Hare Krishna,

ŚB 6.4.9

अन्नं चराणामचरा ह्यपद: पादचारिणाम् ।
अहस्ता हस्तयुक्तानां द्विपदां च चतुष्पद: ॥ ९ ॥
annaṁ carāṇām acarā
hy apadaḥ pāda-cāriṇām
ahastā hasta-yuktānāṁ
dvi-padāṁ ca catuṣ-padaḥ

By nature’s arrangement, fruits and flowers are considered the food of insects and birds; grass and other legless living entities are meant to be the food of four-legged animals like cows and buffalo; animals that cannot use their front legs as hands are meant to be the food of animals like tigers, which have claws; and four-legged animals like deer and goats, as well as food grains, are meant to be the food of human beings.

Then why it is a sin to eat meat ?

In God's design, one living being is the food of other living beings. Then how can we say He is compassionate ?

Lord Krishna never spoke on the topic of animal killing and meat eating. Nor did Lord Rama.

Moreover they hunted animals in the forest. ( May be Kshatriya Dharma ).

Lord Krishna silently watched, when arjuna hunted down many birds trying to escape during Khandava dahana.

Only devotees like Prabhupada , bhishma and narada showed compassion to animals.

It seems that devotees are more  compassionate than Him.

I am wondering, when God himself is indifferent  and silent, why meat eating should be a serious topic among devotees ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

Are you not curious to know what  is God's  opinion ?

• God gives his opinions regarding mundane matters in some incarnations and in others he refrains from the mundane topics to deal in the esoteric.

Actually i know that none of this is not known to you.e.g Lord buddha is one the bonafide 10 incarnations and he specifically instructs on non violence, so much so that he forms it as his core teaching.Now i guess you want to hear it from the horses mouth(so to speak!!).

Also we can be curious all we want about Lord and his workings and his opinions and what not.That is beneficial in one way but frustrating at the same time because what shuddha bhaktas speak about these esoteric matters is understood by us at whatever level in bhakti we are in and which most probably would convey something that in all likelihood be miles away from the actual import

This reply was deleted.