Reincarnation

Hare Krishna Guruji and Mataji.

We do know that Islam, Christianity does not have concept of reincarnation  like Hinduism. Now for example, Assume that rather than me taking birth again and again depending on the Karma accumulated. Is it not easy to convert to Islam, follow the Qur'an religiously and die in peace and there would not be any rebirth. I will rather be judged on the judgement day as mentioned in the Qur'an. As i have followed the path shown in the book I will therefore be taken to heaven.

This was asked by my muslim friend to me. He said rather than carrying the baggage of your previous life in this life why don't you become muslim? There is no concept of reincarnation. You will be judged on your only life. Become a good follower of Quran and be assured to be taken to heaven. Basically one can start with clean slate by converting and becoming good muslim.So I would like to know why do Hindus have this concept where as others don't? Why should we only bare the consequences of karma not others in different religion?

Looking forward for answers.

Haribol.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have 3 real cases of people who reincarnated in my village, if you have guts come and check to my village, I am ready to show you those people and you can ask any question then, else remain humble. If you really want proofs Krishna and devotee will help you, if you just want to challenge authority of Krishna, you will be just fooled by your own tiny mind and senses. If you are coming contact me over gmail: durgadangi05@gmail.com
  • Hare Krishna,
    Even In Santana Dharma the concept of heaven and hell is there.
    When you do bad karma you are sent to hell and the period in hell depends on the number of bad karma you did. Similarly, you get to stay in heaven also for the good karma you did.. but that too its for a limited period of time.. until ur good karma which you did get exhausted.
    You are sent back to the Earth only to complete you desires ...
    The concept in our dharma is until the soul has desires he has no mukti or salvation or even going to higher planets..
    Hell and heaven are also a part of material world only !!!!

What your friend is offering is heaven....which is a temporary position.

Permanantly if you want to get rid of cycles of birth and deaths then you must take shelter of only Supreme Personality of Godhead and none other.
    The other religions are offering you only heaven not Mukti or Moksha.

Reincarnation has been well proved and documented even by great scholars.
    Chirstianity and Islam though don't believe in Reincarnation/rebirth. They are knowing partially what is Soul
    They have the concept of soul and ghost. They call it as Rooh ( atma) they call it Spirit.
    But they don't completely understand the true nature of the soul.
    Their religious texts are not able to completely explain the nature of soul.
    They believe in Ghosts ..its rather amusing. .. They have a partial concept they have only half knowledge about the soul.
    They are saying.. spirit entered another body.. and creating trouble. the ginn ..
    They don't understand the eternal nature of soul..
    nainam chhindanti shastraani nainam dahati paavakah
    na chainam kledayantyaapo na shoshayati maarutah ( BG 2.23
    Weapons cannot cut It, nor can fire burn It; water cannot wet It, nor can wind dry It.
    This they are unable to understand this simple fact that soul cannot be destroyed!!!
    The body has expiry date but the soul can find another body and can start another journey.
    This process of transmigration of the soul is called rebirth or reincarnation.
    How would they miss this point????

