Some queries about Lord KALKI and other.

Dondobot pronam to all.

AGTSP.

I am a most ignorant and most follen one.i know nothing about the philosophy of KC. but I love my Krishna very much and i love also this IDT too much.

While preaching , I have told others that Lord Kalki will come after 4 lac 27 thousand years and i have shown them the picture of Lord kalki riding on a white horse and holding a sword.But my frinds asked me questions which i could not answer.Pls help me to answer them.The questions are:

1)In modern war, all the modern weapons are used.after some lac years, how the horses and swords would be used in warfare ?

2)Today almost all countries are governed by democratic system.we have read that Lord kalki will kill all the evil kings and will perform an ' aswomedho jogno'.Then will the royal govornance will be reintroduced?

3)just 5000 years ago there was immences of demons or asuras having length of several miles.How those asuras could expand themselves ? were all of those are jogis? why at present we can found none of them?In kali yuga,it is expected to see millions of asuras in the world.?also we have got fossils of so old dinosors, then why we could not find ,by excavation, a single fossil of so lonf asuras? also in time of lord kalki,there would be a demon namely kuthodori. how the demon will then be present?

4)in kali yuga modern material science have improved much.we have big buildings,cities,aeroplanes,and so on.Then in kali yuga of previous kalpa  we can expect that was a tremendus improvement of material science.but after that kali yuga when satya yuga of present kalpa came, in scriptures, we could not found any description of any material development.Then where was those big modern cities,aeroplanes,buildings etc.?

5)we are using coal and fossil oil about some hundred years.scientists are saying that some few years later all the coals and petrols will be depleted.But human is using gold, silver ,coal etc during some crore years.Then how those are reproduced?

Please help me and answer these questions.Also please forgive me if i hurt anyone unintentionally.

Horibol.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

There are several explanations given on the origin of Lord Kalki in several scriptures such as Srimad Bhagavatam as well as many puranas. I do not have answers for all these questions but hopefully the extracts below should help you understand the purpose and way in which Lord Kalki will appear.

The Srimad-Bhagavatam (12.2.19-20) describes Lord Kalki's activities as follows: "Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift white horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared dress as kings."

We should make note here that, as the Vedic literature explains, when the Supreme kills anyone, that person is immediately spiritually purified by His touch and because the person is focused on the Supreme Being while leaving his body. Thus, that person attains the same destination as those yogis who spend years steadying the mind in order to meditate and leave their bodies while focused on the Supreme. So being killed by the Supreme is a great advantage for those of a demoniac mentality who would otherwise enter lower realms of existence or even the hellish planets in their next lives.

The Vishnu Purana (Book Four, Chapter 24) continues to explain Lord Kalki's activities: "By His irresistible might he will destroy all the mlecchas and thieves, and all whose minds are devoted to iniquity. He will reestablish righteousness upon earth, and the minds of those who live at the end of the Kali age shall be awakened, and shall be as clear as crystal. The men who are thus changed by virtue of that peculiar time shall be as the seeds of human beings, and shall give birth to a race who will follow the laws of the Krita age [Satya-yuga], the age of purity. As it is said, 'When the sun and moon, and the lunar asterism Tishya, and the planet Jupiter, are in one mansion, the Krita age shall return.'" The Agni Purana (16.10) also relates that Hari, after giving up the form of Kalki, will go to heaven. Then the Krita or Satya-yuga will return as before.

Additional information that can help us understand the activities of the next coming of God is found in the Linga Purana (40.50-92), the Brahmanda Purana (1.2.31.76-106 & 2.3.73.104-126), and the Vayu Purana (58.75-110). In these texts we find descriptions of Lord Kalki as He will appear in the future and also as how He appeared in previous incarnations as Pramiti in this time period known as the Svayambhuva Manvantara. These texts tell us that as Kali-yuga comes to a close, and after the death of Bhrigu (or in order to slay the Bhrigus), Kalki (Pramiti) took birth in the Lunar dynasty of Manu. He will wander over the planet without being seen by any living being. Then he will start His campaign in His thirty-second year and roam the earth for twenty years. He will take with Him a big army of horses, chariots, and elephants, surrounded by hundreds and thousands of spiritually purified brahmanas armed with weapons. [Being brahmanas, these weapons may be brahminical weapons that are activated by mantras, such as the powerful brahmastra rather than base weapons of combat such as knives, swords, and spears, or even guns and ordinary explosives.] Though they may try to do battle with Him, He will kill all of the heretics [and false prophets] and wicked, mleccha kings.

