which is better Chanting with offenses ...OR ...No -Chanting.....if one cannot avoid offenses at all in this life...........should he chant or not............a simple YES or NO ..........

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• dear sidhharth  prabhu..........chanting with offenses is not the best ...but at least its better than NO CHANTING...............

• Chanting with serious offenses is better than not

chanting.

• Oh.......Thanks a ton.............for saying..............now i can chant ....peacefully.....just waiting to hear this 

• thanks

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna devotee,  the most offensive is not to chant the names of the Lord.

One who chants the names of the Lord even once is very  fortunate.

My dear King, a devotee who has taken shelter of the dust from the lotus feet of the Lord can transcend the influence of the six material whips—namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death—and he can conquer the mind and five senses. However, this is not very wonderful for a pure devotee of the Lord because even a person beyond the jurisdiction of the four castes—in other words, an untouchable—is immediately relieved of bondage to material existence if he utters the holy name of the Lord even once.  SB 5.1.35

• Hari Bol, Thanks a lot..........my confusion is clear..........

• Thank you for asking this question prabhu. It is something I have wondered about myself. The wealth of information received in the answers is really wonderful. Hare Krishna

• BG 12.8: Just fix your mind upon Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and engage all your intelligence in Me. Thus you will live in Me always, without a doubt.

BG 12.9: My dear Arjuna, O winner of wealth, if you cannot fix your mind upon Me without deviation, then follow the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga. In this way develop a desire to attain Me.

BG 12.10: If you cannot practice the regulations of bhakti-yoga, then just try to work for Me, because by working for Me you will come to the perfect stage.

BG 12.11: If, however, you are unable to work in this consciousness of Me, then try to act giving up all results of your work and try to be self-situated.

BG 12.12: If you cannot take to this practice, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge. Better than knowledge, however, is meditation, and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action, for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind.

BG 3.5: Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no one can refrain from doing something, not even for a moment.

BG 18.45: By following his qualities of work, every man can become perfect. Now please hear from Me how this can be done.

BG 18.46: By worship of the Lord, who is the source of all beings and who is all-pervading, a man can attain perfection through performing his own work.

BG 18.57: In all activities just depend upon Me and work always under My protection. In such devotional service, be fully conscious of Me.

BG 18.58: If you become conscious of Me, you will pass over all the obstacles of conditioned life by My grace. If, however, you do not work in such consciousness but act through false ego, not hearing Me, you will be lost.

• so........no long philosophy...........I need a simple answer...which is better ..chanting with serious offenses ...or No-chanting.............give a clear answer of the two choices...........no ..confusion..should be there ............

• Chanting with offences is better...

Arjuna:  Yes, I accept that he is a sadhu when he's worshipping You, but if he's doing nonsense, then he is not a sadhu.

Krishna:  No Arjuna, in every regard he's a sadhu because he's properly resolved to serve Me.  He's thinking that;I am unable to give up this sinful activity and I'll probably go to hell, but I'll never give up devotional service to Krishna."  Therefore I consider him a sadhu.

Arjuna:  But how do You accept the service of such an irreligious man whose heart is polluted by lust, anger and greed?  Aren't his offerings contaminated by these things?

Krishna:  He very quickly becomes righteous and I accept him because he laments, remembering Me again and again.  And because of lamentation his heart burns and he thinks,Alas, Alas! there's no other devotee lower than me.  I'm a black spot for devotees".  Again and again he curses himself, and becomes purified due to this repentance.  Or you can take it in this way, Arjuna.  Such a person even when committing sins, his righteousness existed in him in a subtle form.  He's taking the medicine of devotion although the fever remains.  He is not afraid, for he knows that the fever of improper activities will go away by the power of devotion.  The sinful acts are like snakes with the fangs removed. Thus he obtains eternal peace, for his lust will go away and never return.

Arjuna:  I understand that You are saying that he will become righteous.  There is no dispute.  But if he remains sinful and does abominable activities, do we still consider him a sadhu during his life?

Krishna:    My devotee never perishes!  Even if he dies, he does not become degraded.

Arjuna:    Many people will not agree.   How can I help them to understand?

Krishna:  Take mrdangas, take karatals and drums and bang everything loudly. Go...go wherever they are speaking like this and raise both hands in the air and make a vow. Take an oath in My Name and say this: The devotee, the Lord's devotee, even if improperly behaving shall never perish!

Arjuna:  What will happen, Krishna?

Krishna:  When you speak like this, all the people will fall at your feet out of love and say,O Arjuna, you are my guru!

Arjuna:  But why are You asking me to take this vow?  Why are You Yourself not taking it?

Krishna:    I like My devotees very much, and I cannot tolerate any problems put upon them.  I always protect My devotees.  On this battlefield, I'll have to break My own vow when you are fighting with Bhisma. People will only know this Bhagavad-Gita after the battle, and they'll say, Oh, He spoke so many words, but He broke them all! How-ever, they'll know that your words are like lines on a stone. Therefore you should make this vow, Arjuna.

So go where people are doubting the potency of devotion and make this declaration boldly.  That even those of sinful birth, who are naturally impious, if they get the association of My devotees and surrender, then I will give them shelter. They can attain the supreme destination. What to speak of the brahmins, devotees, and saintly kings.  Therefore, Arjuna, even though you have taken a temporary body in this world, you are a rajarsi, so render service to Me.

Arjuna:  How should I do that, Krishna?

Krishna:  Fix everything on Me, Arjuna.  Do not just work with the body and let the mind go elsewhere.  No, first fix your mind on Me.  Not like the servant of the king who renders service, but his mind is on his salary and his relatives.  No.  That is not the symptom of devotion.  So much service may be done, but the mind is the key and the test.  The mind must be fixed on the object of service. Therefore fix your mind on Me, and that thinking should be natural like honey which flows from a bottle. Fix the mind like that.  Become My devotee and worship Me, and then with love, offer your obeisances to Me. Being completly absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.

This reply was deleted.