If we analayze then we can see that most religions like Islam, chirstiniaty, sikhism and most sects in hinduism and sikhism etc believe in impersonal form of God, while we believe in personal aspect of God. Though i know about the teachings of Gaudiya Vaishnavism but sometimes i think how is it possible that all religions/sects/paths are explaining God in wrong way. I hope devotees will enlighten me with nice examples.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Exactly!! You hit the right point with your last statement, they haven't yet come to this level. My father would always give this example- its like these scriptures are like pocket dictionary and the vedas and puranas are webster dictionary - full version. So they aren't wrong in their views, just not complete.

by our good fortune, we are born in bharat bhoomi, and come in touch with Krishna Consciousness, that is why we have this awareness. Adwaitavad philosophy came just after Shankaracharya philosophy, which was the gradual change towards "Dwaita-advaita" philosophy- which is the gaudiya vaishnava philosophy.

• Hare Krishna, dear Amit Kapoor prabhu.

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Guru-Maharaja.

Dear Amit Prabhu, Jesus Christ, Mohammed,etc. All the great personalities were preaching that God is personal. For example, Jesus Christ said a lot of times my Father or my Holy Father. That means that God has a form, a body, a spiritual body. This goes for all religions in their beginning. But the late followers came with their own filosify that God does not has a form only to satisfy their lusty desires. You know how? If God is not personified, means they can eat,drink, have sex freely, etc whatever they want. Because they want to create theoretically a scene that whatever they are doing, no God can judge them, because, how they are saying, God is not personified.

Next point why they do not accept a personified God is, that all these  religions do not accept the original religion. And that is the original Sanatana-Dharma. So, in order to destroy the original Sanatana-Dharma, the late followers have created from their religion that God does not has an body, He is unpersonified. Because the original  Sanatana-Dharma accept that God has a body. This same original Sanatana-Dharma is the same religion that Srila Prabhupada was preaching and brought it to the west.

So, by not accepting the original Sanatana-Dharma, they don't have to worship murti's and by not doing so they don't have to become purified and if they don't have to be purified, then they can do whatever they want and fullfill their lusty desires. 

The whole Bhagavat -Gita and the Srimad-Bhagavatam is full with examples. For example, Krishna, God Himself was driving the chariot of Arjuna in the Kuruksetra war, the Dhruva-Maharaja story, when Visnu appeared in front of Dhruva, the story of Gajendra, the elephant, when Narayana appeared in front of Gajendra, Canto ten of the Srimad Bhagavatam. Krishna was performing all His Lila's in an personified body. The Gopi's could see Him, touch Him, play with Him, dance with Him. Krishna His mother and father could have also their Lila's with a personified Krishna, as their Baby.

Srila Prabhupada was also using personified murti's.  By serving this murti's one can become purified from the material contamination. Most of the devotees can tell about this experience.

Caitanya Mahaprabhu, when he saw the murti's of Jagannatha, Baladeva and Shubhadra, He totally gone mad in extasy.

No religion has this. Only the original Sanatana-Dharma has this kind of extasy. This same Sanatana-Dharma was also preached by Srila Prabhupada. This same Sanatana-Dharma is the whole process of Bhakti Yoga.

In all the books of Srila Prabhupada you can find enough evidence that God has a spiritual body , an personified body.

Dear Amit Kapoor Prabhu, I hope that I could answer your nice question. If not maybe some other devotee can help. I  hope also that I did not offend you in anyway or some other devotees. I was just trying to help. If I offend you or some other devotees, I am begging you all to forgive me.

Thank you so much.

Radha Radha.

• Hare Krishna prabhu,

Dandvat Pranam. I am very thankful to you for your such a nice reply.

Thanks.

Hari Bol

• Volunteer

Islam, Christianity and Sikhism do not believe in impersonal God.

Sikhism - Ek omkar meaning God is One. Many Names, Ram, Krishna...

Name of God and God are one and the same. Just because there is no form of God used in these religions, one must not think that they worship the impersonal.