In a previous incarnation He killed the Udicyas (Northerners), Madhya Deshyas (residents of the middle lands), Purvatiyas (mountain dwellers), Pracyas (Easterners), Praticyas (Westerners), Dakshinatyas (of Southern India), the Simhalas (Sri Lankans), Pahlavas (the fair-skinned nomadic tribes of the Caucasus mountains), Yadavas, Tusharas (people of the area of Mandhata, India, or present day Tukharistan), Cinas (Chinese), Shulikas, Khashas, and different tribes of the Kiratas (aboriginal tribes living in north-eastern India and Nepal) and Vrishalas.

No one could stop Him as He wielded His discus and killed all the barbarians. When He was finished He rested in the middle land between the Ganges and Yamuna with His ministers and followers. He allowed only a few people to remain, scattered over the planet. These would be as seeds for the next generations that would follow in the next Satya-yuga. Thereafter, when Lord Kalki has made way for the next age of Satya-yuga, and delivered the earth and whatever is left of civilization from the effects of Kali-yuga, He will go back to His eternal abode along with His army.

Continuing with the description of Lord Kalki as described in the Linga, Brahmanda, and Vayu Puranas, they explain that after Lord Kalki returns to His eternal abode, when those subjects surviving at the end of Kali-yuga are enlightened, the yuga changes overnight. Then the minds of all people will become enlightened, and with inevitable force Krita or Satya-yuga sets in. People will then realize the soul, and acquire piety, devotion, tranquility, and clear consciousness. Then those Siddhas [the enlightened and perfected living beings who had remained invisible on a higher dimension through the end of the age of Kali] return to the earthly dimension and again are clearly visible. They establish themselves with the return of the Saptarishis, the seven sages, who instruct everyone about spiritual life, Vedic knowledge, and the progressive organization of society for a peaceful and fulfilling existence. Then again people flourish and perform the sacred rites, and the sages will remain in authority to continue the advancement of the new Satya-yuga.

Hari Bol,

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Mataji. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~ This is a famous statement once given by the famous scientist Albert einstein. Today what is going on in the name of scientific advancement is very artificial in nature. Artificial in the sense which is not primitive or not provided by the mother nature , because it is not the basic necessities to sustain life in this universe. Rather the invention of modern technology that we are seeing in every sphere of our day to day life is to meet the luxury not necessity. So all this things creating a false notion in human mind that nature is in our control, and we will go like that by exploiting the natural resources. But all this will go on as long as mother nature is allowing us to do so.

It is like relationship of a master and his dog, The dog may go hither and thither as long as the master is allowing him to do that, but his play will stop once the master takes charge of the rein of the belt in his neck. Just like in today's date most of the people are heavily dependent on such kind work where technology is an integral part ,  like telecom, banking, information technology,media,stock market and almost all core and non-core sector,infact the whole economic situation are dependent on the sofisticated Internet/Computer system. The internet system is dependent on the artificial satellites which are floating on certain orbit. Scientists has observed the way how nature works and somehow able to float those satellities,

So the floating of these satellites are totally dependent of Nature's law, and modern economic conditions are dependent on these satellities, and the human society are dependent on this industrial civilization for their lively hood, so ultimately we are depedent on nature's mercy and nature is working under Krishna's direction.

BG 9.10: This material nature, which is one of My energies, is working under My direction, O son of Kunti, producing all moving and nonmoving beings. Under its rule this manifestation is created and annihilated again and again.

so nature is permitting thats why technology is flourishing, but nature can show its cruel form also if we go on exploiting it more and more for our sense gratification. There are many instances where nature brought devastation on the face of technological advancement.

