ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krishna

I am from Bangladesh Dhaka .Me and my wife have been practicing Krishna Consciousness for 1 & half years . we have one child of 6 years old. Part of this practice we started to take vegetable and omitted all kind of NON-veg from the month of January of this year. But people around us not accepting to become vegetarian specially my Mother in Law, Sister in law as they frequently stay in our home due to sickness of my wife. But my wife is still strict to be as vegetarian and she never allowed to bring any fish or meat at our home. But her Mother and sister continuously insisting us to take non-veg and last one year they put tremendous mental & physical pressure on us to take non-veg and tried to make us understand that other Vaishnavas who are worshiping Krishna are taking non-veg other than the ISKCON devotee, Krishna never told us to become vegetarian to worship him & Lord is always merciful and also accept our worship . so there is no problem to take non-veg . According to them ISKCON is imposing unnecessary rules which is completely against to our social context and one will be completely separated from the society if we follow them. Even we cant attend any social gathering or any occasion of our relative if we become vegetarian since all of them are non-veg. Apart from these they are trying to explain about health hazard like lack of B12 vitamin & protein of taking only veg. But still my wife is strict in this regard and always there is hue & cry at my home on this issue .

Just to let you know my wife has got SPINE FUSION SURGERY last month in CHennai . Hence she need incentive care and it is must to stay of her mother and sister at my home to look after her. My mother In law already initiated Vaishnava Guru but take non veg regularly and according to her GURU never restrict her to take non veg.

However this hue & cry is become a going concern in this regard and me & my wife becoming upset mentally.

In this circumstances i need to know below things .

1. Is it indeed necessary to become vegetarian to worship Lord Krishna ? Can anybody mention any verse from Vedas & Puranas ?
2. How will we maintain all these rules during our old age any case or during sickness ?
3. How can get rid of lack of B12 vitamins, sea minerals of my family ?
4. What sort of food should i feed my 6 years old CHild to maintain her physical growth and brain development if to continue
5 I heard that ISKCON temples never keep any Old Devotee who are sick and not physically fit & send them back to home who become old & Weak, Is it true?

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krishna , 

Prabhuji ,  I always feel the only way to resolve such issues is by Association , 

Make Devotee friends , Slowly your social Gatherings will be with Vaishnavas  

1. Is it indeed necessary to become vegetarian to worship Lord Krishna ? Can anybody mention any verse from Vedas & Puranas ?    you try to answer the  question yourself why one should be vegetarian , What does it help us do , 

Many will give you Answers like Hitler was vegetarian and he killed Millions and Mother Teresa was Non veg and she was very compassionate . Dont Fall for such Answers   

Old saying Jaisa Ann waisa Man 

2. How will we maintain all these rules during our old age any case or during sickness ?

you are right , We eat medicines which we dont know  Currently  ,
3. How can get rid of lack of B12 vitamins, sea minerals of my family ?  you can go for alternative food 
4. What sort of food should i feed my 6 years old CHild to maintain her physical growth and brain development if to continue  u can lot of things to maintain physical  growth and brain , Salads , Vegetables , parthas , idli dosa , chapathi etc 
5 I heard that ISKCON temples never keep any Old Devotee who are sick and not physically fit & send them back to home who become old & Weak, Is it true?  I feel the Children should take care of the Mother and father Ideally . Teach  your Children to care of Elders and you also take care of your Elders , Children lean what we do .

OK first thing is you can research macrobiotic because it uses proper food combinations including vegetarian for complete protein.

you can take b12 pills as well if you feel the need

Well as far as establishing an Iskcon retirement program, that would be my service if I were still in Iskcon. It is true that many devotees are kicked out after having served their whole adult lives.... this is not the way though.... we have to take responsibility for the people who surrender their lives to our program, at least as well as you average karmi business. If we provided health care and other support withe the money that THEY bring in anyway, then many more people would surrender and not have to worry about being set out to pasture...

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service