Replies

•  agreed, association makes it easy to maintain discipline. what about people who live far from temples & who are not from vaishnav families ? how will they get chance for initiation ? i don't mean to argue but Lord's arrangement varies from person to person - prabhupad initiated many disciples by writing letters - not physically present also ! He said -  "An expert acharya always knows how to adjust rules of shastras according to time, place & circumstances."  i'm sorry if i'm hurting your beliefs, please trust me that's not my intention, thanks

• for the record, prabhupad also performed initiation ceremonies with fire sacrifice according to shastric rules. pamho. AGTSP

• Hi Gayatri, I like your replies, and there is no problem with them. There will be a problem if one stops thinking, and just follow some directions !

• yes i agree with you.... gayatri ji's replies are nice & there's nothing wrong with them 

• this notion of a master being 'strict' - it may work for some people, but others may run away - which is not what we want. A master can sit with the disciple, understand his problems, offer tips and give him confidence that he can wake up & attend the arati on time, and the  same goes for all other challenges as well ... this has been my personal experience

• Maybe the word 'master' means - the one who forces us to do something ! Bat if he/she advices us he/she will be the true guru?! Maybe the western traditions are slightly different then eastern ones ?! In general, if one is forced [ or because of fear of punishment]  to do something good, it makes it less valuable ?!  

• this notion of a master being 'strict' - it may work for some people, but others may run away - which is not what we want. A master can sit with the disciple, understand his problems, offer tips and give him confidence that he can wake up & attend the arati on time, and the  same goes for all other challenges as well ... this has been my personal experience

• It is okay , we can practice, even many others do practice and probably our elders do too. having a guru is a plus point, you will directed with right path .

i too practice alone. it is hard to control our mind and focus on our aim. sometimes i too get distracted. But we have to try to focus on our aim.

I started reading Gita and im learning many things day by day.

• Maybe, our karma is a kind of burden, we are obligated to carry ? So we rely on guru to share our own burden! Maybe it is worth to get rid of our negativity all by our self !

This reply was deleted.