Joining a course for career

Hare Krishna

I am 39 years old IT professional.

I regularly chant 16 rounds and am seeking initiation now.

Careerwise, I fear that my technology may become obsolete.

So I am joining a course which will demand thrice a week 2 hours class and 3 hours Sunday assignment.

It looks important for salary growth as well as surviving in IT industry.

Hope such a study is not opposite to Krishna Consciousness.. 

Please suggest, Hare Krishna.. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna,

It's good to hear that you are regularly chanting 16 rounds and seeking initiation. As far as your career is concerned, it's natural to have concerns about the future and the possibility of technology becoming obsolete. However, it's important to remember that our material occupation is meant to support our spiritual life, and not the other way around.

If you feel that taking this course will help you to maintain your job and improve your salary, then it's okay to do so as long as it doesn't interfere with your spiritual practices and principles. It's important to balance our material and spiritual responsibilities and not neglect either one.

As long as you continue to chant your rounds, follow the four regulative principles, and maintain your spiritual practices, you can pursue your career goals without any conflict with Krishna consciousness. In fact, if you see your work as a way to serve Krishna and use your skills to benefit others, it can even become a part of your devotional service.

So, go ahead and pursue your career goals, but always remember that your ultimate goal is to serve Krishna and attain spiritual perfection.

Hare Krishna.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Why this question arose in your mind at all? Is your work not in line with Krsna Consciousness? Intitally when you studied to develop the skill set for your profession, was it anti Krsna Conscious? No na. Then how upgradation of the same skill set can be anti Krsna Conscious.. For upgradation, one will have to join classes and spend time.To stay relevant in the job market, one has to upgrade. Please dont get confused. One has to survive in teh material world and do devotion at the same time.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Thank you Radha Rasmayi Mataji..

I seek you blessings so that I do Prabhupad book reading and distribution.

• In Kaliyuga we must be multi-skilled to stay ahead and surive cut throat competition, later use your skills to spread krsna conscious. When you cant give body and mind , donate money for vaishnav seva

• thank you Prabhuji

• How can such a study be opposite to KC??

• too much indulgence is not favorable to KC

Working more than 8 hours we will end up in Maya.. We will feel lesser bliss.. 

Being in KC is an art

• E-Counselor

Any job today requires more than 8 hours of work. One has to do sadhana in between managing job, family, and bhakti commitments. Please note that bhakti commitment is different from sadhana. Sadhana is chanting, eating only Krsna Prasadam, associating consciously with devotees, reading books, following ekadasi.

This reply was deleted.