Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam booklet

Hare Krsna dear devotees!
Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all his faithful followers!

Here in ISKCON Budapest, we are actively exploring ways to increase the distribution of Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam sets on the streets. While we’ve had some successful efforts so far, we are aiming to expand this even further.

Naturally, the blessings of devotees are essential in this endeavour, therefore, I humbly request all of you reading this to please offer your blessings for this important service.

One idea I had is to compile a booklet that presents the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam in a way that is both understandable and directly applicable to people’s lives. I believe such a booklet could not only inspire potential buyers to purchase the entire set but also help to cultivate them over time.

If presented correctly, this booklet could bring people to the understanding that Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is not just another religious text, but rather a scripture filled with deep universal truths meant for the upliftment of humanity, both on a spiritual and material level. 

In my research, I haven’t found anything quite like this yet, aside from Book Bhagavata by HH S.B. Kesava Swami Maharaj, which beautifully presents the teachings of the Bhāgavatam in a practical way. While it could serve as inspiration for such a project, the size and scope of that book may not meet the specific needs of our current effort.

I’m reaching out in the hope that there might already be something similar available. If not, perhaps we can find a qualified devotee who is willing to take up the task of compiling such a booklet.

Please share any helpful information or suggestions you may have, especially if you know of anyone who could assist with this project. 

I request your blessings that we might be successful in this project!

Thank you very much!
Your servant, Dayālu dasa

Srila Prabhupada book distribution ki Jaya!
Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam ki Jaya!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree that many people often view religious texts as distant or irrelevant to their daily lives. By showcasing the timeless wisdom of the Bhāgavatam and its applications to modern challenges, you could potentially reach many souls who are seeking deeper understanding and connection.

pizza tower

Pizza Tower
    Get ready for a slice of laughter in Pizza Tower! Ascend absurd levels, defeat hilarious enemies, and gather scrumptious toppings in this fast-paced…
  • Hare Krishna 🙏 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

All glories to Srimad Bhagavatam. Your endeavour to distribute srimad bhagavatam is exemplary.

I have following questions

1. Who is your target audience to whom you intend to give Srimad Bhagavatam

2. Are you looking to create promotional material for Srimad Bhagavatam or Condensed version of Bhagavatam

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krsna!

Thank you for your reply. 

1. The targeted audience are the general people we meet on the streets. They most probably have no knowledge about the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam. 

2. I am looking to create a practical booklet that comes along with the whole set and introduces them to the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, explains how to read it, what they can find inside and thus encourage them to read and study the books. 

Hare Krsna!

• Sounds like a good idea but I haven't seen anything similar. Sastras have chapters about SB (like Skanda Purana 2.5.16) which glorify its spiritual power. Jiva Gosvami established SB as the main pramana for his Sandarbhas in Tattva sandarbha by lots of such quotes.
    You can see various SB-related info and links in my SB article: veda.harekrsna .cz encyclopedia sb.htm

Hari Hari
    ys J.

This reply was deleted.