meat eating

hare krishna ,

sorry for my ignorant queries that ihave been posting. but nobody has been able to give me a convincing reply till date.May be i was not asking the right people. asking them here hoping to clear the confusions in my mind. one more ignorant query.

in hindus meat eating is prohibited for brahmins and vaishyas.isckonprohibits it for all. But how is it ok for brahmins in certain regions of india to consume meat ? as in kashmir and bengal? 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Hinduism is a very vague term. Here shudras claim themselves to be Brahmins. They do not read scriptures nor do follow still they claim themselves to be Brahmins. "Kalayo Shudro sambhava" means everyone is Shudra by qualification or birth in Kaliyuga. One has to acquire qualities of Brahmins by following a devotional life.

Kashmiri brahmins are influenced greately by a historical figure (probably AbhinavGupta) who was TANTRIC Lord Shiva Bhakta. He proposed many theories of sacrifices to get material benefits. Still people follow him though might have forgotten his name.

Many so called Bengali brahmins also eat nonveg on the similar lines as they worship devi Durga as they are fully in mode of ignorance.

True Hinduism is actually Vaishnavism which strictly prohibits eating Non-Vegetarian food. A true Vaishnava is above a learned brahmin. ISKCON is creating Vaishnavas irrespective of their so called caste system prevelent these days. Please do not feel that your query is wrong or so.. It is better to clear doubts.

Hari bol

• hare krishna prabhu ji.

thanks a lot

your answer has put my mind to rest on this issue and i know what to answer the people when they argue on this point.

• hindus dont eat meat. and if they eat, it means thy cant control their senses..it is clearly stated no eating meat...and no brahmins of bengal and kashmir are given exception to eat meat...it is their own imagination rule...we have to accept the animal as our siblings...just because hey are lower specis we cant treat them badly...i mean,we wont traet our own sibling if he or she is dumb...we wont kill him/her rite? ....so thats the thing....dont kill....

• Volunteer
    Who is your authority that says the "brahmins" anywhere eating meat are OK?
    • Volunteer

Good to see you back prabhu, always enjoy reading your answers.

Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.