Realisation on Determination

REALISATION

While coming to Krishna consciousness times and again I shied away from teaching Mahamantra to the kids of my Play school. The very thought of getting criticized by family, parents of kids and onlookers kept me miles away from doing so. Then I came across the following verse, was found in one of published blog, of Srimad Bhagavatam 2.4.3-4,

mugdham maam nigadantu neeti-nipunaa bhraantam muhur vaidikaah
mandam baandhava-sancayâ jada-dhiyam muktaadaraah sodaraah
unmattam dhanino viveka-caturaah kaamam mahaa-daambhikam
moktum na kshaamate manaag api mano govinda-paada- sprhaam

"Let the sharp moralist accuse me of being illusioned; I do not mind. Experts in Vedic activities may slander me as being misled, friends and relatives may call me frustrated, my brothers may call me a fool, the wealthy mammonites may point me out as mad, and the learned philosophers may assert that I am much too proud; still my mind does not budge an inch from the determination to serve the lotus feet of Govinda, though I be unable to do it."

And all my doubts melted in the fire of truth and I decided to hold a interschool drawing competition on the occasion of Janamastmi 2010. In this, I invited many schools of the city to participate. The topic chosen was “Krishna and His Pass times”. I even prepared the children to play and sing the mahamantra for the occasion as I wanted to spread it amongst the participants.

Out of several invited schools many turned the invitation accusing me for choosing a difficult topic and my being inclined to a particular ‘cult’. Yet I kept my fingers crossed praying hard and persuading parent, children and whosoever came in my contact to participate in the competition and then just three days before one of the city’s biggest and most prestigious school called me up, confirmed their invitation. They informed me that they would be sending 75 children to participate.

When the choir started singing the Mahamantra again I thought that everyone is going to laugh and the adults will criticize. However miraculously the children all 110 of them started clapping, jumping and dancing blissfully to the tune. I bowed down low in gratitude and love for the Supreme and for the Guru maharaj for showing thier causeless mercy to a fallen soul like me.

With this success I resolved to start Krishna conscious activities in my play school too.Today my school kids sing, clap and dance to the tune of Mahamantra blissfully and that gives me the greatest pleasure in the world.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• THANX PRABHUJI.
  • PAMHO mataji
    Thanx a million for Your encouragement.
  • Hare Krishna,
    Its really a great step in Lord Chaitanya's mission to spread Hari Naam to everyone.
    It is said that the right age to start Krishna bhakti is 5 years ... we have already missed a significant part of our life... but if younger generation can be engaged in devotional service by any means.. then it is a great service to society...
    Keep it up..
    Hari Bol
    • PAMHO
      Thankyou for your encouraging words.
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna !!!
    So, wonderful to hear. Srila Prabhupada will be very pleased to see you serving our younger generation by making them chant Hare Krishna or at least giving chance to meet Krishna in form of His holy name.

Please Keep it up !!!

Hare Krishna.
This reply was deleted.