Featured Posts (12278)

Sort by

Uproar over call to ban Bhagavad Gita

Copy of India Hindu Protest

AP

International Society for Krishna Consciousness, ISKCON, followers protest outside the Russian consulate in Kolkata, India, on Monday.

New Delhi - Angry Indian lawmakers forced parliament to close on Monday and protesters gathered outside a Russian consulate over a Siberian trial calling for one of Hinduism's most holy books to be put on a list of banned literature that includes Hitler's Mein Kampf.

The case

Read more…
Comments: 1

Rediff.com

The move to ban Bhagwad Gita by a Siberian court led to a storm in the Lok Saba on Monday, with several members denouncing it and demanding that the government take it up strongly with Russia.
"We will not tolerate any move to insult Lord Krishna," chanted Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad, who was supported by several members, angry over reports that a court in Tomsk was  due to pronounce its verdict in a case calling for a ban on the Bhagwad Gita.
The reason for the reported move is tha
Read more…
Comments: 1

Bhagvada Gita BAN!

Devotees in Tomsk, Siberia, are currently in court fighting an attempt by the Russian government’s Federal Security Service (FSB) to prove that Srila Prabhupada’s Bhagavad-gita As It Is is an extremist literature that should be banned.

It all began in May 2010, when an officer of the Tomsk FSB division approached Sergey S. Avanesov, the dean of the philosophy department at Tomsk University, and asked him for his “expert assessment” of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is.

Interestingly, Avanesov also teache

Read more…
Volunteer

Let's Fasten Our Belts Tightly & FIGHT!!!