Prayers are not getting answered

Hare Krishna

PAMHO AGTSP.

For the past few weeks I'm into depression.I don't know what to do . I have lost all my hopes,feeling lonely inside. Everyday I am crying and praying to the lord still not able to come out. I don't feel connected to krsna and feeling miserable inside. I don't know what to do now . My last hope is krsna and it seems I am loosing my last hope also.

Ys

Pradeep

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1st. deserve
    & then desire.
    God is generosity personified.
    Accually Krish's Loving governing disposition is a Invaluable benediction.
    Life Coaching & Good guidance is a Skill That generally only the most welthy can cammition! ?
    The Chanting/(service) fills the need for the Karmic Laws of reciprocation with God can happen,-do to
    "the Principle of Free Will"-apparently*
    Initiation on our part, is required* +Trust Faith & Pashunts.
    Krishna never fails However,
    Selflissly (Chanting/Working) mean-while trusting in Hi's guidance, is
    the recommended path
    to tread." As I have been told!
  • E-Counselor
    Always remember Krishna, never forget Krishna. This is the verdict of all the scriptures.
    Just like the prescribed medication for a patient by one physician irrespective to like or unlike of a patient.
    Once you have taken the shelter of Krishna,you must keep patience to get the result. Just like a woman can not have a baby in short time:rather, she has to wait 9 to 10 months.
    So, keep patience and associate with devotees. Keep chanting and daily read Prabhupad books at least one page. This definitely remove your depression. Read as much you can.
    Haribol!
  • My name is Kush. You can PM me your number prabhu. We can talk or chat on whatsapp. Sometime just having  friends to talk to helps to get out of depression. I have interest in psychology and self help. I can also try to get you connected to my devotee counselors friends who can help you in KC way instead of going to a material psychologist. Vaishnavism is personalism. Srila Rupa Goswami recommends that we should cultivate friendship with devotees and take care of them. 

Try to go to temple more and associate with advanced devotees. Spirtual activities can help wonders in fighting depression. Your humble servant.

• Yes Krishna is not our order carrier, yes He will not let us go, & yes our works for Him are the soundest foundation for our progression material & Spiritual. True it is, that the prescription for service/chanting is that we should serve Him SelfLessly, accepting Hi's judgments in our heart of hearts, as our own highest & greatest good. Think of it, unless otherwise interrupted
    karma awords us with reactions that are alike & of the kind of the thoughts, feelings, energies, vibrations & creative or destructive frequencys that we ourselves are producing or "intertaining! This Law of justice is real it is simplistic, subscribers to it most' (1) trust that Krishna understands & accepts our intentions & #2 We must accept & acknowledge that ultimately our "Negative/distrutive/ ignorant karma's will outWeigh our positive/creative actions dispite our most "Conchus efforts" hence we end where we begin (at the mercy of Krishna's) compassion & sence of justice. As certain as Krishna is all mighty all knowing & all-pervading
    Kreshna is all persuading! Hence it is Hi's feelings towards us that we are experiencing at every turn!
    It's really quiet an un-complacated, equation
    All knowing +
    All powerful + All Pervasive=All things. Krishnas is God-God is every thing. So what can we expect as fruits of our laber/Sweetly chanting)- offten/daily? 1, God's overSight/awareness of our life & existance & 2 Hi's gratitude for our unconditional Selfless service).I have heard it said by the Vishnavahs that because He "Krishna is the orraginal or (SuperSoul) of everyone -"Pleasing Him is effectively pleasing everyone". Trust is All you need! - ) Hare Haray Bolla
  • Hare Krishna,

Thank you very much prabhu for your reply. Your reply has brought smile on my face.I am just praying to the lord please show me the right path.I cannot share my problem with anyone except Krishna.I believe in him.He is going to take me out from this miserable situation.

• E-Counselor

Chant "less" - how does less chanting help in battling depression? Pls explain.

WHat we know is - chanting can solve all problems of life. Our basic problem is identification with the body and forgetfulness of our relationship with God. How chanting less can help?

In all your posts you have written good a lot of times. Who decides what is good and what is not good? What is the basis? 

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

You have mentioned that everyday you are crying and praying to the lord. THat is very good. How many rounds of mahamantra are you chanting? Are you eating Krsna prasadam?

See, there are 2 ways to deal with depression - one is clinically, the other is with firm, unflinching faith. Actually both can be done together also. 

Pls continue chanting, if possible, all 16 and following 4 regulative principles. Try to hear lectures and read Gita and Srimad Bhagwatam. You will feel bliss inside, then these externals are not required at all.

Haribol,

YOUr servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krsna Mataji,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. Yes i am not able to chant my 16 rounds due to my mental illness. As suggested by you once again I started reading Bhagavad Gita.I am also thinking to get in touch with a psychiatrist.

Ys 

Pradeep

• Hare Krishna Prabhu

Sorry to hear that you are suffering so much with depression. Would it be possible for you to meet with a mental health counselor? I think sometimes being able to talk to someone about your hopes, fears and depression with someone who will really listen can be helpful. I think it can be hard to be Krishna Conscious sometimes when someone is so depressed.

• Hare Krsna,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes it becomes very hard to be in Krsna consciousness when someone becomes so depressed.Maya is very strong but I believe in Krsna and only he is going to take me out from this miserable situation.

Ys

Pradeep

This reply was deleted.