poverty stricken

hare krsna

devotees and vaishnavas

plz consider my problem, whatever i and my prabhuji do for living, becomes a failure with lots of lossesss and debts. now we are full of debts and even maintaing basic needs have become difficult. can anyone one suggest what can be done. going through lot of financial crises which is leading disturbance in mind for chanting and devotional service.

this is going from past some years nothing is changing

i see lord sanctions all spiritual desires of us, like we have nice association, temple everything but except finance

i am a mother of two kids younger one is just six months so i am unable to do any job.

stuggling hard to pay rent of the house. somehow lords mercy food is taken care by my parents. 

plz suggest what i can do or any councelling is needed.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haribol!

Poverty on material platform is hard to solve alone, if you could just pay the bills it is good, but understanding this you can't I read.

Poverty for spiritual platform is peanuts! There is no way a person (try to be) devotee of The Lord is poor. Everything is taken care for.

I read in coments a lot of things.

I think of;

Laksmi-Narayana; to beget your things in life needed the most

Ganga ganga ganga; to wipe out bad karma wich might be in the way to not get a job

Om namo Ramaya Namaha; to get (eventually) everything you really want (deffinitly on spiritual platform, but also material)

And yes Hanuman is a good one too, to remove obstacles on your path.

But this all is very spiritual, practical you need hard cash to pay the rent, a mantra is helping on a miriclally way, but still at the end of the month you need cash on your bank to pay rent simple as that.

I am not looking you up on internet, but it depends where you live what you cando. Like;

you could end up in a living group or commune to live, you all share the rent or postpone the rent until you have steady job and in meanwhile make good agreements to help all other livinggroup people with chores and where they need help with. It is social and financial the best of options. You have kids, you can take care of other kids than too in the livinggroup and do household in return of monthly pay of rent for at least until you find a good job.

or you can ask the temple comunity to come up with suggestions. I am aware 100% of service is volentary and non paid in temples, however perhaps there are jobs they need to be done wich they hire outsiders anyways. No idea if you have a drivinglicese/car (or axcess to a car) you could offer (if devotees live remote and like to join temple programs) offer to transpor them and be like a devotee-cab-driver (no idea if that is illegal. But at least money is than kept inside the Krishna community in a way, instead of commercial cabs.

Anyways Krishna will keep send you help coming times, His ways are not always you expect to be, so keep your eye's and ears open.

Hare Krishna!

• Hare Krishna mataji, Dandawat pranam.  I wonder how is the situation.  I hope and pray your situation has improved.  If so, could you share us the ways you followed.

• I have gone through similar situations in my life, most of the time people who havent experienced this situation give philosohpical answer, it doesnt help. We need answers to our solutions, however , I would suggest you few things which might help you.

1. Worship and pray  to gomata- feed her watever you can. 
    2. Worship Hanuman ji, why? because Lord ram has kept him on the earth for helping devotees. Hes chiranjivi. Read and recite hanuman chalisa and sundar kand
    3. Please get kundali checked from good  astrologer, he can suggest few solutions. 

having said that and having gone through this situations I know how it feels. Those who dont know will only tell you bookish knowwledge or else theywill copy paste. We may have done good things in this life but in previous life we may have done karmas for which we have to pay now and we can get over it by extra chanting. 

• All glories to Shri Guru and Gauranga.

I totally agree with Gayatri Mataji. Even Prabhupada had the some difficulties initially

Mataji I'am sorry but I don't have any money to help you ,all I can do is pray for you.

We vaishnavas should understand that for family life, it's important to appease Lekshmi devi, who serves Krishna.

I humbly request you to recite Lekshmi Suktam. How many of  Vaishnavas think Lord Hari will be displeased with you for calling  Leksmi Devi who serves Lord's lotus feet? No Never.  Even the famous Tirupathi Temple  has this recitation. Leksmi Suktam should be  followed by all Grihastashrama devotee's of Krishna for Family Life and well being. This hym is from Rig Veda.

THIS IS MY HUMBLE WISH THAT NO devotee of the Lord should struggle financially. So All GRIHASTASRAMAS please recite this and  BRING LEKSHMI TO YOUR HOUSE AND GLORIFY THE LORD.

Warning: This Suktam is not meant for Sanyasis.

PS: Please find the youtube link for Maha Lekshmi Suktam

Your Humble servant

Arjun Radhakrishnan

• hare krishna mata ji 

i can totally understand your situation mataji , as the lord says we are his dearest friend...he will never let us down so he will do something for us ....we know the sudhama pastime right he was lord close friend yet he was struck by poverty. yet when he finally surrendered to the lord he received all material and spiritual possessions...from this we learn that he will never let us down. once i read this beautiful quote " when life puts you in such a situation when you cant handle any more then fall on your keens to god because when he stands up for you nothing can stand against you "...now thinking about solutions for now what we can do is may be prabhuji can work in the temple itself they give salary in temple like for the technical works so may be that can be of any help coz you will get regular salary . and for you may be be you can take mridanga or flute or sankirthan classes if you know any of them or you can take tuition or may be cook prasadam and make a small level stall...hope this helps...in what ever situation plz keep chanting 

always in your service 

hari bol!!!

utthama gauranga dasa

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Firstly, my sympathies for your situation. Its never easy, if finances are an issue. You are already initiated, what can one say to you that you don't know already.

