Hare Krishna all,

pamho,

All glories to Srila prabhupada!

Is there anything that we can do to remove poverty,starvation deaths and other material problems in india that are there from many years. How can we progress materially so that we can practise spiritual activities peacefully with concentration.

Your Servant

Aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPAD

Prabhupad had given instructions to not let there be any hungary men in 10miles radius to any ISKCON temple.

Terefore we have the AKSHAY PATRA program run in india feeding 14lakh students everyday.

they all get mahaprasadam so in this way the miseries are solved and at same time they advance spitually.

vaishnava servant

• Sevak

Hare Krishna. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Miseries and material problems are everywhere. No matter where you are there will be miseries except the spiritual world. Poverty, starvation, deaths happen by Krishna's will not our will. So we can't do anything about it. You have to understand that the poor people in India are suffering the consequences of their past lives karma. And also due to their forgetfulness of Krishna. In the Bhagavad Gita it is said that different kinds of miseries are due to our forgetfulness of Krishna. Actually, it doesn't take any material advancement to make spiritual advancement. As you will see that most devotees of Krishna are poverty stricken. They are not materially advanced because material riches just blinds a person. If a person is materially advanced then he will automatically forget Krishna due to his attraction of material things. So in a way, many souls in Indian bodies are fortunate because Krishna has taken away their material possessions and given them birth in a pious soil where Krishna's names are chanted more often. So therefore the only solution for India's problems is Krishna Consciousness. There's no other way.  There's no other way.  There's no other way. 

Gaura Hari Bol! 

• Hare Krishna Bhaktavtsal Das Adhikary

It's an excellent project. But it must be difficult to find such family devotees. Many times there would be only 1 person who is Krishna Conscious in the family. In-spite of all the difficulties it's glad to know that you are at a stage of providing examples to the whole world. I would pray to Lord Krishna for the success of this.

Srijon Saha Prabhuji

I understand what you are saying prabhuji but in a situation of unhealthy condition with no proper food and shelter, it's not at all easy to follow KC. Forget about following KC, these people don't even know anything about "Lord Krsna" . What I am trying to say is ,how will this  information reach to these poor/needy/helpless people.

I am not saying provide them lots of riches and wealth and then make them Krishna conscious.

• Sevak

Hare Krishna Mata Ji. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

A truly pure devotee doesn't care about shelter, food. As long as he is serving Krishna he is fully satisfied. I understand that you are trying to help the needy people. But the thing is most of them are karmis. If they get hold of material possessions, they will become more attracted to material things so there's no use. As said in BG, charity should be only given to Vaisnavas and temples. They must suffer their past lives karma. Unless they take to Krishna Consciousness or take shelter of Krishna's lotus feet, nothing can be done for them. As for the preaching, that's why ISKCON was created. ISKCON doesn't only preach to so-called materially rich people. KC is for every1 but that person has to approach it. Others can't make you KC. And Srila Prabhupada had said to not let there be any hungary men in 10 miles radius to any ISKCON temple.

Hari Bol! 

• Hare Krishna and thanks Prabhuji

I know ISKCON has this foundation called Akshaya Patra that provides unlimited food for govt school children's.

But my question still stays the same. How will these construction workers/servants etc who have to work so hard to earn just 2 times food and temporary shelter will ever be able to lift themselves up spiritually and is ISKCON doing something about it?

• Volunteer

in Bhagavad Gita Krishna says that 4 types of people do not come to Him. and one type of them are those who are mudhas - asses. Who work from morning till night and do not have time for inquiring about the truth. 

But if they sometimes eat Prasadam they will become free from all sins and will earn some Spiritual sukriti then be able to serve to Krishna and to His Devotees. Other wise no way.

Because of that Devotees distribute Prasadam. not because peoples' stomachs are hungry but mostly because their souls are hungry.

And root cause of all problems is lack of spiritual knowledge and service to Krishna or Krishna Consciousness.  When we water the root all other parts of the tree will flourish here is no doubt.

People get sick just because their consciousness is not proper. They do lots of sins and because of that they are bound to suffer.

But Bhagavad Gita teaches us to stop sinful deeds and to chant the Holy Names. If person does not accept this then will we force him/her to do it??????

We will beg but the decision is always on a person himself.

Your servant, 

• Hare krishna my dear Alka Parikh Bahan,

Hare Krishna, All glories to Srila Prabhupada  and His great 50% unfinished mission," the Diaivya varnasramadharma"!

Your question is very nice. To provide prasadsam is a good but not permanent solution of this problem of masses. Only establishment of DVAD, this problem can be solved beautifully.

By mercy of Srila Prabhupada, we have approached ultimately to establish a ideal village- the most awaited" Virndavan Village, first in India, here in Jaisalmer( Rajasthan). We have been engaged for various research work, practical testing, various grass root work, since last 20 years. Govt of India, also recognized our efforts, but in a different way.GOI, had sanctioned( conceptual notes of this project), first phase cost of project was Rs. 150 million.But we had not sufficient like minded team of skilled devotee. So, GOI has kept this project in suspended stage.

In this project, in each village( we have plan to establish 200 villages in only for Jaisalmer district), there should be 250+ family( in each family, assume 7 member average) of poor, belong to slum are( like Dharavi in Mumbai, where once up on time I had lived 6-7 month, just near slaughter house go down in 1987, before joining ISKCON)) will be shettle as per their real attitude( mostely like a 'sudra'). And then we will provided all their need through our innovative concept of 'Vedic Agriculture'. for this way they will achieve ultimately target of KC.After successful of first working model of first Virndavan village( we have kept target within next 2-3 years) it can be replicable through out state and then whole India.

There is a excellent chances to establish this type of village through out world, specially in Australia( to settle Bangladesh dense population),Africa, where lot of vacant land are available, as Srila Prabhupada desired.Then whole world will see what a tremendous movement of Srila prabhupada! This is the perfect answer of your great question. Thanks for your kind attention, This is the quality of a Vaishnava or real follower of Srila Prabhupada.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Aakash Menon Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Srila Prabhupada also when he first meet His Gurdev he told this question. But his Gurudev told that these things will be there every time. In this material world when we repair some problem some other problem will arise. 

But Krishna Consciousness is beyond these problems and situations. We can practice it peacefully even in the hellish planets. 

this world's duty is to be miserable so that intelligent ones loose their attachment and go back to Godhead. but fools will close their eyes for these difficulties and will try to enjoy it somehow.

peace is never is done here!

Not only India has such like problems. For example USA is the richest country but even they have problems even more.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna mataji and prabhuji's

I am asking the below questions just for understanding the different perspective of KC.

Sometimes when I see poor,needy and especially  helpless people around I wonder how could they even think of chanting this maha mantra and who is there to tell them or preach them about spirituality and Lord Shree Krishna. Laborers and servants etc are always occupied earning morning just for food and shelter, where and how will they get a chance to lift themselves up?

How can a person become Krishna conscious if his/her body/mind is not strong enough.

Are we not suppose to have sound body and mind to progress in spirituality?

When I am sick and weak , I myself chant without full energy and enthusiasm.( I know it's not right but mind doesn't work correctly when sick)

Is ISKCON doing something about preaching to poor and needy people? are they giving exposure of KC to them as well. How can someone help poor/needy/helpless people from KC perspective. Please enlighten me in this context.

Hare krishna

This reply was deleted.