I have seen many different creatures on the altar. Birds, frogs, squirrels etc. I would like to get the Temple an alligator for the altar. Does it have to be made out of any  certain kinds of materials? What materials are acceptable and or unacceptable? Thanks. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Pandora mataji,

The alter should give a feel of Vrindavan. Devotees decorate it with the toys of birds and animals that are found in vrindavan which gives the devotees taking darshan a feel of how the vrindavan could be. I have never heard any one having a a alligator in their alter!!! If you really want to get something, best is to ask the poojari in your temple as what you can get. Otherwise, you can give some lakshmi (money) to the devotees in temple to get what ever they feel can be put on alter.

NO Alligator pls.

Hari bol!!

• Thanks all. OK. It is suppose to give a feel of Vrindavan. OK. I get it.

I love alligators . They are fascinating creatures. I won't get an alligator for my Temple's altar.

I live in Florida so I can go and see "real alligators" whenever I want.

• Hare Krishna!

Prabhu ji please clear your point. what you basicly want to say??

• Are there any specific rules in regards to getting animal decorations? Does it have to be bought at a certain deity store or can I go to any store to buy? Is a decoration in resin material ok?  Thanks PRABHU.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

as i saw Devotees who have Altar in their houses they decorate it with toys as like birds, cows...

maybe they get it from ordinary toy shops.

This reply was deleted.