Urgent help on animal euthanasia

PAMHO
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Dear friends, I would like to give me some advice for this situation, which represents a rather serious problem for me.

I have a 3 year old kitty named Cherel, and someone poisoned him with antifreeze for cars.
We took him almost comatose to the vet, and told us to give him a strong alcoholic drink diluted with water to counteract the poison, but if relieved still will be badly damaged and live with renal failure and a lot of pain and very little time to live .
The vet had recommended to put him to sleep, but before making the decision, can someone give me some advice?
Please have very little time to decide, my kitten is almost comatose and antifreeze is destroying his stomach and liver
Help!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you very much for all your prayers!!!!

Cherel and is eating again as if there was no tomorrow and is very healthy and happy. Thank you for your prayers!

• He's very good now!!! Krishna saved him!
    • Jai Jai Jai Krishna, happy day!
    • Hare Krishna Mario

That is such wonderful news!!!! Lord Krishna is so kind. Your tabby cat is so beautiful. I too have a tabby cat that looks just like yours!!!! Thank you Lord Krishna for saving Mario's wonderful cat.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mario Prabhu,

PAMHO.

Thats very good news. Congratulations. Good that you heard the advices given here on this matter.

Haribol to you and your cat,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• So sorry to hear about your  cat. Do not have your cat killed. Allow death to occur naturally. Play Srila Prabhupada's Chanting Japa CD constantly for the cat until he leaves his body.

• Namaste

I have no answer other than I feel so sad for your little kitten and pray you find a way to ease your heart.

I do not blame the kitten, we live in a world that has no respect for the life all around us. It is very common, with all the cars jamming our roads, that so many innocent animals die by licking the antifreeze that is leaking from parked cars, since it smells and tastes like sweet water to these innocent and thirsty animals who also have souls. Why society cannot use common sense and product an antifreeze that has a smell that would repell away the temptation of the innocent animals I have no idea, but how difficult would that be to do? Not at all. But so many are stupid and heartless. I pray your kitten find a way to the Lord.

I pray for all the innocent animals! May Krishna give you a blessing to find an answer.

Your friend in devotion, Jai Sri Krsna
  • From what I understand, every living entity has a quota of pain to undergo in that body. Your cat has certain amount of Karma to suffer in that body, you should let that karma run out naturally and not put the cat to sleep. you may try to comfort the cat in other ways and play prabhupada chanting Hare Krishna near him.

This reply was deleted.