Replies

• Volunteer

IMPERSONALIST and IMPERSONALISM‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

• Hare Krishna !
    Yes Maya Devi plays a role everywhere, in every form, and with full strength. So there is no wonder if in ISKCON alo we may find impersonalist mentalities. BUT a devotee should keep his eye only on the eye of the Bird then only he can become an Arjuna. If you enquire after these, your attention will be diverted from Krsna. AND you will miss your aim of joining ISKCON. How to correct :- Don't bother about them you look straight on your path, lest instead of them coming to right path, you may forget your path.
  • Very interesting question amit kalra prabhu,sincerity means to personally appreciate ones short comings and the many defective traits which stand in the way to our learning how to love krishnas foremost servant the supreme servitor of godhead.The guru.
    Love means personal...it means your behaviour is either pleasing or displeasing to him!Hence it is generally natural for us to be impersonal....since we have been trained to be selfish and envious,simply concerned with our own desires and longings!The ''personal corrections and rectifications'' take place naturally when we serve together, and older devotees direct us as to how our service can be improved,this is natural ,when you have senior association ,which you can trust to direct us,and we submit naturally because they actually care for us.Hence the need for siksa guru or gurus,usually they are seasoned devotees,who are far more determined than us.We make freinds based on serving them and guru......sometimes we also take shelter of them ,hence this is the wonderful nature of the ISKCON SOCIETY!As a consequence our non-envious service attitude becomes pleasing to older advanced devotees, so they naturally bless you with their krishna katha,which in its self is up lifting and transforming....your servant
    • Thank you Yuga avatar prabhu...
      If i am not wrong u have written article on Orkutting with Krsna in BTG indian edition, April 2010.
      Well yesterday i got some hint to this answer through a book Vaishnava ke...
      It may be my speculation, but i have felt that
      among devotees also, if they do not utilize everything for Krsna or just renunciate everything saying it as maya...then they r acting like impersonlists.....secondly if some devotees are interested in false prestige by chanting in solitude..like mayawaadis look for false prestige as they consider themselves GOD.

pls correct me if i am wrong...
      Hare Krishna
      • Please accept my kind wishes for your future devotional service amit kara,we all need proper association.Where honesty,freindship and genuine feelings are not stunted or perverted because of our own motivated desires!In other words....Plato said ,a certain rotteness sets in where ever we become fixed upon a certain position!Or devotional service is meant to be pure.... unmotivated....as Srila Prabhupada descibes it ''unalloyed''.Which means we have to look each other in the eye,and not cheat .Simply be willing to admit i am just a lowly servant whose aim in life is to try and please my guru!Hopefully free from the propencity to expliot other devotees...We are simply trying to stay in the association of swans....though we are crows prabhu personally!As my siksa guru is prone to tell me regularly,you are the problem yuga_avatar_das!.......you are the problem!
  • Hare Krishna,
    Even after coming to Krishna Consciousness, if one is practicing Impersonalism philosophy then such person is highly confused. If one is impersonalist then he cannot accept processes envisaged in Bhakti Yoga. One cannot travel simantenously in both the boats together. You cannot externally understd about impersonalists as they dont have any practice as such but they cannot appreciate or practice Bhakti Yoga process. Hope it clarifies..... Yours Servant
This reply was deleted.