Srimad Bhagavatam

Hare Krishna 

Dandwat Pranam 

I have 3 Questions pls clarify this

Q 1) Why is Srimati Radha Rani not mentioned in Srimad Bhagavatam or Vishnu Purana or Harivamsa or Mahabharat 

Q 2 ) Wherever Smriti disagrees with the Purânas, know the Smritis more authoritative. This line/verse is written in Book 11 Chapter 1 of Devi Bhagavatam [According to an online source] If this is the case that Vedas and Smritis are more authoritative than Purana and Itihas  then in which category does Srimad Bhagavatam  or Bhagavad Gita come  and are they more authoritative than Smritis and Vedas

Q 3) सर्वस्यानित्यत्वे सावयवत्वेन सर्वतः सिद्धे । वैकुण्ठादिषु नित्यत्वमतिर्भ्रम एव मूढबुद्धीनाम् ॥

When it is established that everything made of parts is ephemeral, those of lowly intellect are deluded thinking that vaikuṇṭha, etc. are eternal.[ Verse from Sarva-Siddhanta-Sara-Sangrah]

एष देवो विष्णुरनन्तः प्रथमशरीरी त्रैलोक्यदेहोपाधिः सर्वेषां भूतानामन्तरात्मा । स हि सर्वभूतेषु द्रष्टा श्रोता मन्ता विज्ञाता सर्वकरणात्मा ॥

This god Vishnu or Ananta, is the first embodied existence with material form, one with the three worlds as his upādhi and is the self of all beings (pancha bhūta-s). He is the seer, hearer, etc. in all beings.[Mundaka Upanishad Bhashya]

विष्ण्वाद्युत्तमदेहेषु प्रविष्टो देवताभवत् । मर्त्याद्यधमदेहेषु स्थितो भजति मर्त्यताम् ॥ २ ॥

Entering the superior bodies like that of Vishnu, He became the deities; and remaining in the inferior bodies like that of men He experiences attributes of a human, like death.[Swami Vidyaranya in his Panchadashi says that Vishnu is the highest material body.]

The above verses say that neither Vaikuntha Loka nor Lord Vishnu are eternal. Pls clarify this and also is it true that there are 3 realities physical reality, unseen reality and absolute reality and only absolute reality whereas Vaikuntha comes under unseen reality so it is not absolute according to Sri Adi Shankaracharya 

Hare Krishna 

Radha Radha

Haribol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1. Wherever "Sri Krisna" appears in the text, "Sri" refers to Sriji, Radha devi.

2. The position of Puranas etc. is dealt with in Tattva sandarbha. See Chandogya Upanisad 7.1.2 and Brhad-aranyaka Upanisad 2.4.10. If someone (even if it's an Upapurana like D.Bh.P.) wants to pit Smrtis against Puranas, it will not work because Smrtis themselves uphold Puranas:

mImAMsate ca yo vedAn Sadbhir aGgaih sa-vistaraiH
    itihAsa-purANAni sa bhaved veda-pAra-gaH
    VyAsa-smRti 4.45

purANair dharma vacanaiH satya mAhAtmya kIrtanaiH
    NArada-smRti, VyavahAra pada 1.182

Btw, BG, Mahabharata and Puranas are known as smrti-prasthana in the Vedanta darsana school.

3. Vaikuntha and Visnu are sac-cid-ananda vigrahas. Advaitists can claim whatever they want, it has no authority over sastra. About Adi Sankara I already answered.

Your greetings have no meaning (they can be even understood as a ridicule) when spoken by advaitists.

Hari Hari
    ys J.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I understood the point but the claims were not made by some random advaitan but by Sri Adi Shankaracharya. So are the verses like 

सर्वस्यानित्यत्वे सावयवत्वेन सर्वतः सिद्धे । वैकुण्ठादिषु नित्यत्वमतिर्भ्रम एव मूढबुद्धीनाम् ॥

When it is established that everything made of parts is ephemeral, those of lowly intellect are deluded thinking that vaikuṇṭha, etc. are eternal.[ Verse from Sarva-Siddhanta-Sara-Sangrah]

real or interpolated and if real what did Sri Adi Shankaracharya really  wanted to say through  this verse?

Pls explain it

Hare Krishna 

• It seems to me you don't understand English. My reply under 3. is clear enough.

Adi Sankara's mission is to preach advaita, as you quoted from Padma P. This means to try to undermine or distort sastra wherever it glorifies the Lord as the supreme (vibhu) and jivas as His servants (anu).
        One example: The two bird analogy (atma and Paramatma) appears in Rgveda samhita 1.164.20-22, Mundaka Upanisad 3.1.1-2, Svetasvatara Upanisad 4.6-7, SB 11.11.5-6, and possibly elsewhere. Otoh, Adi Sankara doesn't mention this two bird analogy in his BG bhasya and in his Viveka cudamani 145 speaks of one bird only.

Hari Hari
        ys J.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

what did Sri Adi Shankaracharya really  wanted to say through  this verse?

That degraded mayavadi envious creatures are the worst  of mankind. They have no place in these forums. 

Mayavadi Krsna Aparadhi

Param Vijayate Sri Krsna Sankirtanam

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I am sorry for any mistake I committed even though I really didn't mean it.

1. I am a beginner in spirituality and so I am a novice. I am not a follower of any specific sect like Mayavada ,community or sampraday rather I want to know more about them and understand how they are interconnected 
          2. I am not well versed in scriptures and so many questions ( some maybe even immature)arise in my mind and when I can't  get the answers to these questions, I write it on this platform to get appropriate answer.
          3. I don't make any judgements nor do I demean  any sect or sampraday rather I just ask normal question(s)
          4. Now coming to this
          5.   I didn't have any ulterior motive. 

Sorry again if I committed any mistake or aparadh

Hare Krishna 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

Irrespective of anything, who you are, what your motive is, your actions are not welcome. You are not welcome. 

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I am sorry again as I don't really mean to demean any sect or sampraday rather I just asked questions whose answers I couldn't find but from now I won't ask such questions 

Hare Krishna 

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I am sorry again as I don't really mean to demean any sect or sampraday rather I just asked questions whose answers I couldn't find but from now I will not ask such questions 

Hare Krishna 

This reply was deleted.