shirdi SAI BABA's existence

hare krishna to one n all.

before starting i would bow to the lotus feet of the ALMIGHTY.

dear devotees,

i am a student  studying at jaipur. its just  7 weeks ago when i started going to the akshya patra organisation to attend the sessions of SOS.

i am learning a lot many good things from there.

before going there i was and still worshiping SHIRDI's SAI BABA. its through His blessings on us by which my family lives peacefully and in a life worth living.

i am not exaggerating Him. i am simply saying truth.

what i actually want to ask and discuss over here is:

1) is it good and correct enough to stop His preachings which i have been doing ? is it correct to forget what all He has done for my family, and  just go only for KRISHNA MAHA MANTRA CHANTING?

i am no one to say anything about the LORD KRISHNA. He is the Supreme of all.

But SHIRDI SAI BABA was HIS incarnation as being told to me by my elders.

Don't you people think i will get greedy and will actually betray Sai baba if i stop his prayers.

2) LORD SAI BABA never said that people should worship Him ..... it was by the miracles which He did in all over His life. He knew BHAGVATA GITA, VEDAS, QURAN, BIBLE at a very early age of His life. He spread the message of Humanity and celebrated all the festivles.

He lead a very simple life wearing only a kafni(a white jhoola). 

Isn't He the incarnation of the Supreme LORD KRISHNA HIMSELF.

HARE KRISHNA,

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hare Krishna prabhuji,

I respect ur belief in Sai baba. If u know that Lord Krishna is the Supreme personality of God head,then u should directly reach out to him,instead of taking different routes. Try to channalise ur prayers in one direction,dont go hay-wire. Read Bhagvad Gita thoroughly,very soon u will realise the truth.

My advice: when u bow before any personality,ask for krishna bhakti not material desires. Our vedic scriptures r d authentic proof.

sorry if I had hurt ur feelings.

Hari Bol

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji

PAMHO!AGTSP & SG! 

Pleas accept my humble obeisances!

It can be simply understand as you are giving respect to your father and if your son will also do the same you'll be more happy , Similiarly Satya Sai Baba is bringing Lord Krishna blessings to you but he'll surly feel more happiness if you worship supreme authority too.

Hare Krishna

• Jai Shri Krishna..

This is the reason why you need a Bonafied Guru to study and understand the Bhagawad Gita:

Little knowledge is dangerous.

!“And in BG also , when Arjun desired to see Lord's Universal form so that in case in future if someone declares himself as God , then people could ask him to show universal form as described in BG  as a proof, but Sai never said that He is God but still He revealed The Universal Form!”

Totally wrong!  Arjuna the great devotee of Krishna as you correctly said, desired to see His universal form but not so that, “in case in future if someone declares himself as God , then people could ask him to show universal form as described in BG  as a proof”

!“Sai Baba Is my Sadguru”

“Another important criterion for a guru is that he himself must be a disciple of a bona fide spiritual master–one who is part of a succession of spiritual masters coming from Lord Krishna Himself. A guru’s teachings cannot be genuine unless he has received his knowledge by this process of disciplic succession, because one who is not part of a genuine disciplic chain can have no access to the Vedic knowledge. So we cannot over-emphasize the importance of the disciplic succession in determining the credibility of a spiritual teacher. No matter how learned a scholar may be, he cannot understand Vedic knowledge by the speculative approach. In other words no one can know the Transcendence by his imperfect sense perception. As the Svetasvatara Upanisad (6.23) explains: “Only unto those great souls who simultaneously have implicit faith in both the Lord and the spiritual master are all the imports of Vedic knowledge revealed.”

!“one more thing not all the scriptures have been fully recovered as told by Srila Prabhupada(preface BG)”

Who told you that?  Was it self-realization?    The Bhagawad Gita is an extract of Maha Bharata.  As told by Krishna to Arjuna, during the battle of Krukshetra.

Do not misunderstand what was told in the preface BG.

“Originally I wrote Bhagavad-gītā As It Is in the form in which it is presented now. When this book was first published, the original manuscript was, unfortunately, cut short to less than 400 pages, without illustrations and without explanations for most of the original verses of the Śrīmad Bhagavad-gītā.”

“Thus the present attempt is to offer the original manuscript of this great book of knowledge with full paramparā explanation in order to establish the Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement more soundly and progressively.”

!“also there is no such thing in scriptures that are still there telling about Jesus Christ”

What did you expect?  Jesus himself said that he is son of God.  Need I go on about Prophet?

