Questions regarding karma

Hare Krishna,

If Krishna forgives sinners what is justice to the people who were affected by the sinners?

Do we have to suffer through all our karma be it sanchita, prarabdha and agami/kriyaman? Some sources say that karma cannot be destroyed. I am confused.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Do we have to suffer through all our karma be it sanchita, prarabdha and agami/kriyaman?

Yes

Some sources say that karma cannot be destroyed

Yes that is true in most cases. 

But devotees have the opiton of how we can suffer or enjoy our karmic reactions. When gopis experienced the pain of separation from Sri Krsna, their bad Karma was destroyed through that pain. From their point of view they did not think of getting rid of Karma, they just loved Krsna and felt separation from Him out of love. From Krsna's point of view the gopis conquered Krsna in an overwhelming manner. But from Karma point of view, all ther bad Karma was destroyed. 

Similarly by serving Krsna, by hearing about Krsna and by interacting with Krsna, they expereinced great joy. By this they exhausted their good Karma. 

It is safe to consider that Good Karna or Bad Karma, whatever it be, we should focus on serving Krsna with love, especially by chanting the holy names of Krsna. Krsna is certainly capably of changing Karma, but that is not what a devotee expects. When Parikshit Maharaj was cursed because of a mistake, he welcomed the curse with relief.

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna,

I think you are thinking Krishna is some ordinary God. Oh man!!!

How this Krishna stands have you observed?  Tribhanga .. twisted one leg crossed over another.  Do you think it is easy to get the forgiveness and acceptance of Sri Krishna.  He is toughest God to be approached .. Other demigods, you can please them by chanting their name, they appear after a certain number of chantings and give boons. But  to get Krishna's attention even for a second.. it is not possible for even yogi's also who are constantly in dhyana... you cannot get so easily. His test are innumerable. To approach you need to lose your ego which is toughest.. 

people here not able to even follow 4 regulative principles properly. Even chanting 16 rounds with mind completely on Lord.. Forget about loving Krishna. That is not so easy.  Only if you have special grace of guru or some saints or Lord Himself,  one can love Him. 

Simple things following 4 regulative principles gets tough in this kaliyuga what to speak of chanting Lord's holy name with love.

The twisted one is not so easy as you think. If Lord forgives sinners it means He has tested them at many levels... offering all types of Luring things.  Once you are forgiven it means ur sins are gone burned off.

If he or she is a sinner and seeks forgiveness after doing offenses.. Lord will surely test them very very serverely until they realize their mistake and accept sincerely and atone to the sin and than only get any mutki or etc. Justice will be done at the same time to those affected by the sinners. Lord is very very kind to His devotees. If the devotee sincerely seeks help of Lord He will see to that they are paid back. These accounts are kept by Lord. Why do we need to worry so much.

Btw... we may not know actually the affected person must have done something in previous life time to this present sinner so he/ she is suffering today. This karma is not so easy to understand.. as we only have knowledge of this life time ( max.. few hours, days or months or years of account ) but Lord knows the soul's past, present and future births and what is she/he going to suffer for what reason also and who will cause the pain to him/her and why did even had to suffer today. so we are not the real person to gauge all this. Only Sri Krishna can understand all this maybe justice is done today she is affected by the sinner today because she or he has done something very bad to the sinner in previous life times. 

Lord wont do injustice to anyone this is know fact. While I was trying to understand your question.

Hope you understand and don't confuse too much on this topic its waste of time to ponder on such topics which are not in our hands. 

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna Mataji 🙏

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Thank you very much for giving me clarity, I was very confused about this topic and please accept my apology for underestimating the power of Krishna.

Hare Krishna 🙏

This reply was deleted.