They are speaking about the judgement day.. fine.. But it also means .. that you are responsible for your action......today or tomorrow some power ( Allah or Jesus or Krishna) some high power is going to judge you. It means they are having the concept of Karma also. You cannot escape Judgement day their religion is also not giving you any free pass that you do bad karma today but you can escape it and you are not judged?
    Then what's the point in changing to another religion when you have to face the Judgement day in after many many years from now or today itself for the actions you do.
    YA, If they say you can escape completely from the judgement day then their is some hope.
    But they also are judged.
    Our Concept of carrying karma of the previous life is to make you understand fully that you cannot escape the sins you committed ever and see now also you don't even know what you did in your previous life.
    Tell me why in the world one becomes so successsful in life and other even after doing so much of hard work one cannot get any success?
    Why is the poor man remains poor and rich man gets more and more richer?
    Why is so much disparity? Both should be given equal chance
    Why is God so partial you may ask me.
    Tell me why is Allah so partial?
    Why not he make all people same with all the riches and wealth?
    Why is some kid who is just born having some defects like congenital defects in heart? Why Allah had to give him this type of problems
    Why some are suffering in this world and some are happy leading a normal life?
    Can Chiristianity or Islam explain.?
    Only our religion Sanatana dharma has explanation for this.
    Don't tell me defective pieces are produced by God becoz of mutations or some genetic or heriditary conditions.. or some problems with God itself ..while making the bodies.?????
    If God is existing and he is creating human beings he shouldn't be partial He should give fair chance for all the people.
    This all can be explained only by Theory of Karma.
    Every action you do . .. has a equal and opposite reaction.
    The birth you got is all depending on the past karma you did.. this is not easy for these other religions to explain.
    Their concept is not sanatanam ( based on eternal laws).
    They have very superficial concept.
    Santana dharma is eternal and based on facts not just belief system.
    YES,.. bascially you can start Clean slate now also even now. In our religion also.
    Just turn over a new leaf.. follow regulative principles and take shelter of a guru.. start a new life.
    Jab Jaago tabhi hua sawera..
    Now also u can start clean slate and change ur ways.
    Become a pure Vaishnava and lead a perfect life.
    That is why Vaishnavism is open to all religions and open to all.
    Any one can become a Vaishnava the day they decide to change!!!
    सर्वधर्मान्परित्यज्य मामेकं शरणं व्रज |
    अहं त्वां सर्वपापेभ्यो मोक्षयिष्यामि मा शुच: || 66||
    Abandon all varieties of dharmas and simply surrender unto me alone. I shall liberate you from all sinful reactions; do not fear. ( BG 18.66)
    We are offering you not cheap heaven..!! (which is material world only and its a temporary place. ) We are offering you mukti ( liberation) from all sinful reactions and mukti from this cycles of birth and death in one go.
    Just Surrender to Lord Sri Krishna.
    Hare Krishna
    • I have 3 real cases of people who reincarnated in my village, if you have guts come and check to my village, I am ready to show you those people and you can ask any question then, else remain humble. If you really want proofs Krishna and devotee will help you, if you just want to challenge authority of Krishna, you will be just fooled by your own tiny mind and senses. If you are coming contact me over gmail: durgadangi05@gmail.com
    • This reply was deleted.
      • Do you look exactly same way as you were born or when you were in grade 2?
        Your body has been changing., it size, shape every 7yrs. In one life time itself you have changed so many bodies.
        Do you think the body changing will stop after the death of this old body?
        The soul will reject this old body and take up new body just as u remove old torn of clothes and throw them to wear new clothes..
        The process is very neatly explained 5000 yrs. back itself by Lord Sri Krishna in gita
        vasamsi jirnani yatha vihaya
        navani grhnati naro 'parani
        tatha sarirani vihaya jirnany
        anyani samyati navani dehi
        TRANSLATION
        As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.
        Soul only carries the data chip along .. ur strong desires and memories. You get the next body depending on the strongest desire which you hold on to when you are about to leave the present body.
        you didn't chose the place you have to be born neither the parents.. It is accumulated past karma that decides the place, parents and what type of body you are going to get.
        But some people who are having strong desires( Vasanas) with which they have died.. have retained some of the memories of past life and it has been well documented through out the history. Even though born at different places the had strong affinity to the place the people.. they claimed to have been in that place have met those people.
        Though the body of the person changed..
        Memory of past life is present to still when we are in the womb of the mother.. But the trauma of birth makes them forget. But still some retain if they have very strong desires and unfulfilled wishes.
        There are several reincarnations stories available on the net you could watch.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBjtHvizVQ
        watch this.
        Hare Krishna.
          • Read Bhagwad gita Chapter 2. If you still want proof chant Mahamantra.. You will realize urself. I can tell you pages and pages of information that is given in the text books. But One has to exert oneself to know the Soul and the Supersoul. It is subjective matter.
            One can understand from reading books that we are not body we are soul. But to subjectively feel who are we.. We have to chant.
            in olden days Sages used to do japa for many many years to know finally that they are not body they are soul.
            We are as of now only having a theoretical knowledge.
            But have firm faith in Lord Krishna Praise Him and He can within seconds give us this enlightenment awakening of soul.. whatever..
            Just surrender to Krishna and submissively chant you can know Who are we.
            WHO AM I? is a biggest question..
            The Vedanta-sutra (1.1.1)states, athato brahma jijnasa: "Now one should inquire about Brahman - The absolute truth, the transcendental, spiritual nature"
            No one can prove to you any soul. You have to chant to feel it. It may take few minutes or many life times to simply know what is soul and what are you.
            But the question once came into the mind is enough to start the inquiry.
            But simply asking empty questions wont work. Sit and chant silence ur mind chatter and focus on the breath and chant attentively.
            Hare Krishna.
            We just know only know the theory. To know the practically like those sages.. Chant Mahamantra.
            Lord Krishna is very merciful in the age of Kali only by chanting one can easily know the truth. unlike in olden days.. where they took thousands of years of Chanting /dhyana/yoga sadhana just to know " who am l?"
    • Hare krishna mataji.
  • Hare krsna.......Guruji lol
  • Sevak
    Hare Krsna

HG Radha Rasamayi Mataji has given perfect answer. Now about your friend

He said rather than carrying the baggage of your previous life in this life why don't you become muslim?... be assured to be taken to heaven...

Your friend has no idea about religion, god or laws of nature. Cycle of birth and death for atma is natural phenomenon, like rising and setting of sun and moon. It doesn't depend on individual or collective or religious belief. If a person or a community or a religion does not believe in rising and setting of sun it doesn't matter to the sun or the world.
    Your friend essentially is telling convert to this religion which doesn't consider rising and setting of sun, so you don't need to worry about day and night. Not very good idea.
    Oh ya the allurement of clean slate.. cheap heaven and so on are complete nonsense.

Why do Hindus have this concept where as others don't?
    This is not concept of hindus. This is reality. Lord Sri Krsna wanted everybody to be in reality, hence Lord Sri Krsna has given us this knowledge in Bhagavad Gita.

Why should we only bare the consequences of karma not others in different religion?
    Your understanding is not correct. Every living soul in human body faces the consequences of every action ever committed by him/her irrespective of where they are born or which religion they follow. Law of nature is same. If u put hand in fire it burns, doesn't matter where you live or which religion you follow.

Hare Krsna
This reply was deleted.