Hare Krishna,Dandvat  to all devotees!!!
       i was listening the lectures of 'Science of self realization'.In the chapter 'Who Am I?' the different characteristics of soul are described,but i want to know- Is there any possibility that two different souls are residing in a single body?

please give me guidance.

hare Krishna!!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Volunteer
    Intoxication can increase the likelihood that someone will be possessed by a ghost. That is a miserable soul who then takes charge of such a person and causes great distress.
  • Hare Krishna !!!

Jai Gurudev Jai Prabhupada !!

Yes there is two soul within our body one is Jivatma and second one is Paramatma... Jivatma knower of our body and paramatma is knower of all the body.. we are anu krishna is vibu ... Quality wise same and quantitywise lot in difference...Hare Krishna..

Your Servant
    Rasika Govinda Das
    • thanks for reply prabhuji!!!!!!!!
      but i want to know about two Jiwatma in single body is possible or not?
      • Hare Krsna

About split-personality:
        Your third question, What is the explanation of split-personality, actually, there are not two personalities, there is only change of mind. Therefore, the mind has to be fixed up in Krishna, then there is no more extreme change in the mind from one personality to another. There is always only one personality, it is just that if the mind is very disturbed, it may change in extreme way; if such person is devotee; best remedy is to sit down very tightly and chant Hare Krishna very loudly and hear for the a long time until he feels himself one-minded and fixed on Krishna's Lotus Feet.
        (from SP Letter to Mohanananda, Feb. 22, 1972, Mayapur)
        • Thanks for such a nice answer.

hari bol!!!!
      • Hare Krsna.

I read this in Srila Prabhupada's purport to SB 11.15.34
        Similarly, by birth as a fish one becomes invulnerable to water, by birth as a bird one gets the mystic perfection of flying, and by birth as a ghost one gets the mystic perfection of disappearing and entering into the bodies of others.

And this:
        Devotee: Śrīla Prabhupāda, does the soul, the ghost, enter into the other man's body? The soul is occupying one body, and the ghost, as another soul, does he enter that body? There's two souls in the one body?

Prabhupāda: Not exactly enters, but he catches the body. But because the ghost has no gross body—he has got his subtle body, mind, intelligence, and ego—you cannot see him, how he has attacked that body. You cannot see the body of mind, intelligence. You know I have got my mind; I know you have got your mind. But you do not see my mind; I do not see your mind. So ghost is within the subtle body: mind, intelligence, and ego. So with that subtle body, he attacks the man, but you cannot see. He does not enter into him. The enter is the soul within the body. Therefore sometimes ghost is walking in the room. We cannot see. But he takes away something. We see that the thing is going away. (laughter) Because you cannot see his gross body. And because he hasn't got gross body, he can move very swiftly. Now he is here; he can go ten miles away immediately. But there is ghost. And they attack specially woman.
        (Room Conversation with Psychiatrist and Indian Boy, May 12, 1975 Perth
      • Does Not required two Jivatma in single body..Only One Jivatma.
This reply was deleted.