Hare Krishna all,

pamho,

All glories to Srila prabhupada!

Is there anything that we can do to remove poverty,starvation deaths and other material problems in india that are there from many years. How can we progress materially so that we can practise spiritual activities peacefully with concentration.

Your Servant

Aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

sometimes we chant better when we are hungry with tears in eyes :-) 

we get hungry because we create plastics on the place of bread and rice. We use our energy to construct skyscrapers and people live there without any land. They live as if they are in the prison. In order to maintain themselves they have to buy some food from expensive markets near by.

But in order to earn that much money they have to employ to the jobs. And work from morning till midnights. In this way we artificially make ourselves asses. We do not have time to stop and think.

We are so busy. And now are trying to solve the problem.

In order to solve the problem of hunger we have to give attention to land and protection of cows. to our basic needs.

Your servant,    

• Hare Krishna !

PAMHO, AGTSP,

Actually India is not backward materially. Ther is a biggest plan land for agriculture here in only in India! There is a six difference season fully comes in India. There is a one of biggest varieties of flora and fauna found  here. And above all this land richest for talents in world.There are lot of here, so many.... But question is that still why we are seemingly poorness. Because of we had lost our essence of Vedic wisdom to divert into varnasramadharma( crual cast system to spoil to other) in stead of "Daiya Varnasramdharma"! If we try to establish DVAD,  we will be in first position in true materially progress, not plastic, machines, skyscraper..., but real material progress without any pollution, varieties of 'Divine Prasadam' made by pure 'Desi Ghee' and more other, which are still even have not seen so called advance materialy advance country. Thanks to our beloved Srila Prabhupada, who have shown real knowledge to help us to remove our depression position in modern world.

And DVAD can establish through' Make Virndavan Village'. And Virndavan village centered around the cow! So protect cow by all means, we will achieve every thing, truel material progress is a by product of this movement!

• A practical problem from Iskcon perspective needs self evaluation ,open mindedness as well as a heart free from prejudice. This also needs knowledge and resources materially as well as spiritually. The complex issue of poverty ,starvation and material problems are real even though temporary in a spiritual sense. We must recognize the activities of Iskcon in this direction . Also, sincere effort to improve has to be there. True devotion even though  independent of material condition  is not a norm for every one in sadhana stage.We need as much help as we can spiritually as well as materially.Some of the following points are being made with a view  that Iskcon does better in this regard.

(1) We all have a duty towards social ,cultural,material and political etc. problems as long as we have the physical and subtle body. We cannot pretend as if we are siddha purushas. We still are in sadhana stage and that is a process with past history and future consequence.This is an evolutionary process and society goes through that process also.

(2) We cannot say certain things are divine will according to our convenience whereas we do not recognize the same in every activity.The fact is a blade of grass does not blow without His will. We are talking about our free will  which is granted by His will .Let us not misconstrue social injustice or lack of order as divine will. Our failure cannot be blamed on the Supreme will 

(3) We cannot say that others suffer according to laws of Karma because we do not know the ramifications of this in any individual life. We cannot be judgmental . We have to be sensitive to other's suffering .

(4) Science and technology is also a blessing of the Lord only. One can know science of matter only when He wants us to know.The same way material blessing is not a handicap . But one can misuse all these propensities and blame them but the fault lies with one's mind.Use of modern science and technology done properly help rather than hinder in execution of Vedic Dharma.

(5)Love of Krishna connects us with the whole universe and all living beings  and any one's suffering cannot be taken  lightly.

• Hare Krishna

I like what you say. One cannot ignore other's suffering and say it his Divine will.They are his creation too.

• Excellent reply manmath kumar nayak prabhuji.

• Hare Krishna Akash Prabhu,

PAMHO,AGTSP,

Through proper platform of " Daviya varnasramdharma" we can do to remove poverty,starvation deaths and other material problems not only in India but also in whole world!Then we can practice spiritual activities peacefully with concentration.

To establish Daivya Varnasramdharma," Make Virndavan Village" is the only way.You can join this project!

Your servant,

Bhaktavtsal das, Jaisalmer.

• Hare Krishna Prabhu JI,
      PAMHO, AGTSP !
      I am interested to join this project, but am i eligible to join this?
      I'd be obliged, if i get any chance to serve our beloved "Jaagat- Guru" Srila Prabhupada Maharaj and our  Sweet Lord Krishna.

My Contact Details-
      Ph. No. 09772382453 

E-mail ID: kd_abhi@yahoo.com

Your Servent,
      Abhishek Khandelwal, Kota(Rajasthan). 

• Hare Krishna Bhaktavtsal Das Adhikary

I feel it's very true that without the basic necessities of life (like healthy food and proper shelter), it's easy in talks but  seems difficult/impossible to follow KC (especially in kalyug). 

Even poor sudama's wife also at one point was completely harassed with poverty and asked her husband to go to Krishna for material help.

• Hare Krishna to all Vaishnavas,

PAMHO, AGTSP,

We are follower of Srila Prabhupada,who had intensive desired to establish "Daivya Varnasramdharma" to facilitate a proper platform in which people adopt KC in a suitable environment of basic need of "truly"( not plastic,sky scraper building, mega cities, electronics items, modern transport system) of  material requirement( pure food, pollution free place for settle, and other natural basic needs). At present majority of "potential devotees" they have not even basic need of life, particularly young educated unemployed youth who have acquired modern education.As Sril Prabhupada:

Unless in the human society the varnasrama system is introduced, no scheme or social order, health order or any order, political order, will be successful.”

-Srila Prabhupada: Room Conversation, Oct 18,1977, Virndavana.

To establish varnasrama, "Make Virndavan Village" is the only way!

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna Prabhu. This world is full of all kinds of problems and miseries. I would focus my attention firstly on the purification of my body, mind and soul. 

This reply was deleted.