!“I don't care what others say.. Sai Baba Is my Sadguru and Lord Krishna is my father...else everything and everyone is illusion...
      A magician can only make things invisible or levitate but only God can bring someone on the path of devotion and realization, that is why Sai is God!!!!

Prabhupad brought millions on the path of devotion and realization but he never mention that he is God and no one put him in that position.

This is the reason why you need a Guru who can help you to understand The Bhagavad Gita.

2543665874?profile=original

Who Is a Real Guru?
      Among the naïve, of course, one may pass for a spiritual master by wearing robes and a beard but intelligent people won't settle for these outer trap…
  • Hare krsna sapan prabhuji i wld agree wth amit prabhu sai baba is not even a bhakta he is a yogi there is no proof abt sai baba as god in bhagabat rather there is proof abt sri caitanya people who r worshiping sai baba are just hankering after material wealth but what is the value of all this after death they are big rascals krsnas supremacy is confirmed in every holy scripture so just have faith and worship krsna read teachings of lord caitanya and caitanya caritamrita u wil find heaven and hell dif. between contributions of lord caitanya and sai baba i hope that u come to the right path i hope i have not hurt you your servant gaura hari
  • Hare krsna sapan prabhuji i wld agree wth amit prabhu sai baba is not even a bhakta he is a yogi there is no proof abt sai baba as god in bhagabat rather there is proof abt sri caitanya people who r worshiping sai baba are just hankering after material wealth but what is the value of all this after death they are big rascals krsnas supremacy is confirmed in every holy scripture so just have faith and worship krsna read teachings of lord caitanya and caitanya caritamrita u wil find heaven and hell dif. between contributions of lord caitanya and sai baba i hope that u come to the right path i hope i have not hurt you your servant gaura hari
  • yes true..
  • No nonsense approach to preaching

Dr. O.B.L. Kapoor, Srila Prabhupada's Godbrother, paid a visit with his wife and one of his friends during the gaura-arati. Srila Prabhupada was happy to see him and shared some of the highlights of his recent world tour. He had me bring out all the press clippings, taking particular pride in the Melbourne Age's front page article, "His Divine Grace is Here to Hound Us," which quoted Srila Prabhupada as saying that the U.N. is an assembly of barking dogs.

Dr. Kapoor laughed heartily in appreciation of Srila Prabhupada's bold preaching. He and his companions were also impressed with the New York Times "East Meets West" reportage of the New York Ratha-yatra.

When Dr. Kapoor's friend asked what effect we were having on the Russians, Prabhupada told him, "They are very much afraid. And therefore they are greatest enemy in India. CPI [Communist Party of India], they are putting so many impediments."

The article from Durban which we had received in Detroit, and which criticized phoney gurus like Sai Baba, also caught their attention. Dr. Kapoor's friend asked Srila Prabhupada what he thought about Sai Baba.

Prabhupada was dismissive, saying Sai Baba has no sastric basis, simply jugglery.

Dr. Kapoor added, "No avatara has declared so far that 'I'm avatara.'"

"What is called avatara?" Prabhupada asked. "He has nothing on the sastra, basically. And anyone who has no sastra basics, he's useless. Yah sastra-vidhim utsrjya vartate kama-karatah na sa siddhim avapnoti. He can cheat so many fools and rascals, it has no meaning. That is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam about this kind of guru. They have been condemned in Srimad-Bhagavatam." Looking to Pradyumna he told him, "I think you'll find out at the end of the Twenty-fourth Chapter, Eighth Canto." Then he continued, "They have been condemned. Now what is the benefit? From rational point of view, suppose he can manufacture gold. That is his jugglery. Eh? He can manufacture some gold? So far I have heard; I've not seen."

"I don't know. He does some kind of trick," Dr. Kapoor said.

Gopala Krsna added that Sai Baba does other kinds of "magic" and blesses sick people, who apparently get cured.

Prabhupada didn't find that very impressive. "So that is done by medical men also. So what is the excellence?"

I chipped in with a story that I had read in the recent edition of Blitz in which a man traveling in his car was hit by a train. He was thrown from his car to the left-hand side. The train came to a sudden standstill just as it hit the car. "So then he said he went to see Sai Baba, and then Sai Baba looked at him and he said, 'Oh, you have been in an accident and your car was hit by the train. But I stopped the train and threw you to the left and therefore you were not injured.'"

Prabhupada still wasn't impressed. "If he can do so, can he save him from death, if he's so powerful?"

