ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Practicing Krishna consciousness without a spiritual master

Is it okay to practice bhakti even without a spiritual teacher and learn through reading Srila Prabhupada's books ..

Views: 694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You get a different name after this birth.. you get adopted to guru ( another father) another birth.. you become a Vaishnava. you maybe belonging to another caste, creed or religion after this initiation only u are called brahmin.

Even it is same for those who are born Vaishnava or Brahminas also. They have to take the second birth until then they are considered shudra only.

All are born shudras until second birth happens as SP says.

HK

Is it must to get initiation? can I do devotion without it? I read Sp books and I even follow rules and regulation..Well, who is validating it?  you maybe doing it right now as u are reading SP books. after few months u may lose interest. u may fall down. If u have a guru, atleast u will have fear of offending a guru. So you will try to be regular and do follow rules and regulations properly.  You have given a vow to guru during initiation that u will keep following rules and regulations properly.

But again there are many Vaishnavas who fall down even after given vow to guru. Its becoz of the kaala ( time)  Kali prabhava.

But there is always a chance that one may at some point of time realize his mistake and take shelter of merciful guru and seek forgiveness.

To err is human ..to forgive is divine.

And one more important thing is....KC is not done completed in one life. Its a continuous process. Ek janam mein aane wali cheez nahi. 

kai janmo se sanskaran ho raha hai.

until we get perfected we cannot attain goloka. 

One thing good about this life -- Is we got understanding of Mahamantra ( we came to know its efficacy) . That is only a great thing. Atleast now we know that we are on the right path.

Its all by the mercy of Lord Sri Krishna and our guru's.

Now we must strive to control all bad habits and attain love of God.

As prem hi jagat ka saar hai.

LOL!!!!! 

Uddhava was very learned he was disciple of Brihaspati he learnt and understood Bramhan also. But to understand prem ( love) he had to take the dust of lotus feet of gopis' on his head. They only became his siksha guru's.

ALL knowledge of all books is all to know What is love !!!!!!!

Pothi padh padh jag muya, pandit bhaya na koye

Dhai akshar prem ka, padhe so pandit hoye

पोथी पढ़ पढ़ जग मुआ, पंडित भया न कोए |

ढाई अक्षर प्रेम का, पढ़े सो पंडित होए ||

Reading books everyone died, no one became any wise

One who reads the words of love, only became wise

Jai Shrimati Radha rani ji ki.

Hare Krsna
If you are reading the books of Srila Prabhupada then you have the best spiritual master in the world already!
Without a spiritual master it is mental speculation.

Nice Reply Prabhuji

Zola pritam prabhu ji/mata ji.,

It is fine if u accept SP as ur siksha guru and read books of SP but u have another person called diksha guru.

you cannot consider SP as ur diksha guru.  It is against the rule of ISKCON.

https://iskcondesiretree.com/forum/topics/ritvik

read Reply by Dharmabir Das reply.

pls. refer this. for more easy understanding.

SP is no doubt greatest spiritual teacher.

I am also Initiated and I also read Sp books for ur information.

HK

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service