If your prabhu has been doing business, then maybe he should switch to job for financial stability. In a job, atleast the monthly salary will come in (please ensure that the employer is such that he pays salary monthly and doesn't keep it pending for 2-3 months). Secondly, maybe supplement the monthly salary with tuitions kind of thing, so that some of the debt is cleared every month.

It is appreciable that your parents are taking care of food needs for your family, but you also know that it is not advisable. At their age, they need support. Why should we take support from them.

YOu have mentioned that it is disturbing your chanting. So maybe you could pray to Srila Prabhupada, that if His Divine Grace thinks fit, and it is for your spiritual upliftment, he could make some arrangements to ease out the financial issues so that you could do better devotion. You could also chant Nrisimha Kavacha mantras. Nrisimhadev makes the path clear for spiritual progress.

All the while, keep the faith mataji - this too shall pass. Whatever phase you are going through now, you will overcome. Look for the spiritual lesson in all the daily happenings mataji.

Your situation demands that you surrender more and more to the Supreme Lord. You have no choice but to depend on Him for every single rent even. Try to learn spiritual lesson from every situation mataji. Life is all about converting an adversity into an opportunity. Use this adversity as an opportunity to surrender more fully to Krsna.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• mathaji can u please mention narasimha kavacha mantra

• hare krishna mataji 

dandavats pranam

thank you mataji, yes mataji i can see lord really reciprocates when i totally surrender unto him, plz pray that i can  do my sadhana properly

• Chapter 2: Contents of the Gita Summarized

TEXT 14
    matra-sparsas tu kaunteya
    sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah
    agamapayino 'nityas
    tams titiksasva bharata
    SYNONYMS
    matra—sensuous; sparsah—perception; tu—only; kaunteya—O son of Kunti; sita—winter; usna—summer; sukha—happiness; duhkha-dah—giving pain; agama—appearing; apayinah—disappearing; anityah—nonpermanent; tan—all of them; titiksasva—just try to tolerate; bharata—O descendant of the Bharata dynasty.
    TRANSLATION
    O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.
  • Hare Krishna Mata ji,

I feel sympathy for your present condition. But have faith and patience. Lord has better plan for you.

"If I do somebody some special favor, then My first duty is I make him crushed in all material possessions." You see? Why? "Because to make him more surrendered to Me." When he becomes helpless, he has no other way. "Kṛṣṇa, please take me." When he has something, he thinks, "Oh, these things will protect me, my material possessions." Therefore he does not surrender." ----Srila Prabhupada

“If somebody wants to be actually devotee of Kṛṣṇa, at the same time, keeps his material attachment, then Kṛṣṇa's business is He takes away everything material, so that cent percent he becomes, I mean to say, dependent on Kṛṣṇa. So that actually happened to my life.” ---- Srila Prabhupada

In SB 10.88.8 Krishna says...

If I especially favor someone, I gradually deprive him of his wealth. Then the relatives and friends of such a poverty-stricken man abandon him. In this way he suffers one distress after another.

By doing this, Krsna removes all the obstructions on the path of devotion.Now nothing remains except for Krsna. Krsna becomes the only shelter for such helpless soul.

It is at night that the sunrise becomes attractive, during the hot summer that cold water gives comfort, and during the cold winter months that warm water is pleasing. Lamplight appears attractive in darkness, not in the glaring light of day, and when one is distressed by hunger, food tastes especially good." In other words, to strengthen his devotees' mood of dependence on Him and longing for Him, the Lord arranges for His devotees to go through some suffering, and when He appears in order to deliver them, their gratitude and transcendental pleasure are boundless.(SB 10.88.8 Purport).

It is at night that the sunrise becomes attractive, during the hot summer that cold water gives comfort, and during the cold winter months that warm water is pleasing. Lamplight appears attractive in darkness, not in the glaring light of day, and when one is distressed by hunger, food tastes especially good." In other words, to strengthen his devotees' mood of dependence on Him and longing for Him, the Lord arranges for His devotees to go through some suffering, and when He appears in order to deliver them, their gratitude and transcendental pleasure are boundless.(SB 10.88.8 Purport).

Please be assured that Krsna has lot of love for you and wants you to be moving away from material things to focus on Krishna completely fully surrendered to HIM

I know money is so important in day to day living in life ...Hope you have  bright future in coming days.

Hare Krishna.

This reply was deleted.