Scriptures and seriel

Hare Krishna

Dandwat Pranam

Dear Devotees

Recently while seeing some videos and articles I noticed that in most series and in some scriptures also it is depicted that Sri Vishnu is weaker or inferior than Mahadevji. In some stories it is also depicted that Sri Vishnu lose to Mahadevji in a fight. I know this is not the truth and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings  but pls enlighten me on this.

Hare Krishna

Dandwat Pranam

Haribol 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

rāma rāmeti rāmeti
      rame rāme manorame
      sahasra-nāmabhis tulyaṁ
      rāma-nāma varānane

“[Lord Śiva addressed his wife, Durgā:] ‘O Varānanā, I chant the holy name of Rāma, Rāma, Rāma and thus enjoy this beautiful sound. This holy name of Rāmacandra is equal to one thousand holy names of Lord Viṣṇu.’ 

This is a verse from the Bṛhad-viṣṇu-sahasranāma-stotra in the Uttara-khaṇḍa of the Padma Purāṇa (72.335).

Hare Krsna 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

In Vedic scriptures, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are both supremely powerful and divine personalities. They are not in competition with each other, but rather they have different roles and responsibilities in the cosmic manifestation. It is important to understand that these stories and depictions are meant to convey deeper spiritual truths and not to establish superiority or inferiority between the two.

1. Lord Vishnu's Supreme Position: The Srimad Bhagavatam (1.2.11) clearly establishes Lord Vishnu's supreme position as the ultimate cause and controller of the entire creation. He is the original form of God, the source of all incarnations, and the maintainer of the universe. Lord Vishnu possesses unlimited power, knowledge, and opulence.

2. Lord Shiva's Glorious Role: Lord Shiva is a great devotee of Lord Vishnu and holds a unique position as the destroyer and transformer within the material creation. He is known as Mahadeva, the greatest among the demigods. Lord Shiva's pastimes and activities are meant to fulfill specific purposes in the cosmic arrangement, such as dissolution and annihilation.

3. The Divine Leelas (Pastimes): The Vedic scriptures often describe various divine pastimes of the Supreme Lord in different ways to cater to the diverse spiritual needs of different individuals. These pastimes are not meant to be taken literally but rather as symbolic representations of profound spiritual truths. It is important to approach these stories with a spiritual understanding, recognizing that the Supreme Lord is beyond any material limitations or comparisons.

Analogies and stories:

1. The Sun and the Moon: Just as the sun and the moon have different roles and functions in the cosmic arrangement, both are equally important and necessary. Similarly, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva have distinct roles in the divine plan, and their positions complement each other.

2. The Ocean and the River: The ocean represents the vastness and depth of Lord Vishnu's transcendental power, while the river symbolizes Lord Shiva's dynamic and transformative energies. Both are integral parts of the cosmic flow and have their unique contributions.

3. The Two Servants: Imagine a king who has two loyal and devoted servants. One is responsible for maintaining the kingdom, while the other is entrusted with the task of protecting it. Both servants are equally important and serve the king according to their designated roles. Similarly, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva serve the Supreme Lord in different capacities, and their service is based on love and devotion.

Remember, the ultimate goal of spiritual life is to develop a loving relationship with the Supreme Lord, irrespective of any apparent differences or comparisons between His various manifestations. By cultivating devotion and understanding the essence of Vedic teachings, we can transcend any misconceptions and realize the ultimate truth of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

• Hare Krishna,

PAMHO

Lord Śiva, who is neither avatāra nor āveśa nor in between them, possesses almost 84% of the attributes. But the jīvas, or the individual living beings in different statuses of life, possess up to the limit of 78% of the attributes. In the conditioned state of material existence, the living being possesses these attributes in very minute quantity, varying in terms of the pious life of the living being. The most perfect of living beings is Brahmā, the supreme administrator of one universe. He possesses 78% of the attributes in full. [Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 1 Chapter 3 Text 28]

Lord Brahmā is generally one of the living entities, and Lord Śiva is the medium between the Lord and the living entities. In other words, even demigods like Lord Brahmā and Lord Śiva, who are the chief amongst all demigods, are never equal to or greater than Lord Viṣṇu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.[Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 1 Chapter 18 Text 21]

Hope this helps!

Dandwat Pranam

Ward Regards

ŚB 1.3.28
    • Hare Krishna,

PAMHO

I would like to bring it to your notice and also to all the devotees of the Lord who is reading this, please take a look.

While browsing Jio Cinema for Shri Krishna, I stumbled upon the term "myth" being used and describe the show as a "mythological drama." As a devotee of the Lord (trying to be), I was disappointed to see this and decided to reach out to them via email to express my concern. Unfortunately, it has been over 6 months since I sent the email and I have not received a response nor have they made any changes to the terminology.

Many individuals are unaware that Shri Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the cause of all causes. The distinction between demigods and God is not commonly known, and Bhagavad Gita or Srimad Bhagavatam are often unread. As a devotee of the Lord and striving to remain one, it pains me to witness one of the largest companies in the nation viewing Shri Krishna as a myth and considering Mahabharata and Ramayana as mythological dramas. It appears that they do not understand the difference between mythology and Epic. If this trend persists, it may lead future generations to also view these works as mythological dramas. It is essential that we consider the impact on the next generation. 

As an ordinary individual, my capabilities are limited to sending emails. Therefore, I am reaching out to fellow devotees of the Lord, individuals employed at Reliance Jio, high-ranking central government officials, or legal practitioners, among others. I humbly request anyone with the appropriate connections and resources to assist in resolving this matter, and their efforts would be deeply valued and appreciated.

I'm not sure who to contact about this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

12132034459?profile=RESIZE_930x

12132034879?profile=RESIZE_930x

Dandwat Pranam

Warm Regards

This reply was deleted.