In Kaliyuga the method of worship is chanting the Names of God and not worshiping the images of God. These religions being born in Kaliyug, image worship is forbidden.

Look at the Hindus, we are still stuck in the methods of worship of Dwapara.

Even though Krishna Himself started the Nagar Sankirtana movement, we are too lazy, yes including myself, to go out and perform Nama Sankirtana.

• Hare Krishna Shravan prabhu,

Dandvat pranam.

As per my knowledge about islam, its teachings are mostly against personal feature of God. Ascribing physical parts to God is shirk billah.Allah accepts no partner or associate with His person, powers or attributes. definitely it does not talk about personal features.

Sikhism- I have closely observed sikhism as i have spent many years of my life with sikh friends and in our family many give a great respect to sikh gurus. Their description of God is similar to muslims but mostly taking vaishnavism in to account for bhakti. Guru Granth sahib repeats the names of Rama, Krishna, Vishnu so many times but still they believe that they are all subject to birth and death and hence not God. Only 1 God who creates all of them is God. He is formless or Nirgun.

Also as we believe that since Krishna is absolute, his name is not different from Himself but other advaitic philosphers say "Ram se bda Ram ka naam" means name of Ram is greater than Rama Himself.

I would disagree strongly with your opinion that in Kali Yuga deity worship is forbidden and we are still in the methods of worship of Dwapara Yuga. By saying this statement you are disregarding completely the teachings of Chaitnaya Mahaprabhu, Prabhupada. If that was the case then why did Prabhupada estables temples with deities of Krishna everywhere. I agree that Sankirtan is the Yug dharma but deity worship has its own importance.

As mentioned below in one of the answers that Mahaprabhu Himself went in to state of ecstasy on seeing Jagnnath ji's deity.

I beg your pardon if you feel i have written any heavy words. Kindly forgive me.

Thanks a ton for sparing your precious time to reply to this fallen soul.

hari bol

Amit Kapoor

• Volunteer

Also Prabhupada said that the purpose of life is to "Know God and Love Him"

So building temple was necessary to show people Who God Is and a place to get together to teach people how to Love Him.

When we see Krishna's deity, who is Krishna Himself, we are purified.

Watching Arati to Krishna's deity will take away sins acquired over millions of lifetimes.

Deity worship however is not an easy path. It is very difficult path. Harinam Sankirtana on the other hand is very easy because any person, man woman, ordinary people educated and uneducated rich and poor all alike can follow easily.

http://youtu.be/rZkoFie6U5c
      • Volunteer

RE:"I would disagree strongly with your opinion that in Kali Yuga deity worship is forbidden and we are still in the methods of worship of Dwapara Yuga. By saying this statement you are disregarding completely the teachings of Chaitnaya Mahaprabhu, Prabhupada. If that was the case then why did Prabhupada estables temples with deities of Krishna everywhere. I agree that Sankirtan is the Yug dharma but deity worship has its own importance.

As mentioned below in one of the answers that Mahaprabhu Himself went in to state of ecstasy on seeing Jagnnath ji's deity."

Amit prabhu, Idol worship and deity worship is not the same. We worship the installed deity of Krishna who is Krishna Himself. This was explained by Prabhupada with a nice pastime of Lord Rama.

There was a brahmana who did not eat anything until he saw Lord Rama. Lord Rama had to leave Ayodhaya for a few days and during which this brahmana refused to eat. So Lakshmana sends a message to Lord Rama and tells him about this brahmana who is refusing to eat unless he sees Him. Lord Rama asks Lakshmana to give the deity of Himself, that Lord Rama's forefathers used to worship in the family, to the brahmana, indicating that Lord and His image are one and the same. This exact deity is in one of the temples in south India still.

Idol worship means worshiping an idol of a person (Nebuchatnezar in old testament) or an image of cow or demigods.

• Hare Krishna prabhu ji,
    Thanks for the reply. But i feel this information is not clearing my doubt.
    Moreover i haver doubt whether this is authentic ISKCON information or not.
    But still thanks again for your help.

Hari Bol
This reply was deleted.