Vedic Solutions: Iron rod in fire

For grahasta devoteesUnderstanding " Iron rod in fire" as essentially a very intense and ideally a continuous process becomes a necessity.We can move from the bodily concept to the spiritual state as eternal servitorsof Sri Sri Radha Shyamsundar either on the yoga ladder overzillions of life times or in the express elevator of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu'sSankirtan movement; in this lifetime itself.In the latter the process is very intense like fire!To go through this fire grahastas need constant sadhu sanga and support.This is best done in the traditional format of Deity worship at home, Krishna katha, weekly temple service etc with family and devotee community..in our rapidly expanding devotee community we find that grahastas are hundreds of miles away from sadhu sanga and temples.Hence the need of an internet community of devotees who will needsadhu support through narration of trusted personal experiences over the web!A solid relationship building exercise over the net becomes the next frontier.Please comment.Dandavats n ThanksTags: solutions, vedic

ScannedImage.jpg

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Recetly here at our temple have seen a bunch of grehastha couples divorce. These couples, i noticed were not seeking outside help with their troubled marriages and were not able to sort out their differences on their own. We must form mature groups that can help these devotees. Mature successful couples who can keep confidence and by example show how to have a loving and supportive relationship.

Here is a poster i have hanging in my bathroom for all who visit to see:

A SPOUSE IS YOUR SPIRITUAL SUCCESS PARTNER WHO:

• THINKS OF YOU, LISTENS TO YOU AND SPEAKS TO YOU KINDLY IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES
    • WORKS ALONGSIDE YOU WITH STRONG FAITH IN YOU AND YOUR POTENTIAL
    • ASSISTS YOU IN MAKING LASTING POSITIVE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE
    • SUPPORTS YOU AND ENCOURAGES YOUR SPIRITUAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
    • NEVER TAKES ANY DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU VERY SERIOUSLY
    • ENCOURAGES YOU WITH YOUR SEVA, NATURAL GIFTS AND TALENTS, SO THAT YOU CAN USE THEM AS A BASIS FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL ADVANCEMENT AND YOUR MATERIAL SUPPORT
    • WORKS WITH YOU AND FOR YOU, NOT ON YOU
    • KEEPS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
    • CRITICIZES THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF YOU
    • BELIEVES IN YOUR INHERENT POTENTIAL TO BE A PURE DEVOTEE OF THE LORD

Along with this, you must have regular sadhana. Support eachothers sahdana and keep deities in the home. Always everyday worship them together. Do not make TV a habit, but make puja a habit.

If your partner is getting weak in their sadhana, do not start an arguement over it. Be as loving about it as you can. Support them when they do good and always keep the channels open.

They can come back around and be strong again, support that!
    • Volunteer
      This is an excellent post and I'm in full agreement. I would only add that it helps if a couple is able to share a goal. If two people look fondly into one anothers eyes that's not wrong but it's better if they are both looking ahead together. Additionally it's important that the male knows how to properly manage his ojas shakti.
    • Dandavat prannams

Mata,

your Mother's heart has come through- you feel the pain of these grehasta devotees- their inability to sort out their differences and you sincerely like to help them and all grehastas- thank you.

Please be kind to form such a group on Iskcon refresh!

I’ll be much obliged.

Please take the lead!

You being more qualified and empowered!

I am a Johnny come lately and though I try to be the gentleman and the example- I am failing so miserably.

Please engage a few of the successful non- exploitive couples and trained non- exploitive devotees in such matters, who keep confidence and by example show how to have a loving and supportive relationship.

Your poster is enlightening and your thought that devotees( presently not in good stead) can come back around n b strong again and we as devotees must support that whole heartedly.

Thanks a million.

Yours in service to Sri Guru n Lord Gauranga

Kanai thakura das
      • I am in complete agreement !
        • thanks. pl ask jhulan-yatra mataji to take the lead. i hope more members could encourage her grace to be enthused to do.
          dandavats
  • HareKrsna! Jai Srila Prabhupada!!

The association of Devotees are important. 60% senior devotees asoociation, take 20% of association from same level group of devotee, another 20% of association is to give to the junior s …….Haribol!!
  • PAMHO.I feel these discussions will really help all of us.We all should atleast try to read the discussions if not reply to one. We all should make it a point to read all the discussions everyday. It will be a successful start to gaj's initiative and to srila prapupad's mission of spreading KC.
    Haribol.
    Dandavats n thanks
  • haribolo!

Him?

Natkhat Gopal is every where!

He hides in the hearts of Vaishnavas!

Patao them and you have Him!

So simple!

All it takes is loving n caring serving of Prasadam, sweet words etc

it is simple but not easy!

but it becomes easier in the company of like minded sincerely trying to be vaishnavas n still more easier with vaishnavas specially with Prabhupadangas!

and they r on the net too!
  • dandavats.

tx.

in my humble opinion - the net groups of vaishnavas r essential to keep u from getting into tamas guna and fill in the gaps in times where u do not have physical sadhu sanga- thereby u can have constant sadhu sanga- the principle being that something is better than nothing!

physical sadhu sanga is most purifying as yr mind is attentive n most imp u r hearing The glories of the Holy name- the easiest process of purification.

Plus physical sanga gets u to honour Prasadam!

it is at other times where access to devotee sanga is not easily available or not available that you can almost always find a loving caring vaishnava to connect to on the net- especially in those times where one's mind is tripping out/ flipping/spaced out etc that the whole wide world(www) of Srila Prabhupada's Iskcon devotees are there as your support n comfort.

May not b the ideal but keeps 'the iron rod in the fire'!

dandavats

Srila Prabhupada ki jaya
  • dandavats.

tx.

i agree wt u whole heartedly-- having prasadam parties with sadhus/vaishnavas/ trying to be vaishnavas etc is a lot of fun n very blissful!

but their r circumstances that do not allow such KC activities- n i am in one such situation!

I am undergoing ayurveda treatment in udupi, india- this kind of treatment is long n drawn out n the vaidya Dr Shiva Kumar n HG Tejiyas prabhu have convinced me that i have to relocate- atleast temp fr 3 years- now this circumstance makes me reach out onto devotees on the net like yr graceful self for sadhu sanga- mainly sadhu support of the emotional n intelligent kind- so that I get 'constant' sanga n keep tamas away.

please be kind to provide any support- i am in yr debt.

dandavats

Srila Prabhupada ki jaya

yr servant

kanai thakura das
This reply was deleted.