Sleep, Fear

I request any one who has the answer or any help pleasae please help me please 

SLEEP

Okay so i have been chanting since 6 months, and came up to 16 rounds, not yet initiated. However since last 1 month, i have disturbed sleep, i wake up in the middle of the night, however i fall asleep in again 1-2 minutes. I can't get up early in the morning beacuse of disturbed sleep because of which i have fallen to 4 rounds. I get up at 7:30 somehow and then after a bath I chant 4 rounds and the work for my new job since i just completed my engineering. I try to eat light at nights, dont use phone or any digital screen 1-1.5 hours before sleep, sleep by 10-10:30 read Krsna Book before sleeping and chant the narsimha mantra (Ugram viram ) for good sleep and protection still i dont get good rest and i wake up groggy and sleepy and tired. I also exercise for 15-20 minutes, everday still i dont know what is lacking. I have fruits dryfruits in my diet for good digestion and health and immunity and i dont eat junk still my sleep is like that. Please help \

I dont spend my time uselessly watching movies or serials or anything , either i work for my job or i read, hear , chant about Krishna and his devtoees still i dont know what is happening, i have changed my lifestyle still i dont what is lacking Please help this miserable soul

FEAR

Since last one month, i have developed fear of ghosts or darkness, for this i spoke to one of the brahmacharis at ISKCON CHOWPATTY, who advised me to chant the holy name and the narsimha kavach mantra before sleeping and to read KRSNA BOOK. However its been a month or 2 since i have fear of darkness, i still sleep with my father or mother i dont know why is this happening, and also because i wake up in the middle of the night at 2/3 am i usually feel afraid of darkness and evil spirit. I read Srimad Bhagvatam everyday for 30 minutes, hear Srila Prabhupada and Radhanath Maharaj lectures for 30mins - 1 hour everyday, chant 4 rounds(because i cant get sleep cant chant 16 because of factors mentioned above)

I pray to the lord everyday that krishna please help me please. i am in a distressed condition, pray to prabhupada and radhanath maharaj and lord narshimadev for protection still i get disturbed sleep and fear darkness and ghosts

PLEASE I BEG FOR YOUR HELP PLEASE

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

In addition to what has already been suggested, my suggestions are:

- do more physcail exercise/ work. Ensure that you are physically exhausted by the time you hit the bed. Tired man has no fear of ghosts. Body will automatically go to sleep.

- Keep Bhagavad Gita near or under your pilllow while sleeping.

- Keep light on while sleeping for few nights. If there is a night light in the room, better. 

- Try to sleep earlier - by 9.30 pm. Automatically you will wake up at 4.

- If you are still waking up at say 3 am, dont go back to sleep. Get up and start chanting (ok even if you have not taken bath). One day you do this and see, automatically your mind wil tell you - go to sleep. What is happening is mind is playing tricks on you. You have to tame the mind. All satvik ways have been suiggested so far. I am teaching you to beat the mind with slippers and make it listen to you. Once you are done iwth your rounds, go to sleep in the morning so that your body is rested.

- if possble, join a chanting group and chant together. We have group chanting 6-7 am. If it helps, I will give you link. Write to me on my inbox.

- Understand that this is just a passing phase, this too shall pass. Do not get too much disturbed with this temporary phenomenon. Keep your focus on Krsna. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• thank you so much for your help

actually you are right, chanting in group makes a difference, now i chant with the iskon chowpatty brahmacharis who kindly shared the link with me and i started waking up at 5:30 am and 

chant from 6:15-7:30

slowly in 2 weeks i will reach 16 rounds by krsnas grace 

thank you for your help, i ll try to go to bed by 9:30 and exhaust myself enough during the day

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

These are simple steps that help me a lot

1. Play Hare Krsna kirtan/ Japa throughout night at low volume

2. Keep residence clean. Mop the floor as frequently as possible, add few drops of cow urine in the water used for mopping. Do not let unwashed clothes pile up. 

