Scriptures

Hare Krishna 

Dandwat Pranam

Can one read  scripture in english or any other language except Sanskrit if one does not know how to read pr write  Sanskrit. I heard that reading the  scriptures in it's original language will have a more profound effect like nullifying previous karmic effects, provide bliss and bestow various other benefits  , so  will reading the scriptures in any language  have the same effect ?

Hare Krishna 

Radha Radha 

Haribol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sanskrit has a special vibratory quality so the translations themselves may not be as powerful. Therefore it's recommended to read also the Sanskrit even if one may not understand it well or at all. That's the way Srila Prabhupada introduced it by giving word for word translations and so there are many devotees with a minimal knowledge of Sanskrit as opposed to many non-devotee Sanskrit vidvans in India and among Western scholars.
    Thus the proper understanding of the meaning of sastra has a deep effect on the reader to become a devotee while sastric misinterpretation turns the reader away from the Lord (vimukha). SB 3.5.3, 3.5.14, 3.9.7, 3.9.10, 3.32.18, 7.9.10 etc.

Hari Hari
    ys J.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

The so called reading of scriptures by envious people who are fond of disrespecting great acaryas will only increase their envy, hatred towards for vaishnavas and Sri Krsna, what speak of the innumerable karmic reactions they get. This is irrespective of the language. 

Mayavadi Krsna Aparadhi

Param Vijayate Sri Krsna Sankirtanam

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I am sorry for any mistake I committed even though I really didn't mean it.

1. I am a beginner in spirituality and so I am a novice. I am not a follower of any specific sect like Mayavada ,community or sampraday rather I want to know more about them and understand how they are interconnected 
      2. I am not well versed in scriptures and so many questions ( some maybe even immature)arise in my mind and when I can't  get the answers to these questions, I write it on this platform to get appropriate answer.
      3. I don't make any judgements nor do I demean  any sect or sampraday rather I just ask normal question(s)
      4. Now coming to this

"The so called reading of scriptures by envious people who are fond of disrespecting great acaryas will only increase their envy, hatred towards for vaishnavas and Sri Krsna, what speak of the innumerable karmic reactions they get. This is irrespective of the language"

The verses I mentioned are not my point of view rather they are written in scriptures. I just wanted to ask why such demeaning things are said about the acaryas in the scripture. That's all what I wanted to ask and I didn't have any ulterior motive. 

Sorry again if I committed any mistake or aparadh

Hare Krishna 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

The verses I mentioned are not my point of view

There  are hundredsof verses that glorify Sri Krsna and vaishnavas like Dhruva, Prahlad, Hanuman. They are notyourpoint of view. You only present your disrespect through picking and choosing the worst distorted bogus sources. Your actions are not welcome.

Mayavadi Krsna Aparadhi

Param Vijayate Sri Krsna Sankirtanam

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I am sorry again as I don't really mean to demean any sect or sampraday rather I just asked questions whose answers I couldn't find but from now I won't ask such questions 

Hare Krishna 

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji 

I am sorry again as I don't really mean to demean any sect or sampraday rather I just asked questions whose answers I couldn't find and I never asked the above question to disrespect anybody as they are beyond disrespect rather I asked that why duch scriptures contain such verses but from now I won't ask such questions 

Hare Krishna 

This reply was deleted.