Other Tenth Canto Bhagavatam Commentaries?

Hare Krishna, please accept my humble obeisance. 

I am looking to read a commentary on the tenth canto of Bhagavatam from previous acharyas, and would like to know which you liked the most.

I have found three possibilities which have been translated into English by HH Bhanu Swami: 

- Srila Sanatana Goswami's Brhad Vaisnava Tosani

- Srila Jiva Goswami's Laghu Vaisnava Tosani

- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakur's Sarartha Darsini

I also have Srila Prabhupada's Krsna Book which is a summary of the tenth canto, but would like all the shlokas.

Thank you so much for your input, and have a wonderful day! 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

My favourite is Krsna - The Supreme Personality of Godhead by His Divine Grace  A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krsna

Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
    • Thank you for sharing :)

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

Nice to see that you are avid reader. I have no idea of the above said books. I mean I know they exist but I am not so great to reach post graduation level comparitive studies. I am thinking Krsna book and SB canto 10 is sufficient for getting priliminary understanding. If you have already read the regular books and maybe you can go to higher standard books and do comparitive studies. But very nice you are so much interested to read and learn about Krishna more and more.

Canto 10 Bhagwatam has all the slokas. If you have read Srimad Bhagwatam.

But anyhow, can you provide us the pdf 's of the above said books or tell us where are they available online to read. It would be helpful for others also.

In my view Srila Prabhupada's Srimad Bhagwatam is complete authoritative authentic scripture nothing else can beat it. 

Thanks 

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna Mata ji,

Thank you for taking your taking your time to reply back! I definitely agree that Prabhupada's Srimad Bhagavatam is a complete authoritative and authentic scripture, but I also wanted the verses after Canto 10, Chapter 13 which is where he wrote up to. I also have his Krsna Book which is a great summary version. I just think it's nice to have the full verses given that it has more detail, as well as nice purports to explain them. 

I wish I had the PDFs of those books, but I couldn't find them anywhere online. I just placed an order to buy them today, and I believe that having a physical copy of these transcendental books are so much better than reading the PDFs. I can send you some websites which do sell it if you're interested.

I appreciate your reply again, hope you have a great day! 

Pirasan

This reply was deleted.