Dear Devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisances,

All glories to Guru and Gauranga

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

What are different ways to read / study Srimad Bhagvatam. Can we complete it in one year. Do you have any plans, how to complete all cantos in 1 or few year.

your servant,

Santosh

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here in mayapur, 4 to 5  devotees are comming together for reading and discussing about Srimad Bhagvatam and other Prabhupada Books for 2 hours daily. This method is also wonderful and group members will not feel boring as disscusion is interactive process. We can also set targets completeing group reading. 

Also in one lecture I heard some devotees made group for reading 1 chapter of Srimad Bhagvad Gita on daily daily basis. 

This is also a workable solution.

• please read the article attached with this. It is written by HG Radheshyam Prabhu, ISKCON PUNE Temple President, (M.Tech IIT Bombay)

STUDYING_SRIMAD_BHAGAVATAM.pdf

• hare krishna.dandvat pranam prabhuji. 

there is a book in iskcon related to bhagvatam.

the name of this book - srimad bhagvatam condensed,in story form

one can go through this book to understand bhagvatam in short time.

ur servant

nitin      

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krishna Santosh prabhuji,

I was thinking on the same line few months ago.

I was thinking how and when will I finish 18 books and was  very desperately wanted to finish it quickly.

Looked like a big project to me. But then what I decided was to read the slokas and english translation (skipping the purport) and after all the 18,000 slokas and english translation of those slokas will be finished(expecting it to be finished in 5-6 months, 30 minutes everyday), I will start all over again with full purport  .

Anyways many times it happens that when we read certain things second time , it gets clearer and clearer.

It work out well for me.

Jai shree gokulesh

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Of course reading Sanskrit loudly enough creates auspiciousness but the main thing should be understand Bhagavatam and apply it in our life.

Srila Prabhupada even used to read his own purports. He used to say that these are not my writings but he was just instrument. Because of that only purports find out so many Devotees all around the world not Sanskrit verses or original texts.

Because in Kali yuga we do not have enough good intelligence and we can not understand the true message. Because of that we need purports.

Again, no need to try to finish it within one year if it is not possible. It is important that we understand every message and apply it in our life. When we complete one round of Bhagavatam we start them again. There is no end in reading Srimad Bhagavatam.

Even if we read it for 4-5 times we will get ever new realizations.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Santosh Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

It is possible to read for 2-3 hours a day and could complete Bhagavatam within a year. 

But main thing is not to complete but to understand the contents, isn't it Prabhuji?!

I heard that when we read Bhagavatam we have to read it louder so that we can hear our voice. 

Usually, i while reading put some side music and read. Very nice. 

The main problem is we may think that we do not have free 2 hours a day. 

There are ways of saving time:

---to sleep not more than 6  for Prabhus, not more than 7 for Matajis.

---to sleep on time and wake up in Brahma Muhurta. Srila Prabhupada told that it is nice to sleep at 8 PM and wake up 2-3. Because in the morning it is easy to chant our rounds. We will be able to finish them within 2-3 hours. 

---Not to over eat. It will also consume our time. 

---No TV, no papers...no gossip

---Better if we plan every our action. It will save our time. 

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.