Non veg

Hare Krishna,

If a Muslim or christian or even low caste Hindu eats non veg will he get the same sin as a Hindu brahmin eating or Brahmin will get more sin if he eats and others get comparitively lesser sin?

your servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Thanks for your kind words Dean prabhu. I pray that Lord reveals His true self to all.

• E-Counselor

Subash Prabhu,

It is for you to take whichever view suits you. I reiterate that one can be eating meat and try to be a devotee of Krsna. But to become a devotee, that is, if you make progress in the field of devotion, automatically your meat eating tendency will go away. You will become a pure vegetarian - no onion no garlic eating person. If taht is not happening, then there is a problem in your path. How can you be in love with the lord and going against His directions? Meat eating is permitted, in extreme emergencies - satisfying the tongue is not ANY emergency.

Of course, I have not even started. I am a beginner, and telling what I know and have firm faith on. What I am saying is backed by scriptures, guru and sadhu. you decide. I rest my case.

Haribol,

• Hare Krishna Rashmi Mataji.

It is great to have a guru. Infact you must be blessed to have a guru. But you have to inquire more and more so that all your doubts are cleared. It is ok to accept what the guru is saying, but if you have any doubts you should ask until it is cleared. If you can ask the question put by me to your guru and get an answer, it would be great.

I have read Bhagavad Gita As It Is. First time by going through all the purports and second time, without going through any purports. Please believe me, the understanding was not the same. Because, when I read the verses directly, as the Lord said, I could find no loopholes in His theology. It was perfect. I could see that the theory was simple and straight forward. But people have understood with a bias(mindset) towards Sattvic guna. That is the problem and still the Supreme Knowledge is hidden. Please explore, with a clean slated mind, just by offering prayer to Krisha and I am sure He will reveal the secret to you.

Regards,

Subash

• Hare Krishna Rohit Prabhu.

I have a question and there is an answer for it and I am in pursuit. Thats all I know. I am sorry if I am contradicting any views of Srila Prabhupada.

But I dont want to be in a situation where, you believe something all your life and in the end find out that it was a complete misunderstanding.

Regards,

Subash

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Subhash Prabhu,

Just to add to Rohit prabhu's reply - I knew you would ask this question - why do we offer food made from rice, grains etc, to the Lord? These are also not mentioned in the verse.. The answer is - grains are the fruit of that plant that produces them. It is still a plant produce only. Therefore, we can prepare, offer and have grains.

As against meat, which is not a plant produce. Prabhupada has explained at lenght that the human body has been structured biologically to be vegeterian - the way our intestines are so long and unwinding, the way humans do not have the physical strength to kill like ferocious carnivores like lion or tiger, humans need instruments and deceit to kill, not bare hands and brute strength.

Meat is not food for humans. Then the natural question that arises is - why milk and milk products? The answer is because the lord has permitted them and himself fed is Gopa and gopi friends with his hands. Therefore egg is not permitted. Milk and milk products have been proved to be nourishing scientifically also.

Krsna told us to worship cows, that has been scientifically proven that cow milk and even cow urine has so many health benefits. There are updated versions of science, not of the puranas and mahabharata, for this reason only.

Haribol,

Your servant.

• Hare Krishna Rashmi Mataji..

If we can go by the logic and not by the exact verse,(as in case of grains and milk products which you explained), then it is clear that, Lord accepts not just those 4 things He mentioned in the verse, but also other things which are offered with devotion. So, again I fail to understand what is wrong in offering meat to the Lord? Do you think Krishna would not accept it? If this is the case, then its like showing hate to the devotee, which is not Godly. All I am saying is, if you offer with devotion and love, the Lord accepts it. Please try to understand the hidden meaning. And by the way, Milk has some amount of blood and pus mixed in it.

Regards,

Subash

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Subhash Prabhu,

You are saying you will offer with love and devotion something that Krsna does not like!!! How do you expect Krsna to accept something He does not want from us in the first place!! How is it showing hate to the devotee? On the other hand, devotee is showing disregard to the word of the lord by offering something which is not permitted. Is that love and devotion - complete dis regard for the word of God?

All I am saying is, if you offer with devotion and love, the Lord accepts it. Please try to understand the hidden meaning. Can you offer with love and devotion something that the lord doesnt want? Love and devotion are important - thats why the lord had the skin of banana instead of banana in Vidura's house. When the lord rejected Duryodhana's feast, He went to Vidura's house for His meal. There, Vidura was not present. His wife, Vidurani, was so enamoured by the lord's form and the fact that the lord had come to eat in her house, she was peeling the banana and giving him the skin. Another example is Sabari - in Ramavatar, she was tasting the fruit and giving the lord. The lord accepted because of love and devotion in both cases.

If you notice, the same love and devotion could have been displayed by replacing non veg item instead of banana peel and ber. This was not done, because it is not permitted. You show me one guru, one saint in parampara, one devotee who has recommended that we can offer anything non-veg, with love and devotion is the only condition.

When He is giving direct instruction, you are looking for hidden meaning? Y not follow the direct instruction as it is and see how you feel? If you make your stomach a graveyard of flesh and bones, how do you expect to get any peace at all - forget spiritual progress!

Milk, to my knowledge - blood converts to milk in the body of mother, including cow. Pus in milk?? Dont know.

haribol,

Your servant.

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

"You are saying you will offer with love and devotion something that Krsna does not like!!!"

Krishna doesn't like??? I am sorry, but I understood Lord is non-partial, equal to hate and love. If I am offering anything with Love, my faith is that the supreme Lord Accepts it. How come Krishna doesnt like something of His own creation? He would see my bhakti while offering it and not the material which I am offering Him. I am sorry but seems that the way I understand God is completely different from the way you have understood Him.

Regards,

Subash

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

I do not profess to understand God at all. I am attempting to become a devotee, thats all. Yes - Krsna does not like. Can He tolerate if one son takes the blood of another son and offers 'with love and devotion'?

Krsna says he is unattached, doesnt hate anyone, including demons. He also says and shows in His leelas that He is partial to His devotee. To qualify to become His devotee, do you think you will do something which is against His doctrine and still qualify? The choice is yours - I can only say I cannot endorse it nor give any shastric evidence to endorse it.

Haribol,

Your servant.

• Dean prabhu u r always saying that a person can eat any shit food and still remain a perfect devotee because he's on a transcendental platform.

Well alright,but are you on that platform?Prahlad maharaj was on that platform so he even drank poison and remained unaffected[Lord saved him as he had offered the poisoned food to him first].Another point to note here is that he was not drinking poison daily for lunch and dinner.It was forced upon him.

dinner.it
    This domain may be for sale!
This reply was deleted.