3. Minimize exposure of eyes to screen (mobile, TV, laptop, tablet etc) as much as possible, especially at night.

4. Avoid putting head in northern direction when u sleep

5. Read Krsna book/ Srimad Bhagavatam vocally at night. 

Hare Krsna

• thank you so much for your humble help,

i will read krishna book at night and play hare krishna japa at low volume

rest of things you mentioned i follow 

• Hare Krsna Prabhuji

Please accept my humble obeisances 

The first chapter of The book SPIRITUAL WARRIOR 1 by Bhakti Tirtha Swami emphasises on Sleep and Dreams and how to have sound and spiritual conciousness while sleeping.Kindly take time to read the first chapter.

Link for the pdf of the book :https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2540123941?prof...

Your servant 

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2540123941?profile=original
    • thank you so so much for this pdf , i completed it in 2-3 days 

i got most of the answers regarding why when we become spiritual we attract such beings based on how raised our consciousness is 

thank you so so much

hare krihsna

• thank you so much for your humble help

hare krsna

• Hare Krishna,

How old are you Sahil Prabhu?

Do you have an altar at home ? 

Do you have a Tulasi maharani's pot and is growing well?

Do you have a Gita As it is book copy at home?

Do you have Picture of Narsimha dev's picutre in the Altar?

If you have Tulasi devi and is growing well, If you have Narsimha dev's picture and If you a gita copy .. then why fear of any ghosts??

Ghosts attack only weak minds. So be strong and happy that you have positivity at home.

If at all there is Ghost a first indicator is Tulasi devi doesn't grow well and becomes dry in that house, so keep a watch on  Tulasi maharani's well being.

You are chanting, doing all good things reading scriptures and listening to lectures, stopped watching material stuff. 

Then why fear. Even if it 4 rounds also it is fine. You make an extra effort to make it 6 in this week. Okay?

Keep the Bhagwad gita As it is book right under you pillow. There is no fear.

Where Lord is being praised the evil forces dare to come into that place also.

Do daily diya lighting and apply tilak and put tulasi mala in you neck. Where there is tulasi and tilak there is no fear of any yamadutas' also coming near what to say about Ghosts. 

Better late then never right? so even if you get up late try to sit for 1 and 1/2 hour or 2 to complete you 16 rounds.

Do not fear of anything you are totally protected you are reciting Narsimha Kavacha mantra also before sleeping then why fear?

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krsna

Hello I am 22 years old

Yes i have an altar at home of Lord Ganesh as my mom is a devotee of lord ganesh and I have a picture of Radha Krsna on the altar

Yes we have Tusli maharanis pot , there is not much sunlight , its growing slow but not completely well, My dad waters it everyday, i cant chant next to it cause its in the balcony side so that it can get good sunllight

Yes I have Bhagavad Gita as it is, Bhagvatam Canto 1 by Prabhupada, NOD, Japa, Ramayan

I dont have Lord Narsimhadevs picture was thinking to get one, can you suggest me which one to order?

Yes i have decided to increase 2 rounds every week and get back to 16 consistently

I keep KRSNA BOOK NEXT TO ME, as I read it daily before sleeping , and also keep Radhanath Maharaj's audio of chanting on a speaker in a low voice for the whole night

Actually my family is not a devotee, so they add onion garlic, and i cant argue otherwise they will stop my bhakti, still can i wear tulsi mala?

thank you for your help mataji, Krsna replied to my answers through you thank you!!

"Better late then never right? so even if you get up late try to sit for 1 and 1/2 hour or 2 to complete you 16 rounds"

I will try to get back to 16 consistently, but why do i get disturbed sleep?

• No you cannot wear tulasi mala as you are eating onion and garlic. But do one thing You can hold tulasi dried twig and keep it next to your bed. It is also a protection. 

Why you are having disturbed sleep means what can I say. you have to remove fear from you system. 

Feel confidence that Lord is with you.  Hanuman chalisa also can be recited if you fear so much.

"Bhoot pisach nikat nahi aavai, Mahavir jab naam sunavai “ -All the ghosts, demons and evil forces keep away, with the sheer mention of your name."

Sleep well. You mentioned even if you have disturbed sleep it is for only few minutes so just don't worry too much.  Exercise well, let your body get exhausted so much that you sleep like a log.

Hare Krishna.

This reply was deleted.