The Story of Srimati Tulasi-devi

Hare Krishna,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Can someone please confirm the scriptural source of the story below as well as the author of translation...

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/page/the-story-of-srimati

Please also help with my doubt. The text (Ch 2) suggests that one may fall down to material world even from Goloka. But Bhagwad Gita denies so.

thanks

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bg 8.21

avyakto ’kṣara ity uktas
    tam āhuḥ paramāṁ gatim
    yaṁ prāpya na nivartante
    tad dhāma paramaṁ mama

Translation:
    That which the Vedāntists describe as unmanifest and infallible, that which is known as the supreme destination, that place from which, having attained it, one never returns – that is My supreme abode.

SB 2.4.14

The Lord's sva-dhāma does not require any sunlight or moonlight or electricity for illumination. That dhāma, or place, is supreme, and whoever goes there never comes back to this material world.

SB 3.32.21
    “Anyone who attains My abode never comes back to this conditioned life of material existence.”

SB 4.11.5
    Therefore, actual mukti, or liberation, can be attained only by devotional service, because by devotional service one can go above Brahmaloka, or to the spiritual world, wherefrom he never comes back.

SB 7.15.61
    That supreme abode is called unmanifested and infallible, and it is the supreme destination. When one goes there, he never comes back. That is My supreme abode.”

Teachings of Lord Kapila, TLK Vs 2 : PURPORT :
    “There is another nature, which is eternal and is transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is annihilated, that part remains as it is. That supreme abode is called unmanifested and infallible, and it is the supreme destination. When one goes there, he never comes back. That is My supreme abode.”

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Saurabh,  I hope all is well for you and you are happily doing your bhajan.

The story of Tulasi being cursed is from Garga Samhita and her activities on the earth are also described in Padma purana.

There are several English versions of this lila and I am told they are missing a lot of the story. 

When eternal associates of the Lord come here it is for the Lords pastimes and they are never to be  considered as an ordinary conditioned soul.

As for going back home back to Godhead we should understand that can mean Krishna's and His eternal associates home and not like the material home of the eternally conditioned.

So going back then means going back with Gurudev and Krishna to their home and not that I have ever been there.

Of course if you are an eternal associate of the Lord like Tulasi devi then you will be going back.

Hare Krishna

• Hare Krishna Jagadatma pr, your reply has completely satisfied my query! Yes, I remember about nitya-siddhas and nitya-baddhas. thank you again.

• Hare Krishna! please answer my queries...

• hare krsna !
    you may have heard many times the phrase " BACK to godhead " ..if u consider the word 'back ' here it tell's that we already belong to spiritual world ;we have come for a purpose to this material world & that we must return ' BACK ' to our spiritual home which is either vaikuntha or goloka .
    now this material world is compared to prison .we are the prisoners(criminals) who have come here due to transgressing gods laws .
    now u may see sometimes that ministers, president & so on come to visit the prison .but that doesn't mean they are also done crime .they come out of their compassion towards the prisoners .
    similarly tulasi devi , ganga ,Yamuna ,saligram ,the holy dham ,appear to this world to deliver the miserable souls .
    now prison is meant for rectification .so when we realise our mistakes & surrender to krsna we are released out . but if u want to comit the same mistake again after going to goloka then u need to be sent back here for purification . but i guarantee that after all the sufferings u have experienced here , u will not do the same mistake again.thus u will not come back to the material world again after going back to godhead .
    ----tulasi devi come here to purify us ..if tulasi devi is pleased then she can award one enterance into the pastimes of radha & krsna which is very difficult to obtain ----
    ++++& note that her curse is also the Will of the lord just like in the case of parikshit & arjuna .
    so rest assured that we won't come back here that is krsna's promise++++++
    but his associates & he himself have to come here again & again .
    thankyou
    hare krsna !
    tulasi devi ki jay !
    sri radha krsnachandra ki jay !
    • Dear Praveen pr, my question is still unanswered... Can someone please confirm the scriptural source as well as the author of translation...

"whoever goes there never comes back to this material world" is confirmed by Prabhupada many times

This reply was deleted.