Dr. Kapoor was also disparaging. He laughed and said, "That is very easy. I can also do that. I know the trick."

Prabhupada smiled. "Accha?"

Gopala Krsna was curious. "What is the trick?"

"I'll not tell it to you!" Dr. Kapoor returned, laughing loudly.

While Pradyumna continued to seek out the verse Srila Prabhupada wanted from the Srimad-Bhagavatam, I reiterated another story I had read about some scientists who wanted to test Sai's claims. "They were trying to get him to give some examples. So he refused. Then he produced this nut in his hand. Then he closed his fist and opened it again, and the nut was there -- but this time it had a gold cross attached to it."

Dr. Kapoor's friend said that the famous Indian magician, P. C. Sarkar, could do much better tricks.

Prabhupada agreed. "Yes. P. C. Sarkar, he was going on cycle in London. Ordinary street he was going, and his eyes were bound up. Everyone has seen."

Pradyumna finally found the verse Prabhupada had requested, and he read it out: acaksur andhasya yathagranih krtas tatha janasyaviduso 'budho guruh/ tvam arka-drk sarva-drsam samiksano vrto gurur nah sva-gatim bubhutsatam [As a blind man, being unable to see, accepts another blind man as his leader, people who do not know the goal of life accept someone as a guru who is a rascal and a fool. But we are interested in self-realization. Therefore we accept You, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as our spiritual master, for You are able to see in all directions and are omniscient like the sun -- Bhag. 8.24.50].

Srila Prabhupada stressed the point that Krsna is the original guru. He instructed Lord Brahma, Vivasvan and Arjuna. "He is adi-guru. So instead of this tricky, jugglery guru, why not people approach Krsna. Therefore acaksur andha." He then had Pradyumna repeat the Sanskrit. Prabhupada tipped his head. "Ah. Avidusah abudho guruh. You are a fool, so for them, all gurus, this Bal Yogeswar, and others -- foolish guru for the fools. Bhagavan Himself is giving the simple path. Man-mana. But they go in round -- about way. By thinking of Him they gradually become devotee, but they give up the simple path. If things are very easy, why they go round -- about way? Bhagavan svayam; man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru mam evaisyasi asamsayah. What I mean to say is they give up the simple path, 'See My murti and think of Me, then you become My devotee.' Worship Him, give Him a leaf, flower. This is not at all difficult. Then offer obeisances. They have given all this up -- for what? Fools.

"I went to see the Ramakrishna Mission head, Prabodhananda Swami. So just by seeing me, he immediately said that 'Thakura was formerly Gaura Hari'-Ramakrishna Thakura, He was formerly Gaurasundara. just see how foolish. He said, 'Gaurasundara preached krsna-bhakti, then Ramakrishna preached kali-puja in Kali-yuga. He is such a fool, that 'Gaurasundara preached, whomever you meet, teach them about Krsna. Now in this birth He is preaching Kali worship.'

Prabhupada said this was proof that the intelligence of such persons is destroyed by worshiping the demigods. "It is described by Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura in the sastras-kamais tais tair hrta-jnanah prapadyante 'nya-devatah [Bg. 7.20: "Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires worship the demigods ...] Such people whose intelligence are destroyed are saying this. We simply preach this -- Chant Hare Krsna. We don't produce any gold, just 'chant Hare Krsna.'"

In private as in public, Prabhupada spoke the truth for the benefit of all. Dr. Kapoor and his companions appreciated Prabhupada's no-nonsense approach to preaching, and after taking a little prasadam, they then took their leave.

- From "A Transcendental Diary Vol 4" by HG Hari Sauri Prabhu
  • Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

you can worship Sai Baba because after all he is devotee of Lord  Krishna..there is no harm in worshipping Shri Sai Baba ..the answer i can gv to ths is that Shri Sai Baba has somewhere or the other let u to know Krishna the Supreme God..He is giving u the directions to be perfect devotee..Shri Sai Baba is the greatest but Lord Krishna is transcendental..Know the keys..

worship all ...Shiva, Ganpati, Sai Baba, Jesus Christ, Buddha etc because THEY ARE TOO DEVOTEES OF LORD... but Krishna is supreme and the King..duties to the ministers(demigods) as a servant(us) should be executed keeping in mind to please the King (Krishna)..keep on chanting Hare Krishna mahamantra..and if u cn then read prabhupad book..

sorry if i have hurt u..

Haribol

This reply was deleted.