Splitting up Japa Daily Rounds

Hare Krishna devotees and aspiring devotees. I honor my guru, Sri Lord Chaiytanya and the saintly devotees who have passed on their divine knowledge to those living today.

I hope this discussion on my japa practice brings relation to those who struggle and succeed with their daily chanting rounds.

Since the middle of June of this year, I have been practicing japa on my tulasi beads. I slowly have been increasing my rounds and I am presently chanting 12 rounds a day. I work a regular job surrounded by many people who are not Krishna conscious. I bring my japa to work and chant on my 3 very short breaks and while I am walking from the parking lot to work before my shift starts and than at the end of my shift back to the parking lot. These times are brief so I am not able to complete a full round. When I have to stop, I count the beads I've chanted on and log them in the notes section on my iphone. Then I add up the numbers at the end of the day. They usually equal one or two rounds. Before and after work I can usually complete 5 rounds with a few breaks in between each round or two. Do you follow?

My dear sweet friends, what do you think of this practice? Does it go against any tradition I am not aware of? It would be ideal to chant a complete round but presently, my necessary, survival schedule does not allow for it every day.

Thank you kindly for your time and attention to this matter.

Haribol!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sincerity is the Key . If you are sincere and even unable to complete the rounds; Krishna will provide you the right environment soon to do your rounds and flourish in Krishna Consciousness

Read More..

• Hare Krishna Mataji!!! I tell you this is not happen only in your office but also everywhere you will find the non-devotees who not only atheist but also make fun of devotees and Lord as well. Mataji iam also surrounding with non-devotees who are atheist and just worship their demigod and that is also for fulfilling their wish and which results are also limited which can not give them peace in their soul but i never indulge myself in their ill talks for that they all have gone against me and try to divert my mnd from my sadhana but to be very honest earlier i used to consider them my enemy but now i realize if they were not have created this negative kind of situation, i might not have come so close to Lord Shri RadhaKrishna. This is also a phase of Lord Krishna Mercy, you just keep chanting, as the food is the main souce of the body in the same way chanting is the food of soul.  So do not forget to have the food of your soul even a single day.

Your Humble Servant

Bhuwan Dutt Bawari

Hare Krishna Mataji

• Hare Krishna Mataji!!!!!!!  You doing a very good job and utilizing your time in chanting of Hare Krishna Mahamantra during your breaks, I think that is the best thing you doing.  There is no hard & fast rule for chanting you just have to chant sincerely keeping Lord in your heart. You are very lucky that where the more than 90 percent population is Naradham means sudra quality means degraded quality means who are ignoring the power of Lord and busy in non-religion activity like drinking, eating non-veg, having illicit sex, gambling, Correct me I am wrong.  You still have got love & affection for Lord Shri RadhaKrishna.  Keep going like this you will surely get the advancement in your devotionalship.

Your Humble Servant

Bhuwan Dutt Bawari

Hare Krishna

• Dear Bhuwan Dutt Bawari, I sincerely thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Yes, I'm surrounded by the people you describe. It gets very lonely at times.

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

There is a senior mataji in Florida, also initiated disciple of HH Radhanath Maharaj. She does a lot of preaching online, has online bhakti vriksha and also blogs of her own.

The blog sites are: granthraj.blogspot.com; tavakathamrtam.blogspot.com (this has her lectures). You may go through and if you want to associate with her online or attend her classes, pls write to me at rashmi.khaitan@ril.com. I will give you her email id.

Just trying to help you get over loneliness in devotion mataji by giving you association to the extent possible.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Rashmi

Granthraj Srimad Bhagavatam Nectar
        Reading from the ripened fruit of all Vedic Literature - Granthraj Srimad Bhagavatam is very enriching to the lives of all devotees
        • Sweet Rashmi! Thank you so much. Please accept my obeisances! I'm very excited to be in touch with a woman who has been initiated by Radhanath Maharaj. I will also take you up on your offer to contact you through your email.

As you are my servant, I am yours!

Haribol!

• Thank you kindly for your wise words from the heart. They have given me great encouragement and comfort. I just found out about the clicker counter from another very compassionate devotee yesterday on the way to the temple. I hope I have the opportunity or necessary funds to acquire one soon.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

If you are not able to complete the round, then maybe it would be better for you to chant on counter those office times and the rest on beads. This way, you dont spend time counting how many part rounds you have done and keep account of it separately. Just a more practical and faster way of doing things.

Very good that you are chanting 12 rounds already. Keep it up.

Krsna sees our endeavour and is happy to see our enthusiasm to serve Him. Chanting is also service.

Very good, you are doing very well.

All glories to your guru maharaj.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Volunteer
    Dear devotees, Hare Krishna. It's very good you take this chanting with enthusiasm.
    There are no fixed rules regarding time or place so you can chant anywhere at any time.
    Such chanting you should try to do with some feeling and appreciating that The Lord is present in His name and He is so kindly giving His association to you and cleansing your heart.
    Go on chanting more but do not concern so much with the number of rounds at the cost of chanting with feeling for The Lord.
    As time goes on your number of rounds will naturally and automatically increase.
    Also you will enjoy to chant for a longer period without breaks.
    You will get intelligence how this can all be done without any anxiety.
    Hare Krishna!
    • Hare Krishna

Dear Jagadatma ji,

I agree with you completely and appreciate the things you have writtten.

"Go on chanting more but do not concern so much with the number of rounds at the cost of chanting with feeling for The Lord."

After all, the Lord cares more of the sentiments that we carry for him.

This reply was deleted.