The only purpose of mind

Hare Krsna

PAMHO

The only purpose of mind is to chant the holy names, so it is always under one's control.

The intelligence will do the rest from the instructions of paramatma and the vedic scriptures ,spiritually and from the right guidance,materially.

The ego becomes true ego when one engages in service of Krsna ,Guru,Gauranga ,Vaishnavas so that one knows their position as a servant of the servant of Lord.

True emotions come from the soul and spiritualised consciousness, that of love ,compassion, empathy, thus one has to neglect the idea of one is a body or one is a mind.

This is my basic reflection from lectures I have heard. I'm not sure if I'm completely right.Please may I know if there is any faulty learning.

Hari Hari 

Your servant 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

I think your understand is almost perfect. However what has been written by you conveys a very slightly different meaning. 

The only purpose of mind is should be to chant the holy names, so it is always under one's control.

Technically purpose of anything is decided by the proprietor. So purpose of anyone's mind can be decided (knowingly / unknowingly) by the individual. 

Krsna says that mind has dual purpose - To degrade or to elevate the individual. 

uddhared ātmanātmānaṁ
    nātmānam avasādayet
    ātmaiva hy ātmano bandhur
    ātmaiva ripur ātmanaḥ

One must deliver himself with the help of his mind, and not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well. (BG 6.5)

The above is also confirmed in SB. 

So the highest purpose of the mind is to absorb in Krsna consciousness. And as sadhakas we strive towards it by absorbing the mind in Krsna's holy names, pastimes, qualities, form, service etc. 

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krsna Prabhu 

PAMHO 

Thank you so much for your guidance 🙏🏻

Your servant

• Hare Krishna,

Let me explain you in depth. I was in a hurry last time I didn't have time to explain.

You carefully observe this picture.

Arjuna's Chariot

The 5 horses-- senses organs.

the horse running in each direction -- towards the sense objects.

The reigns - are the MIND

MIND fucntion is to COLLECT information gathered by the sense organs. Thats all. It he no other work. 

MIND is lacking judgemental capacity

MIND the reigns are under the control of INTELLECT 
      Intellect has judgemental capacity. It will decide on what is right what is wrong.  Intellect analyses all the information collected by the mind and decides which is good which is bad.

If the intellect is not in KC then the judgement is always leaning towards wrong. The person will opt to watching movies instead of watching Krishna aarti.

This is how intellect acts on the mind. Mind reports everything to the intellect.

In this figure, The mind ( regins)  is capitivated and controlled by intellect that is KRISHNA 

when the mind is fixed on Krishna then Intellect is totally functioning as per Krishna's direction.

See, you gave your remote contorl of your mind in the hands of divine. Then Krishna will take charge of it. 
      If you are not in KC then ur mind will report to buddhi or intellect which is not under the contol of krishna and this makes the mind go as per the directions of the senses, running towards sensory objects.

If the person wants to see movies, intellect will tell yes good go and watch movies to the mind and mind will run after TV or films. 

If the same intellect ( is under Krishna's control) Lord will provide necessary judgemental capacity to operate on the mind and take the horses in right direction.. that is " go to the temple, attend aarti instead".

Okay? 

This is how Arjuna Submitted his mind to Krishna and Krishna took charge on the reigns and that is how the soul gets delivered to the destination.

Mind should be under NOT ONEs' Control. MIND should be given to Krishna.

One's control means I guessed you ment Self? But it is not even self.

You have to surrender your mind to Krishna. 

Rest all you are correct. 

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krsna Mataji 

PAMHO 

Thank you so much for the guidance 🙏🏻😊

Your servant

This reply was deleted.