We feel like Krishna is taking away whatever We have. This is causing doubts in our mind.

Suffering and enjoyment come to us as a result of our past karma. To whatever extent we take shelter of Krishna, to that extent we are released from the reactions to our previous sinful activities.  If you are suffering more now, it is not due to Krishna consciousness.  It is due to your past karma. By becoming Krishna conscious your suffering has been reduced. If you were not Krishna conscious, you would be suffering much more than you are now. Instead of being disturbed by the suffering, accept it as the special mercy of Krishna to help you feel more and more dependent exclusively on Him. If you can see your suffering like this, it will be transformed into transcendental bliss.  It will serve as a springboard to catapult you into the transcendental kingdom of God.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

I heard a wonderful analogy given by a devotee here in our temple last sunday in SB class. If we go to a knife shop and ask for a knife, the owner will suggest take this one or that one based on how big he can make profit out of it and give the knife to us. But if his own son goes to his shop and asks for a knife, the father will ask why do u need a knife??? Based on what the son says, the father decides weather to give him the knife or not. If the son says take this money and give me knife, the father will take money but do not give him the knife if he knows that he will misuse it.

Similarly, Krishna is like that knife shop owner. If some one comes to him and ask him any thing, he will award them. But if a devotee who are his children, asks something that is harmful for our bhakthi, he will not approve it.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Volunteer

Dear devotee Hare Krsna, All glories to Sri Krsna who is called Rama, The giver of bliss .

There are  4 kinds of pious men who come to Krsna and one of them is those who are distressed.

Being distressed or suffering the miseries of this world is felt by all living in the material world from time to time.

But suffering in itself is not the actual cause for seeking shelter of Krsna.

It is sukrti,  piety ,      but not just ordinary piety. Not material piety.

It is bhakti sukrti which is often attained by association of devotees and also often unknowingly performed.

For this reason pure devotees wander around the world preaching the glories of Krsna and His devotional service.   And loudly chanting the Names of the Lord  Hari, Krsna and Rama.

That is the missionary activities of ISKCon.   To help others develop the piety to come to Krsna.

To bring about their good fortune.

Hare Krsna

• Hari bol!
    Very nice!
  • Volunteer

Dear devotee Hare Krsna.  The first 2 symptoms of taking up pure devotional service is klesagni and shubadha. Relief from all material miseries and all auspiciousness.    If you are not getting this which is fully described in the very beginning of Nectar of devotion then we must conclude that you are not taking shelter of the genuine  spiritual life of pure bhakti.   Hare Krsna.

• Yes sometimes our faith in God Shatters as after taking the holy name we suffer.

Good People suffer and people who are cunning they enjoy.This question always comes to my mind. There is some disparity at times.God knows the reason.I do agree everything is based on our past karmas.

Hare krishna

Falguni Mehta

• Same is the case with me.Very nice solution.

Haribol !!

• Volunteer

wonderful explaination.....

This reply was deleted.