Worship

Hare Krsna I have some questions about performing arti .

I do not yet have deities I only have pictures of Radha Krsna ,Panca tattva and Srila Prabhupada .

I want to offer simple daily arti, could someone just explain a basic procedure of an offering I could do ..what order and how , what to offer and what time etc ,I know this is really basic but I just want to make a start.

Second is if one acquires Gaura Nitai deities is there a certain way for them to be installed in a home , or can that be quite simple also?

I'm trying to engage in the 5 main practices of Bhakti ! 

Thanks v much !

Nick 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Hare Krishna,

I remember you! from IDT chats! You were so rude lol. But i still liked you.. i like fighting with people it gets the conversation going lol. I was panjaka dasa then.

I dont have any answers. But I have my guru picture. Srila Prabhupada, Pancha-tattva, and radha-krishna. They not really pictures made from paper. I purchased them and embedded them in a glass stand so they will last hopefully for many years. What I do it put them in a cupboard i have at home. Then when i want to do my prayers i get them out and put them on a little box sit down and chant hare krishna mantra on my hands. I dont have a japa-mala as i always think its too offical and i dont want to be 'oh man im doing bhakti' even though i been doing it on/off for over 20 years. Sometimes i do like 1 round sometimes 2 sometimes 3-4 or sometimes 5. I dont have really any stategic things going on. Sometimes i read for hours sometimes never. I guess i find it hard to stick to something. I have been reading the same gita verse over and over again for weeks now. I want to understand it fully... i doubt it answers you questions but somebody will. This is the verse anyway:

Bg. 7.19 (vedabase.io)

Bg. 7.19
    • 😉That made me laugh . Sorry Punkech if I was rude !  It sounds like we practice Bhakti in the same way , but we have to become consistent and steady ... Gauranga! And thank u 🙏🏻 

• Yes your right have to be consistant, im trying to some how form a good habit. I will have to see how to be consistant which i find hard.

• heh neegan. )) maybe u remember me. Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.