Like few years back devastating tsunami along with severe earth quake practically shaken Japan which considered as breeding ground of technology. Below are some data where casualties caused by science in other words nature played with them with their own thing.

First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million

Russian Civil War (1917–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 million

Soviet Union, Stalin’s regime (1924–53): . . . . . . . . . 20 million

Second World War (1937–45): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55 million

Chinese Civil War (1945–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5 million

People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s

regime (1949–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40 million

Congo Free State (1886–1908): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 million

Mexico (1910–20): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million

Turkish massacres of Armenians (1915–23): . . . . . 1.5 million

China, Nationalist era (1928–37): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.1 million

Korean War (1950–53): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8 million

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SO-CALLED ADVANCEMENT WE ARE SEEING IS LARGLY BASED AND DEPENDENT ON NON-RENEWABLE RESOURCES ~ RESOURCES THAT ONCE USED, CAN'T BE REPLACED. petroleum, coal, natural gas, neuclear energy all are non-renewable resources . Electricity, cars, aeroplane , cooking gas, modern weapons etc which are synonomous to advancement are dependent on the mentioned non-renewable resources. which will ultimately going to finish after 300-400 years or later. So it is not inconceivable that human civilization will force to live a primitive lifestyle when these resources will be finished. So what shastra says that Kalki will fight with horse it is not at all wierd. Regarding SILVER, GOLD they does not transform into any other substance unlike petrol, fuel which transforms into gas. So these are evergreen and will always be there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This kind of passionate civiliation arises or flourish when people's intelligent become degraded, because the civilization which entangled the mind in matter is a civilization of darkness, it is not at all an advanced civilization. Veda says this world or matter is tama or ignorance, so upanisad says  Tamasojyotir gamaya ~ Lead us from darkness to light. Darkness is not truth and remain only for sometime not for ever, similarly this sky scrapper civilization will face its own fate just like any other civilization of past. So what scriptures says is right, that when Kalki will come there will be no sky scrapper building.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when scriptures says Kalki will kill all the evil Kings, it is true because at the end of Kali yuga there will be no democracy, demoniac people will high jack society community even country by their evil influence , people will loose all intelligence because of over indulgence in sex and intoxication, that we can say by seeing the current scenario. An example is terrorism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinosouras are terms given by scientists , scriptures says similar things but the term they use is different. Scientists discovered  many fossils of different species, which are not surviving in current date. In previous ages demons used to have body according to their mentality, but in Kaliyuga a well dressed man may be a demon means with demoniac mentality. A god-less man is a demon in Kali yuga, it doesn't mean he has to have a body of a demon. Circumstances and body of species changes according to millenium, it depends on many factors which are inconceivable to our tiny brain.

As kali-yuga will progress there will be scarcity of food, because rain and sunlight will be irregular because of lack of sacrtifice to demigods, that we are  seeing currently in many parts of world. Also this foolish civilizations are making industrializations of agricultural field and inturn ultimately bringing their own destruction, because industry can't produce food grains.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your aspiring servant

Hari Bol

• Hore Krishna sudito roy probhuji.

Dondobot pronam.

Thank you very much for your post.Your sound knowledge and deep belief to 'guru and shashtro' is really unimitable.

As i am the most ignorant, some more explanation and example will may enrich me more.

hori bol.

• Sevak

Hare Krishna 

It is best to avoid preaching to many new people about these things before they gain sufficient faith in the basic philosophy of BG. As I can see you yourself have a lot of faith in the words of scripture even if you don't know the answers to the questions of speculative minds. This is because probably you gained faith in the basic KC philosophy and started practicing. Once this is done, one gradually can know about the other things. 

This is not to discourage you, but if we can prioritize and focus on basic philosophy as told in bhagavad Gita and emphasize on chanting hare krishna, then the preaching will be most effective. Otherwise, for the speculative minds there is no end of questions. This time they have asked about kali yuge, next time something else. This should not restrict our preaching. 

This reply was deleted.