ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

This is just something I have been thinking about and would like to hear the thoughts of others. I live in America.

The message of The Bhagavad-Gita is applicable to everyone no matter who they are or where they come from.

America especially needs Krishna and The Bhagavad-Gita. Desperately.

Here is my question, and I do not mean to offend, wouldn't it be a good idea to try promoting Krishna Consciousness in the U.S. by using a more western approach? I understand the significance of wearing robes and dhotis, etc. but I have found that in my discussions with people in America about Krishna Consciousness that they tend to view it as strictly an "Indian" thing because of how devotees dress.

Wouldn't tasteful, western style clothes work better in passing out literature, books and engaging others in discussion?

Also, it is my hope that my Blog listed below will attract those unfamiliar with Krishna Consciousness and The Bhagavad-Gita.

Hare Krishna

http://krishnaforamerica.blogspot.com/

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krsna Paul prabhu,
PAMHO.
I would like to know the reason for your frustration/ anger. If you are staying in the temple, then why so much envy towards Krsna?
If you are so much against ISKCON, you are free to leave. But why so much hatred in your heart?
You want the same respect that Krsna gets, thats why you are comfortable in vaishnav dress. This is the definition of envy prabhuji. What can I say to you that you dont already know.
PLease calm down prabhuji. Take a step back and introspect.
I can tell you only one thing - Krsna loves you unconditionally. Whatever service you would have done by staying in the temple will be with you through lifetimes. Keep your faith in difficult times prabhuji. That is what our entire training is all about, right?
I am appealing to your good sense prabhuji. Please allow it to prevail.
Haribol,
Your servant,
Radha Rasamayi DD

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi