Why are Western disciples not permitted in Puri ?

Please accept my humble obeisances.All Glories to Srila Prabhupada, Sri Gurudev and Sriman Gauranga.Hare KrishnaI have heard many terrible stories of devotees being rejected from darshan of Lord Jagannatha, Srimati Subhadra, and Sri Balabhadra.What kind of nonsense is this?Why are we not permitted?This brought tears to my eyes. I would like to know why we are not allowed to see the Lord of the Universe?Your servant,Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna David Prabhuji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Not only westerners are not allowed into the Temple but also HH Haridas Thakur who was born in Muslim family but in India was not allowed to enter into it. He was humble and accepted himself as an insignificant living being and did not ask to let him enter into it.

On the contrary he was careful and used to think that i'm so abominable if i come closer to the Temple i may offense by touching pujaris...

And seeing his humility Lord Gauranga was pleased with him. He personally used to bring Lord's Maha Prasadam to Haridas Thakur.

Lord Jaganath Himself used to bring His Mahaprasad to him.!

Yes, it is good to have tears in our eyes but not because they do not allow us to enter but to our sinful deeds which we did in the past by killing cows :'( it is our own fault.

We have to punished in hell for many lives but Lord Jagantha is so merciful that He send us His Devotees like Srila Prabhupada and gave us knowledge.

Your servant,

• Sevak

Very good understanding. Thank you very much.

• srila Hari dasa thakur ki Jay!!!!!!

This reply was deleted.