Hare Krishna everyone. PAMHO

I am a neophyte aspirant devotee. Currently chanting 8 rounds. My to-be-husband is a non devotee. He is not against being a devotee as such but his heart hasn't said "yes" to the philosophy yet. That "this is it" feeling has not come. He is not willing to chant for now but is reading Bhagavad Gita by Swami Mukundananda which according to him is okayish but he is not "loving" it. But he is liking the message of Gita. He knows bhakti is most important but does not have the desire at all for now. I asked him to read Prabhupada books. He read 2 small books and loved it. But when he read BG, he found it "uncomfortable" because of his own limited capacity, he has faith in Prabhupada. I do not want to force him to chant or read BG as it is because this will be counter productive. He has come a long way from being very less religious to this. I do not want to discourage him. I think he needs a light BG. He likes only to read, not to hear and chant for now. He was wanting to read GitaPress BG coz he loves to go in depth of topics, he a science guy but I denied because Prabhupada said that is an impersonal Gita.

So please tell me how should i handle this situation and what should i suggest him to read - more small books by Prabhupada, BG by any other ISKCON devotee or any outside reliable source, any supplement books to Gita written by modern iskcon devotees, any other book by modern iskcon devotee...etc

Please suggest on how to go about this situation. Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hari Bol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This book is very helpful to explain each chapter with an acronym. HH Kesava Swami is an iskcon sanyasi 

https://gitalife.keshavaswami.com

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gita-Life-Summary-Bhagavad-gita-Acronyms/d...

All the best 

Welcome to Gita Life Online! | Gita Life: A Summary of the Bhagavad-gita
  • hare krsna mata ji dandwat pranam 

you can give him books of Radha Narth swami maharaj !!
    You can check on internet about Radha Nath Swami Maharaj

my suggestion : The Journey Within

• Hare Krishna 

That's a great idea. I have heard Radhanath Swami Ji's lectures but didn't know he had books too. That's a great suggestion prabhuji. Will buy the book.

Thank you. Hari Bol 🙏🏻 

• Hare Krishna,

12899665279?profile=RESIZE_930x

PAMHO

This will give you an idea of how to proceed with this situation. Here is the link to all the books - https://vedabase.io/en/library/

Regards

Library
    • Hare Krishna prabhuji 

Yes I thought about the same too. Thank you for this.

Hari Bol 🙏🏻 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

any supplement books to Gita

Bhagavad Gita As it is written by Srila Prabhupada can be very voluminous in philosophy for beginners. My suggestion is to start with Essence of Bhagavad Gita written by HG Radheshyam Prabhu. It is gradual in philosophy, more logical, illustrative and thought provoking. This book comes in 4 volumes. This has been written for common audience. It covers the same topics of BG but the topics have been rearranged so that easily understandable topics come first.

Another book is Basics of Bhagavad Gita published by Bhakitvedanta Book Trust . This is also similar to the book mentioned above, but it is less illustrative, and not too deep although all topicvs are covered.

he loves to go in depth of topics, he a science guy but I denied because Prabhupada said that is an impersonal Gita.

In general such people do not like being denied or restricted. It may be better to show positive direction than to restrict or deny at this point.

He read 2 small books and loved it.

That is a very positive sign. Please try any of the above mentioned books.

Hare Krsna

Essence of Bhagavad-gita Series (Course One to Four)
    • Hare Krishna prabhuji. PAMHO.

Thank you so much for recommending the 2 books. I checked them out. The main one is out of stock. Other one is good but as you mentioned, it doesn't dive deep. So I'll buy the 4 volume book whenever it gets in stock.

I'll also keep in mind not to be restrictive and instead recommending a higher taste.

Hari Bol 🙏🏻

This reply was deleted.