suggest me devotional activities

i am very begginer

i want Krishna prem, bhakti and i have read that senses are connected with mind and they create ignorance from intelligence and do for sense gratification so I am now chanting and reading srila Prabhupada books and I stopped social media I only use yt for lectures and i do Tulasi seva 

but kindly dear devotees i am very stupid i don't know anything so please tell me some things which i should be prepared like i read that Maya is 24 hour trying to capture you and three natural nature goodness,passion and ignorance attack you if you do not do what is right by Dharm so i want to stop sense gratification i want to serv Krishna also

I am beginner so all senior devotees you must have experienced MAYA when she attacked you and tried to stop your devotional service like right now i am struggling with false ego and anger but i am trying to conquer it cz without controlling it I can get Krishna bhakti also tell me if I am controlling and stopping my sense in forcefully is it good cz in mind i am only thinking that this is the thing which will keep me away from bhakti and goodness, passions and ignorance will never leave me!

so kindly guide me i am very stupid and low value I am very grateful that I can ask here my question 

I moved to my hometown and here Iskcon temple is not available yet so sadhu sang is only possible online !! 

Thank you !!

Hare Krishna 

Anant Koti Vaishnavo ki Jay

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

It's wonderful to hear about your sincere desire for Krishna prema (love for Lord Krishna) and bhakti (devotional service). As a beginner, it's natural to have questions and face challenges on the spiritual path.

1. Overcoming Maya (Illusory Energy):

Maya, the illusory energy, constantly tries to distract us from our devotional service. To counter her influence, it's essential to engage in regular spiritual practices. Chanting the Hare Krishna mantra with devotion and reading Srila Prabhupada's books are excellent steps you've already taken. These practices help purify the mind and strengthen our connection with Krishna. Additionally, associating with devotees online, like through YouTube lectures, can provide valuable guidance and support.

2. Conquering the Modes of Nature:

The material energy operates through three modes of nature: goodness, passion, and ignorance. To rise above their influence, it's important to follow the principles of dharma (righteousness) and engage in devotional activities. By practicing Krishna consciousness, you gradually transcend the lower modes and attain the mode of goodness, which is conducive to spiritual progress. Regularly offering Tulasi seva is a beautiful service that helps purify the heart and cultivate devotion.

3. Dealing with False Ego and Anger:

Controlling false ego and anger is a common struggle on the spiritual path. It's important to understand that forcefully suppressing these emotions may not be the most effective approach. Instead, focus on transforming them through spiritual practices. By cultivating humility, practicing forgiveness, and offering our actions to Krishna, we can gradually overcome false ego and anger. Remember, Krishna is the supreme controller, and with sincere surrender, He will help you overcome these obstacles.

Analogies and stories can further illustrate these points:

- The story of Dhruva Maharaja teaches us the power of determination and devotion. Despite facing many obstacles, Dhruva persevered in his devotional service and ultimately attained the highest spiritual perfection.

- Just as a lotus flower grows in muddy water but remains untouched by it, we can engage in the material world while keeping our consciousness focused on Krishna. By practicing devotional service, our hearts become untouched by the modes of nature.

- Imagine a boat sailing against a strong current. Similarly, in our spiritual journey, Maya may try to pull us back, but with the help of the holy name, devotees' association, and sincere efforts, we can steadily progress towards Krishna.

Remember, progress on the spiritual path is gradual, and everyone has their own unique journey. Be patient, seek guidance from senior devotees, and continue your sincere efforts. Krishna appreciates every step you take towards Him.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji you beautifully explained

while controlling mode of nature for example if someone's anger comes at me so instead of forcefully stopping it if I thought like this "This anger will stop me from getting Krishna prem " is it OK?

Cuz I think like this right now

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

It is commendable that you are trying to control the mode of anger and redirect it towards developing love for Lord Krishna. In the Bhagavad Gita (16.21), Lord Krishna explains that anger is one of the three gates leading to hell, as it can cloud our judgment and lead to harmful actions. Therefore, it is beneficial to try to control and redirect anger in a positive way.

Thinking that anger will hinder your progress in attaining Krishna prema (love for Krishna) is a good approach. By recognizing that anger is an obstacle to our spiritual growth, we can strive to overcome it and cultivate qualities such as patience, forgiveness, and tolerance, which are favorable for developing a loving relationship with Krishna.

However, it is important to remember that Krishna consciousness is a holistic process that involves purifying our consciousness and cultivating a loving attitude in all aspects of our life, not just during moments of anger. It is recommended to engage in devotional practices such as chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, studying scripture, associating with devotees, and offering service to Krishna. These practices will help us develop a deeper connection with Krishna and gradually overcome negative emotions like anger.

Hare Krishna!

• Dhanywad prabhuji i will follow it 

Hare Krishna!

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Very happy to note your interest in growing in devotion. There is something we call the ABCDE of devotion. Please see how much is workable for you.

A - Association of devotees. You can associate online if there is no temple in your locality. Please join some online chanting and preaching program. It will be good to be in virtual touch with whichever group you join.

B - books. Please read Bhagawad Gita As It Is by Srila Prabhupada everyday. If possible, entire family can read together. If not, atleast you make it a point to read Gita and all other books of Srila Prabhupada. Access vedabase.com.

C - chanting. Please chant as many rounds of Hare Krsna Mahamantra as possible. If you have not started to chant, then start with 4 rounds everyday. The day you dont eat and the day you dont sleep is the day you dont chant. In my experience, no day happens when dont do both. 

D - diet. Please eat only food offered to Krsna. Automatically it will become veg food without onion and garlic. 

E  - ekadasi. Please observe ekadasi fast as much as possible.

I do not know your age and situation in life. Whether you are student or workin, whether family support is there or not. Please do what is workable. At all times, please be respectful to family elders.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mataji I can't do Ekadashi right now but I am reading books and following 4 rules i listen to Srila Prabhupada's voice lecture can you suggest some lectures to which I should listen?

HARIBOL

• Develop faith in Krsna by reading, hearing and chanting..

• Offer food to krishna then eat it, as it becomes spiritual when krishna accepts it. And you in turn become sinless. No karma, it also tastes good )

https://vedabase.io/en/library/bg/9/26/?query=offers+with+love#bb2431

Translation

If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.

Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer or give away, and whatever austerities you perform – do that, O son of Kuntī, as an offering to Me.

In this way you will be freed from bondage to work and its auspicious and inauspicious results. With your mind fixed on Me in this principle of renunciation, you will be liberated and come to Me.

Bg. 9.26
    • can i offer food in mind ? or i should do that before deities? 

• depends sometimes i officially offer food to picture diety on a special plate. Sometimes i offer in mind.

This reply was deleted.