Shri Ram

Hare krishna i read in japa yoga book of shivanand that if you chant only 13crore names only RAM you will get darshan so can i chant Ram naam instead of hare krishna mahamantra ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Are you chanting Hare Krsna mahamantra or any mantra presently ? 

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna mahamantra prabhuji

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Hare krishna i read in japa yoga book of shivanand that if you chant only 13crore names only RAM you will get darshan so can i chant Ram naam instead of hare krishna mahamantra ?

Such statements are made to encourage those people who do not chant any holy names. The Hare Krsna maha mantra is the most potent mantra for this kali yuga. Lord Shri Rama himself in the form of Lord Chaitanya has distributed this maha mantra. The Hare Krsna mahamantra includes the names of Sita Rama. All the benefits of chanting any holy name of Lord Rama, Lord Krsna, Lord Nara yana etc will definitely be obtained just by chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra.  So there is no need to Chant any other mantra other than Panchatattva mantra (once before every round) and The Hare Krsna mantra. 

We should not compare the potencies of different mantras. This is modern disease we have acquired by shopping online. 

But if one does not want to chant the Hare Krsna mantra, then it is better they at least chant the holy names Lord Rama or Lord Krishna , Lord Narayana etc

Hare Krsna

• Thank you prabhuji for your guidance,hare Krishna 

This reply was deleted.