Replies

• Hare Krishna

Yes I totally agree with this ...becoz of materilistic lifestyle and the way we live we get the habits ...There is noone to blame but when ignorence vanishes slowly we all will come to light and start our journey towards it . Like the i have begun ....

Reagrds

Roshni
      • As our attachment to Krishna increases, our attachment to material things reduces. Our situation currently may be difficult but we should know the goal & the path. We can not give up anything by our own endeavor. Only by Krishna's mercy can we give up material attachments. Hence, we should always pray to Him to help us. Sometimes the circumstances are so special that we are forced in to a situation. ONLY Krishna can help us.
        • This is very true .

I am realizing it

Regards

Roshni
  • Roshni,
    Don't feel bad i to have trouble going veggie... I try to stick to a strict veggie diet but sometimes it's hard to do when all you have is no support.. The problem is vegtables are so exspensive these days.. and more so organic.I don't eat meat.I stay away from red meat, i do however eat chicken,fish,pork& lamb..and eggs. I hve gone to store to try to buy different vegtables.... but the price is so high.. so i know how u feel
    • Hare Krishna Linda,
      meat is meat whether it is red meat, chicken, fish, pork, lamb or any other animal. Meat is not a subsitute for costly vegetables. Meat is not at all recommended if anyone wants to make spiritual progress. I can imagine well that it is difficult for you to leave non-veg due to various reasons but there is no choice. you are right when there is no support or association of devotees then you may astray from Krishna-Conciousnes so keep visiting ISKCON temple and associate with devotees. It is said that when someone develops love for HIGHER TASTE then all lower tastes are automatically left. here Higher taste means everything related to Krishna like Chanting, eating Krishnatarian food(food offered to Krishna is non-different from Him) ... so i humbly request you to not to compare the prices ... instead see the value of sanctified food and ill-effects of eating meat...

Hari bol!!
    • Non-veg may be cheaper but the Karmas arising from it are costly
      One can not offer non-veg to Krishna. If you eat anything without offering to Krishna, its bad Karma.
      If the food is a product of violence then its even worst.
      We can not decide about our food based on cost or our taste.
      We cook food that Krishna likes.
      This way we can become conscious of Krishna while purchasing vegetables, while preparing, while cooking, while offering and while honoring Krishna prasadam.
  • I have a doubt...please clear
    PPl say that "if we don't kill and eat them..they will eat us"

How do we deal here...as in i understand that this marvelous creation of Krishna is not to be disturbed..
  • I would recommend change association , try to stay with devotees only.
    it affects lot any kind of anartha can be reduced by association of devotees.

just tell ur mind u'll only get krishna prasad.
    eat only offered food.

u can imagine graphics when mind is agitated , animals die that body contains stool in it how one can eat it.
    see some sloghter house videoes
    * remember every action there is equal & oppssite reaction , tell u r mind if u kill some one u'll be also killed. this really works for me.
  • jai shree radhe,the best way to calm down all material urges is to simply chant. Its really beneficial whever i feel urge to enjoy something, I chant and the urge goes off automatically. All due to Krishna. Jai shree radhe.
  • Dear Shobana

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs .I felt a skind of releif that iamnot the only on ewho is going through pain .I have left chicken and meat only fish and eggs are remaining ....Generally Bangalis consider fish to be sacred and offer in many poojas n alll .so so many belief are haunting me .Ima just strugling hard to get out of this .
    May be God is testing me or the right time hasnt come yet ....

Reagrds

Roshni
This reply was deleted.