Regulative principle intoxication

Hare Krishna!!

Please let me know What will happen to those person who do pooja daily and do 2-4 rounds of japa and also do Ekadashi fast and he has no desire.. he do his duties without ego  selfless desire but occasionally drink liquor in party with Freinds in get together during some events .

1 .What sinful reaction will get to these person ?
2.does his devotion service vanquished 
3. Does he got animal birth in next life ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• But prabhu what if that devotee tried his best to quit alcohol but he couldn't due to strong addiction to it but served krsna through all his heart yet he would achieve lower planets? 

I m not getting a rational clarification about this thing, 

Devotion is performed through the heart whereas alcohol addiction Is something related to the human biology(like Serotonin and dopamine) and Psychological thing- the way brain sends signals to the body to perform the same action again and again repeatedly, and srila prabhupad in one of his Conversation quoted as - "Krishna only cares how much u Love him"  So if a devotee is yearning for krishna why would the Lord still send him to he'll through the arrangement of material nature? 

Won't Lord help him personally to realise his True Self? 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

couldn't due to strong addiction

No addiction is stronger than the holy names of Sri Krsna. 

Devotion is performed through the heart

No devotional service begins with senses, especially tongue.

When Kṛṣṇa is satisfied with one’s devotional service, He does everything Himself. Sevonmukhe hi jihvādau svayam eva sphuraty adaḥ. He reveals more and more to the devotee as the devotee advances in service. Jihvādau: this service begins with the tongue, with chanting and with taking the prasāda of Kṛṣṇa.

ataḥ śrī-kṛṣṇa-nāmādi
            na bhaved grāhyam indriyaiḥ
            sevonmukhe hi jihvādau
            svayam eva sphuraty adaḥ

(Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu 1.2.234) ( Purport SB 10.9.15)

Devotional service eventually encompasses senses, mind, intelligence, heart and all of one's consicousness

alcohol addiction Is something related to the human biology

All addictions are due to material conditionings. The process of devotional service is to remove those conditionings. 

Bhakti-yoga is the purification of the senses. At the present moment in material existence the senses are always impure, being engaged in sense gratification. But by the practice of bhakti-yoga these senses can become purified, and in the purified state they come directly in contact with the Supreme Lord.  In this material existence, I may be engaged in some service to some master, but I don’t really lovingly serve my master. I simply serve to get some money. And the master also is not in love; he takes service from me and pays me. So there is no question of love. But for spiritual life, one must be elevated to the pure stage of love. That stage of love can be achieved by practice of devotional service, performed with the present senses. This love of God is now in a dormant state in everyone’s heart. And, there, love of God is manifested in different ways, but it is contaminated by material association. Now the heart has to be purified of the material association, and that dormant, natural love for Kṛṣṇa has to be revived. That is the whole process. This practice can help anyone rise to the level of love of God, and then he is sure of his progress into the spiritual kingdom of God. This practice of bhakti-yoga, under the rules and regulations, with the direction of a spiritual master, will surely bring one to the stage of love of God. ( Purport BG 12.9)

"Krishna only cares how much u Love him"  So if a devotee is yearning for krishna why would the Lord still send him to he'll through the arrangement of material nature? 

True, but we cannot assume that we love Krsna. Love for Sri Krsna is not a cheap thing. It is the highest stage of Bhakti. Those who are fully in stage of love for Krsna feel that they have no love for Krsna. On the other hand those who claim or pretend like they have love for Krsna are only cheap imitators called sahajiyas who have no love for Krsna. 

The sign of love for Sri Krsna is that they are not attracted to anything material. They are addicted to Sri Krsna and are repelled by sense gratification. Lord Sri Chaitanya exhibhited such love for Sri Krsna.

Won't Lord help him personally to realise his True Self? 

Yes Lord Sri Krsna in the form of holy names will certainly help a devotee to get rid of anarthas. Lord Sri Krsna has already appeared in the form of Holy name to help us. But as practicing devotees we need to sincerely take shelter of the holy names by absorbing our consciousness in the transcendental sound vibration of Krsna

Hare Krsna

• I got it prabhuji thank u so much for ur time and answer 🙏🙇‍♀️

Ur Insignificant servant 

ASDD

This reply was deleted.