Hare Krishna. My Most humble obeisances to all the Vaishanavas! Gopis loved Krishna very much, infact their love is considered the most pure, then why did Krishna leave them and go to mathura? It is told to leave all attachments and be attached to krishna alone that is the source of happiness, but Gopis were attached to lord krishna alone but still they had to go through the grief of parting i just cant understand why lord krishna will put his most beloved devotees through such turmoil?please someone explain, its been somedays thinking about this makes me so sad.

please pardon if i have asked something wrong.kindly forgive this fallen soul.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Swetha mata ji,

Krishna never left Vrindavan and will never leave also. He comes everyday even today to meet his beloved gopis' in the Nidhi Van.  That dance which they did Rasa dance happens every night.  The dance is never ending. 

Lord who can manifest Himself as many ( more then 10,000 forms) for each gopi. Can He not be present with them as well as at the same time be present with Maharani's of Dawarka? Is it so difficult for Him to be present at two places or more  at the same time?

Well, it is the one type of rasa. These gopi's love the viraha peeda more then being present. You know when we are near to someone we rarely care for them.  If the person is gone. We keep thinking of him or her and keep on remembering more and more. That is what these gopis felt. They felt that.  The momment this thought came, Lord granted that wish. They want to intensify their longing of meeting. That pain has one type of sweetness. Krishna actually blessed these gopis to get the experience of that highest form of love. Where they totally immerse in thinking about Him only all the time.

But Ya when Krishna meets them again on a certain Solar eclipse day in Kurkshetra.

You must read the words Lord spoke to them.

Then the Supreme Lord approached the young cowherd girls in a secluded place. He consoled them by pointing out that He is all-pervasive, being the source of all energies, and thus He implied that they could never be separated from Him. Having been at long last reunited with Kṛṣṇa, the gopīs prayed simply to have His lotus feet manifested in their hearts. ( SB 10.82)

Text 41:
    [Lord Kṛṣṇa said:] My dear girlfriends, do you still remember Me? It was for My relatives’ sake that I stayed away so long, intent on destroying My enemies.
    Text 42:
    Do you perhaps think I’m ungrateful and thus hold Me in contempt? After all, it is the Supreme Lord who brings living beings together and then separates them.
    Text 43:
    Just as the wind brings together masses of clouds, blades of grass, wisps of cotton and particles of dust, only to scatter them all again, so the creator deals with His created beings in the same way.
    Text 44:
    Rendering devotional service to Me qualifies any living being for eternal life. But by your good fortune you have developed a special loving attitude toward Me, by which you have obtained Me.
    Text 45:
    Dear ladies, I am the beginning and end of all created beings and exist both within and without them, just as the elements ether, water, earth, air and fire are the beginning and end of all material objects and exist both within and without them.
    Text 46:
    In this way all created things reside within the basic elements of creation, while the spirit souls pervade the creation, remaining in their own true identity. You should see both of these — the material creation and the self — as manifest within Me, the imperishable Supreme Truth.
    Text 47:
    Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: Having thus been instructed by Kṛṣṇa in spiritual matters, the gopīs were freed of all tinges of false ego because of their incessant meditation upon Him. And with their deepening absorption in Him, they came to understand Him fully.
    Text 48:

The gopīs spoke thus: Dear Lord, whose navel is just like a lotus flower, Your lotus feet are the only shelter for those who have fallen into the deep well of material existence. Your feet are worshiped and meditated upon by great mystic yogīs and highly learned philosophers. We wish that these lotus feet may also be awakened within our hearts, although we are only ordinary persons engaged in household affairs.

Lord doesn't desert His beloved gopis' even today He comes. There is a lot of proof that daily the nupur sounds are heard in nidhivan at night. Anyone who wants to see it and tried to see it got mad also.  All the Tulasi trees that grow in Nidhivan it is said they all turn to gopis at night.

Lord also gave a promise to Radharani that He will take dip in Radha Kund daily.

That is just for making these gopis feel more intense longing and intensify their devotion. Lord gave this seperation feeling but they are never separated. Never will also. 

Hare Krishna

ŚB 10.82.41
    • Thank you mataji for such a wonderful explanation!

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Krsna left the gopis externally and went to Mathura, eventually Dwarka. It is mentioned in Srimad Bhagawatam that He did return to Vrndavan, though not elaborated. 

Regarding the pain the gopis were undergoing, like already explained, viprlamba bhav is supposed to be the highest rasa. When we are grieving in separation, then that grief and memory of the person is all encompassing. For example, if I were in front of you, you would look at me and speak with me. But if I am not in front of you and assuming you are missing me to the extent of vipralamba bhava, then i will be all around you. YOu will think that I am in front of you, behind you, beside you, all encompassing. That is the level Krsna wants us to reach , in love of Him, where we are able to see, think of only Him.

One more point I would like to point out - when we are going through excruciating pain, especially emotional pain, we try our best to recover from it asap. Gopis NEVER recovered from the pain, they voluntarily remained in that pain the rest of their lives. THey were not willing to trade their memories of Krsna for anything in this world or beyond. Thats because they were able to get the rasa of separation.

These are higher matters, to be realised with careful study and sadhana. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Thank you so much mataji for the wonderful explanation! Hare krishna!

• Krsna never left vrindavan, vrindavanam parityajyam padekam na gachhati, krsna was and is always in vrindavan, he was with the gopis and never left them. Gopis had the practice of connecting anything with krsna, when they would see tamal tree they would remember krsna and krsna would appear there, but they would think he has gone to dwarika but actually krsna was and is always in  vrindavan. As far as rasa is concerned "vipralambha rasa" the love in separation is more powerful than rasa in union/meeting krsna. Gopis and krsna enjoy that rasa. you need to read more advanced books to know the tatva. Here, people only copy paste. dont read for higher taste and advancement.

• Sorry prabhuji, i am a beginner in krishna consiousness though i have known iskcon for many years now. kindly forgive me if i have asked anything wrong and thank you so much for responding to the query, ill try to read books as much as possible.Hare krishna.

This reply was deleted.