Suicide

I have understood from gita & from various iskcon videos, that after suicide, a soul will wander on earth as ghost...but i have also read books from medium/psychics that talk to spirits , & they say its not mandatory as some souls are healed in different & better world than earth. this creates doubt in my mind that whether teachings from gita. is being interpreted wrongly.

Please clarify.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• its a gift given by god to some people & sometimes it can be attained through meditation.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

but i have also read books from medium/psychics that talk to spirits , & they say its not mandatory as some souls are healed in different & better world than earth.

And so do they recommend Suicide for such healing etc ? If Yes, please do not read such books from medium/psychics. 

Human form of life is extremely precious. There are 8,400,000 specias of material forms. Human form of life is one of the topmost. Suicidal thoughts are a characteristics of deep modes of ignorance. Please readh Srimad Bhagavatam and associate with devotees. And chant Hare Krsna.

Those who commit suicide are extremely disturbed individuals, they harbour extreme thoughts, such thoughts continue in their ghostly bodies and they suffer with those desires/ conditioning wandering and unable to fulfill the desires. It is something like being thirsty but you cant drink any water.. forever !. It is miserable state of existence.

Hare Krsna

• No, they dont recommend it, but break the stereotypes which we all have in our mind about suicide...i know human life is precious n in those books also tell same.Point is why such thibg is not told in gita why just about ghost after suicide n not other possibilities ???

• Breaking Stereotypes itself means that to discourage one idea and encourage and "reduce doubt" for the other Idea and it's not necessary that Stereoypes are always wrong

• Why would the GIta go into detail about ghosts?  The Gita is about how to live and surrender to Krishna. That is our goal while in human form. Ghosts are not my problem, or my concern. It is wasteful speculation. 

• Also, havent heard of anything like goloka, vaikuntha in these books but various levels..so i was confused, whether these are same thing?

• Hare Krishna,

Those people who die in some accident and have unfulfilled desires and whole last wish was to meet their relatives or have some unfinished task or those who died with some grude and hatred for someone they cannot leave the earth and are always wanting to finish their karma and meet their relatives and finish and take revenge with their enemies these types of souls wander on earth as ghosts.

Those who have died naturally and have some last desires  ( for example a man died of old age but he always had this wish that he should become rich and live lavishly but he couldn't finish this wish in this life time) those souls go to hell ( to suffer for bad deeds) and Heave for ( enjoying some good karma which they did in that life time) and then come back to take birth again to fulfil that wish of living lavishly richly. Before taking birth they wait in Pitru loka to get a suitable body.

Those people who have died naturally due to old age and have been offered by their Putra ( son's) the pinda and shaardha karma done properly following rituals will ascend to Pitru loka and stay there until their get sufficient credits to ascend upwards. For suppose their children or their Pautra ( grand children) on earth have performed some very very pious karma like doing Srimad Bhagwatam parayanam ( saptah) 7 days ritualistically and offered the benefits/fruits in the name of the deceased ( dead grand parent) than those who are in Pitru loka bless their children and grand children for doing such punya karma in their name and they get to ascend upwards to higher lokas.

Those deceased people who have loved ones who died ( for suppose a man died today in the memory of his grand mother) he was so much attached to his grand parents that he couldn't bear their sepration and died in sadness those people reach the pitru loka to serve the grand parents. from there they wait for their next generation to perform good deeds and if in case the good deeds are transfered in their name they can get the chance to ascend upwards in their journey. 

Not all become ghost and wander on the planet earth. there is a loka called Pitru loka which is close to earth only but its another planet. where there these souls take rest after going to hell and heaven and wait in pitru loka to get another body or.. ascend upwards to another loka

Hope its clear.

If not pls. ask 

Hare Krishna.

Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; those who worship ancestors go to the ancestors; and those who worship Me will live with Me. ( BG chp 9 text 25).

purport-

Similarly, a pure devotee, who worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead only, achieves the planets of Vaikuntha and Krsnaloka without a doubt. It is very easy to understand through this important verse that if by simply worshiping the demigods one can achieve the heavenly planets, or by worshiping the pita achieve the pita planets.

• trying to relate now.Will DM you.

• Devotees dont become ghosts

• Follow Srila Prabhupada's teachings. He bases everything on shastra.  He does not give opinion, he quotes other authorities.

99.99% of mysitcs and psychics are bogus.  I will always take the vedas over psychics with no hesitation. 

This reply was deleted.