Question about Lord Nrsimhadeva.

Hare Krishna,

I have been reading about the appearance of Lord Nrsimhadeva in the 7th canto of Srimad Bhagavatam and I have a question:

Has Lord Nrsimhadeva always existed or did Lord Vishnu create that form at the moment because he knew that form would defeat Hiranyakasipu?

If Lord Nrsimhadeva has always existed then does he have a place where he resides until he is needed?

Thank you for the help.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Has Lord Nrsimhadeva always existed or did Lord Vishnu create that form at the moment because he knew that form would defeat Hiranyakasipu?

All forms and avatars of Lord like Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Trivikrama etc (except Buddha) are eternal.

If Lord Nrsimhadeva has always existed then does he have a place where he resides until he is needed?

Yes each form of Lord has a separate vaikuntha planet in spiritual world where the lord enjoys pastimes eternally with his devotees. For example Lord Rama has an eternal abode of Ayodhya in spiritual world where He accepts service from Hanuman, Sugriva, Jatayu and many more devotees. Same is case with Lord Narasimha. 

In the cover page of Srimad Bhagavatam first canto you can find some vikuntha planets along with their presiding form of the lord. This cover page was designed by Srila Prabhupada himself.

Hare Krsna

• This reply was deleted.
    • Gaur Nitai,

I know that there is no difference between Lord Krishna and Lord Nrsimhadeva. What I did not know is if Lord Krishna's other forms (avatars) previously existed or if he creates them when they are needed. 

Is there any scripture that states that Lord Krishna's other forms have always existed?

This reply was deleted.