on internet forums I keep getting this same question over and over. The question is "Prove it". If I try to discuss reincarnation for example I keep getting questions such as prove that the soul is eternal. Prove that reincarnation exists etc etc etc. What is the correct answer to "prove it," Thanks for any suggestions.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances dear Devotees,

Dear Pandora Hinson Mataji, You can prove it by referring them to Bhagavad Gita As It Is. This book is spoken by Krishna and why should believe to ordinary people rather than to Krishna and to His bona fide representatives?

----------

For prove You can say that every 7 years all the cells in the body is fully refreshed with new ones. In this way every 7 years our body is new. But we are the same. In this way it means soul even being in this life changes body from one into another. It does not mean that if man is over 60 it means his wrinkles are made of 60 years old cells. No! 

Cells are new ones as before but the body is old.

Your servant,

• Hare Krishna. Thanks to all for your comments. I appreciate your help.  I have now ordered the book "Life comes from life."

• Tell them there is something which survives all experiences of life and this is proven by the experience of the 3 states of experience waking, dreaming, deep sleep. Tell them that which exists when these 3 experiences are taking place and that which remains when these 3 are no more that is ones real self the soul. Tell them consciousness cannot be proven objectively because its the principal and substratum of all and thus it can only be realized. senses, mind, intellect, ego, all depend upon consciousness thus how can they know consciousness? The primary principal cannot be known by the secondary and if it can then it no longer can be considered the primary. Thus the primary principal can only be realized not known by mind because there can be no one to know it as everything depends on it.

• Hare krishna
    All glories to srila prabhupada
    If they ask to prove it...then u ask them to prove just mix the chemicals and create life.challenge them to prove that life originated from chemicals..then they Wil accept their defeat...
    Read the book called "life comes from life"by srila prabhupada u wil get all the answers...:)

Haribol !
This reply was deleted.