Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I think what Zola Preetam prabhuji meant was that whats the point in speculating what we will do if we become millionaire or president? Instead we should concentrate on doing our prescribed duty and/or read/ chant the glories of the lord. By doing this kind of speculation, are we not spending our energy in a wasteful manner - where will this get us? Instead, let us employ our energy in doing something constructive.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Volunteer

i am sure, Prabhu pasted this question so that by the answers of many Devotees people who really have money will get some ideas of using their money properly.

Or those who have control over masses will have some ideas of using their power.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna, I offer my respectful obeisances unto you.

Exactly, i am agree with Bhaktin Maral, that was the reason, another reason was i wanted to know everybody's opinion about what they have to say on this. so i could have some ideas.

Hare Krishna.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Volunteer

and yes, duty of a soul is to always chant the Holy Names and do devotional service, isn't it Prabhu?!

Srila Prabhupada told that some Devotees who did not perfected their lives will take birth in heavenly planets and then again take birth on Earth in some nice Devotee family OR IN A RICH FAMILY. So that having enough money for whole life he or she won't have to work hard for money but dedicate his or her life for serving to the Lord.

So if one has money no need for performing some jobs and try to earn more. It is simple a waste of time.

We do job to earn for our basic needs. But if one has money so no need to loose time.

While doing devotional service also we can act according to our nature:

Brahmana Devotees will serve Krishna by studying and preaching or Deity worship...

Kshatriyas by managing Temples...

Vaishnyas by taking care of cows....

• Volunteer

I would invest it in some business and whole life be engaged in Harinam Sankirtan.

And extra money use in preaching supporting preachers, Kirtaniers...

• If I were a billionaire devotee,,,I would have done my bit o spread Krishna Consciousness by donating more than 50% of my money for service of the devotees and the Lord...

• If I was capable of being detached to money and if I really could spend all the billion without falling into maya then Krishna would already give me the billion. Whatever talent or opulence we have today has been carefully given to us as just right amount that we deserve as well as we can handle.
  • Hare Krishna Pr,

Bg 3.21 — Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.

Bg 3.25 — As the ignorant perform their duties with attachment to results, the learned may similarly act, but without attachment, for the sake of leading people on the right path.

Bg 3.26 — So as not to disrupt the minds of ignorant men attached to the fruitive results of prescribed duties, a learned person should not induce them to stop work. Rather, by working in the spirit of devotion, he should engage them in all sorts of activities [for the gradual development of Kṛṣṇa consciousness]

Bg 3.19 — Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme

Krishna: Work offered to Visnu for His satisfaction is yajna, which causes no bondage. It is the fruitive desires that cause bondage, Arjuna.  So work without desire.  Such work is called niskam karma.

Arjuna:  Are there any examples of persons who acted in this way?

Krishna:  Yes, kings such as Janaka attained perfection solely by performance of prescribed duties.

Krishna:  Build temples, Arjuna, make gardens, clean My temple, hear and chant, pick flowers, or perform puja.  All these services are directly related with devotion.  By performing these activities for My sake your mind will become attached to My form and glories.  Even if you cannot remember Me while working, you will still attain prema.  However, if you think you are a famous aristocrat, and you cannot perform menial service for Me, then you can perform yoga and renounce the fruits of whatever activities you perform and give them to Me.  Still, if you cannot do this, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge.  Better than knowledge, however, is meditation and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action because that will bring peace of mind.

Source -- http://vedabase.com/en/bg/3

http://nitaaiveda.com/Shrimad_Bhagavad_Gita/Gita_Summary/Gita_12_Bh...

• Distribute Krishna prasadam to hungry people.
    • Give it all to my Temple to help fund all of the different things going on at my Temple.

This reply was deleted.