Hare Krishna,

I Just follow 4 principles of Iskcon No meat eating,No intoxication etc....Now the problem is in our caste we hardly find veggies n to add to my discomfort my father is against Iskcon people n he never allows to go Iskcon.But our family is pure vegeterian.

I dont chant in front of him n i hardly chant 1 or 2 rounds daily and follow ekadashi atleast once in a month.Now parents are searching a bride for me infact meeting 2 of them tomorrow.I am longing to have a partner who would help me improve in my Krishna consciousness than rather pull me down bcz im a very weak person in mind(get agitated very easily).

So what to ask to girls during meeting and how to ascertain which would be better for Bhakti. N to add one more thing I want a beautiful girl also i know its nectar in beginning but poison at end.

So i m requesting you all devotees(especially Grahastas to give this fallen soul a piece of advice) to help me out so that i can balance both or else if i just run for beauty i dont want to hamper my KC in the long run.

Waiting for ur Replies.............

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    Best person to get an education on women is from Tulasi Devi.

Practically how do you attract a beautiful woman with qualities that help you progress, instead of hinder you in Krishna Consciousness?

1. Traditionally worshiping Goddess Uma (Parvati) and asking Her to help you.
    2. (Best way) Perform Nagar Sankirtana, (everyday if possible), Goddess Uma, Lakshmi and Saraswathi are pleased and will grant you a wife that will help you advance in Krishna Consciousness (even if she is not KC herself, eg. wife of Tukaram)

#2 is addressed in the 2rd line of 1st Instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu (part many devotees overlook)

ceto-darpaṇa-mārjanaḿ bhava-mahā-dāvāgni-nirvāpaṇaḿ
    śreyaḥ-kairava-candrikā-vitaraṇaḿ vidyā-vadhū-jīvanam
    ānandāmbudhi-vardhanaḿ prati-padaḿ pūrṇāmṛtāsvādanaḿ
    sarvātma-snapanaḿ paraḿ vijayate śrī-kṛṣṇa-sańkīrtanam

3rd option would be to just follow a sankirtan group (everyday if Possible), because those that "sing" as well as "hear" The Nama Sankirtana, both benefit immensely.
  • Volunteer
    :-(
    • i dint get why was that sad smiley.I ll try to improve in my habits n thinking but will take time.haribol

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

His divine grace, A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, has given several explanations on the required character and duties of ideal householders, both for men and women, in the Srimad Bhagavatam.

From the Srimad Bhagavatam, 4th Canto:

"Similarly, a welcome offered by unmarried girls who are internally and externally clean and are dressed

in nice garments and ornaments is also auspicious. Kumari, or unmarried girls untouched by the hand of any member of the opposite sex, are auspicious members of society. Even today in Hindu society the most conservative families do not allow unmarried girls to go out freely or mix with boys. They are very carefully protected by their parents while

unmarried, after marriage they are protected by their young husbands, and when elderly they are protected by their children. When thus protected, women as a class remain an always auspicious source of energy to man."

"The words bhartur vrata-dharma-nisthaya indicate that a woman's duty, or religious principle, is to serve her husband in all conditions. In Vedic civilization a man is taught from the beginning of his life to become a brahmacari, then an ideal grhastha, then vanaprastha, then sannyasi, and the wife is taught just to follow the husband strictly in

all conditions of life. After the period of brahmacarya, a man accepts a householder's life, and the woman is also taught by her parents to be a chaste wife. Thus when a girl and boy are united, both are trained for a

life dedicated to a higher purpose. The boy is trained to execute his duty in accordance with the higher purpose of life, and the girl is trained to follow him. The chaste wife's duty is to keep her husband pleased in householder life in all respects, and when the husband retires from family life, she is to go to the forest and adopt the life of

vanaprastha, or vana-vasi. At that time the wife is to follow her husband and take care of him, just as she took care of him in householder life. But when the husband takes the renounced order of life, namely sannyasa,

the wife is to return home and become a saintly woman, setting an example for her children and daughters-in-law and showing them how to live a life of austerity."

"Manu-samhita recommends that to keep a wife satisfied a husband should give her some ornaments because women are generally fond of home, ornaments, dresses, children, etc. In this way the woman is the center of
    all material enjoyment."

"Marriage means taking complete charge of a woman and living peacefully without debauchery".

"If a husband situated in the mode of goodness can control his wife, who is in passion and ignorance,
    the woman is benefited. Forgetting her natural inclination for passion and ignorance, the woman becomes obedient and faithful to her husband, who is situated in goodness. Such a life becomes very welcome. The intelligence of the man and woman may then work very nicely together, and they can make a progressive march toward spiritual realization."

Hari Bol,

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna devotee,   you please pray to Radha and Krsna to help you with these questions.

Because you desire a wife who will benefit you in KC that is very good.

You are dependant on how much devotion you have got for Krsna.

From Him comes knowledge and all abilities.

Thinking of Him question them and make your choise.        Hare Krsna

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Sometimes i get upset when people hope that his/her partner will pull him/her in Spiritual Path at the same time not following proper Sadhana put by Srila Prabhupada:

4 regulative principles;

minimum 16 rounds;

attend Mangala Arati;

Visit regularly Temple;

for grihasthas: to invite Devotees, have Krishna katha, Kirtan, distribute Prasadam;

Preach;

give charities for the Devotees who are in other Ashrams.

First we have to see our own situation and choose a partner who is nearly equal to us. If one wants beauty to measure his/her own beauty with her/his, the same thing with other things.

Otherwise, we will destroy the Spiritual life of our partner. It seems like sitting in one's shoulder.  I have wife/husband and he/she will chant and take me also to the Spiritual world. IN THIS WAY EVERYONE HAS TO WORK HARD ON THEMSELVES. On the contrary we have to have desire to help our partner not waiting for help for ourselves. This is love.

And it says that for good Grihastha life husband should be greater than his wife in almost everything.

• Thanku for ur suggestions.Im happy to read ur comments n i will keep these things in mind.

Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.