Replies

• While he was alive he was the initiating guru. Some senior devotees could do the ceremony on his behalf.  But he is not longer with us.  Easiest way to explain it will sound flippant, but I mean no disrespect... If you want to take initiation from Srila Prabhupada - write him a letter - see if he replies. 

He is not longer physically present and can no longer initiate.  Think of it this way, Prabhupada always said he was not qualified, but his guru was. So why don't we get initiated for Bhaktisiddhanta?  Matter of fact, if we can guru jump, why not skip all the middle men and get initiated for Caitanya?  Because that is not how the disciplic succession works.  You have to get initiated by a guru, take shelter and instruction from an exalted person.  

There is no denying that Srila Prabhupada was specially empowered by Krishna and accomplished miraculous things... but he is no longer physically present and can no longer initiate any of us.

Through his books and videos he can, and should, be your siksa guru, but he can no longer be your diksa guru.  I would love to be a Prabhupada disciple, but I was too young at the time as well.

• So why don't we get initiated for Bhaktisiddhanta?

👉 He gave me the answer to this question that Prabhupada started the ISKCON organization so we take initiation from him. If Bhaktisiddhanta had started ISKCON, we would have taken initiation from him

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

By that logic Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur started Gaudiya Math. Do devotees in gaudiya math take direct initiation from Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur ?

Initiation process has nothing to do with the organization. Organization is just a structure which facilitates propagation of Krsna Conciousness. Whether there is Iskcon tomorrow or not the disciplic succession will continue. Lord Chaitanya had no organization when he wa spreaching, he still initiated.

To say that Srila Prabhupada started a new organization to give rivik initiation exclusively would mean Srila prabhupada is deviating from parampara. Anyone who knows anything about Srila Praphupada would know that Srila Prabhupada would not deviate even to slightest extent from guru parampara. Srila Prabhupada has given so many explanations (from scriptures) even when there are minor deviations in Iskcon (like Temples not as per vastu etc). Considering that, if Srila Prahupada wanted deviant process of Ritvik system to be followed, he would have spent hours and books on explaining this one principle. He hasn't, in fact he has spent hours and hours on what are duties of disiple and who is qualified to be a guru.

Doubts are like deomns that haunt us. Please pray to Krsna, to guide you in the right direction.

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.